[REPORTED]New A-10C and current "bug fixing exercise"

Redglyph

I'm excited to see the new features in store for the A-10C II!

Seeing there is a talk of that in the news, and also a mention of those bug squashing sessions you have at ED, it's the perfect time to ask if there is any chance you fix the cockpit switch interactions which are inconsistent and confusing on this otherwise wonderful module. Either on the new model, or on both, which would be fair.

Since I've provided the fix 4.5 years ago and it takes a few minutes to integrate, I'm perplexed as to why you've always refused to do it.

I'm talking about this, to clarify: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2268038/

The Warthog is a great asset to DCS, and it also have a great choice of campaigns. Seeing a new, improved version coming up is really nice :) I really enjoyed the current version, except for this major issue, that's why I decided to ask this question one more time, even though I had given up on that (perhaps also because I'm stubborn).

God speed with the current developments!

Edited by Redglyph
4 years, not 3... worse than I thought

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Seeing there is a talk of that in the news, and also a mention of those bug squashing sessions you have at ED, it's the perfect time to ask if there is any chance you fix the cockpit switch interactions which are inconsistent and confusing on this otherwise wonderful module. Either on the new model, or on both, which would be fair.

That's a fantastic idea! Please make it consistent. I don't know how many times i turned off the IFFCC again after the BIT just because i right clicked on that switch :doh:

• 1 month later...

More than one month, and no reply from the team. A bit disappointed but not surprised, on my side I have reservations on the new A-10C then, since I have no idea whether those problems are taken into account. It's likely not the case but who knows...

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• ED Team

Sorry for overlooking the thread, we do get very busy and miss posts occasionally, we do have the mouse logic issues reported, I will add your thread to the report.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, but I think there is a misunderstanding. This bug had already been reported more than 4 years ago, and the fix provided (via Derelor, who also pinged it several times in the dev's bug tracking).

So this bug must have been visible to the devs for a very long time. What I would like to understand is why they refused to integrate the patch, does ED prefer to keep it that way, or do they fear that changing now would cause an issue? And more importantly, do they want to keep back-compatibility with these incoherencies of the cockpit-mouse interactions with the new A-10C II?

It was a surprise when I bought the 1st, I prefer not to have the same surprise if I buy the 2nd version (especially given the bad experience by trying to fix it).

Not having any feedback despite asking repeatedly for 4 years is just rude, and I don't mean to me, but to all the users who have to update and re-install the patch manually every time.

• ED Team
Thanks, but I think there is a misunderstanding. This bug had already been reported more than 4 years ago, and the fix provided (via Derelor, who also pinged it several times in the dev's bug tracking).

So this bug must have been visible to the devs for a very long time. What I would like to understand is why they refused to integrate the patch, does ED prefer to keep it that way, or do they fear that changing now would cause an issue? And more importantly, do they want to keep back-compatibility with these incoherencies of the cockpit-mouse interactions with the new A-10C II?

It was a surprise when I bought the 1st, I prefer not to have the same surprise if I buy the 2nd version (especially given the bad experience by trying to fix it).

Not having any feedback despite asking repeatedly for 4 years is just rude, and I don't mean to me, but to all the users who have to update and re-install the patch manually every time.

Some bugs or in this case an improvement report are low priority, sometimes they do get overlooked. But as mentioned I have added this thread to the report.

I can not promise anything, I am speaking with the dev about it and have highlighted your concerns, that is all I can do at the moment.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone knows whether the same bug is in the new A-10C II too, could you please let me know?

I assume they took the same cockpit Lua file and that it's there too.

If anyone knows whether the same bug is in the new A-10C II too, could you please let me know?

I assume they took the same cockpit Lua file and that it's there too.

1. As I can see thye completly changed lua files and command syntax.

2. Your mod still works, so it's backward compatible, but...

2a. Your mod is unusable, because they added to A-10C II HMCS, which have it's own power switch and with your mode it's non operatable. This switch has been added in last line of lua so I copied it to yours and it works, but I imagine 90% people using mods can't do that

And finaly 4. answering your quiestion - they corrected SOME switches, but not all. Selection dials (libe under CDU, CMSP) are not looped now, but 3-position switches (position lights, landing lights, AHCP IFFCC) are still looped).

• Like 1

1. As I can see thye completly changed lua files and command syntax.

2. Your mod still works, so it's backward compatible, but...

2a. Your mod is unusable, because they added to A-10C II HMCS, which have it's own power switch and with your mode it's non operatable. This switch has been added in last line of lua so I copied it to yours and it works, but I imagine 90% people using mods can't do that

And finaly 4. answering your quiestion - they corrected SOME switches, but not all. Selection dials (libe under CDU, CMSP) are not looped now, but 3-position switches (position lights, landing lights, AHCP IFFCC) are still looped).

Thanks for the info!

I suppose it's possible to merge the fix with the new Lua file. But if the switches are still half a mess, I suppose the intent is to keep them that way, or it's not a priority and they'll do something about that in a few years, who knows. Either way, it's doing the patch all over again and maintaining it after each update, hoping it won't be necessary in the end. I've tried once and I know where it's leading...

For now I'll focus on the other aircraft then.

• 8 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 12:23 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Some bugs or in this case an improvement report are low priority, sometimes they do get overlooked. But as mentioned I have added this thread to the report.

I can not promise anything, I am speaking with the dev about it and have highlighted your concerns, that is all I can do at the moment.

thanks

I've heard from another player who bought the A-10C v2 that the same bugs have been kept in the new module (I'm glad I didn't buy it).

So it's clear ED is making a point of not fixing it, without even saying why.

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Redglyph said:

I've heard from another player who bought the A-10C v2 that the same bugs have been kept in the new module (I'm glad I didn't buy it).

So it's clear ED is making a point of not fixing it, without even saying why.

Issues get reported, they get fixed, some take longer. 

If you dont want to buy that is your choice. 

thanks for the feedback

• Like 2