Cost of upgrading A10C

FW190

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea about any of the technicalities but I do know ED has always done us right, they have never scammed me on any of the modules even when 3rd party that created the module had big problems, I am sure ED will take care of me and continue to do business with the highest regard to customer service I have learned to expect so I guess it's Don't Worry, Be happy...lets go flying :)

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

ED has always done us right, they have never scammed me on any of the modules even when 3rd party that created the module

From reading your statement I can only assume you've never spent $10 on a DLC campaign...only for the next update to immediately break it becasue of taxi/AI/trigger/scripting problems :)

Airbag_signatur.png

I assume, based on no knowledge at all :), that the new A-10C II will not be build up/developed from scratch, but will be a further development from the current (old) A-10C module.

In that case it would only really be fair to to give current A-10C owners a serious discount.

I trust ED to match the A-10C II price to the amount of work invested into it by them.

If upgrading the old module takes them the same time as creating a new module, I don't see why they should not ask full price (I would be highly surprised if it would, but I'd probably end up buying anyway)

(new customers, that don't own the current A-10C version, should obviously pay for the full module price)

The whole module obviosuly not from scratch IMO, but the 3D cockpit model seems to me it is from scratch.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I just love how my Tesla continues to update for free

Never mind those thermal runaway battery fires, and those pesky door handles that don't deploy on major accidents preventing folks from getting to you . . . especially when a Telsa is on fire.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
clarification

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Never mind those thermal runaway battery fires, and those pesky door handles that don't deploy on major accidents preventing folks from getting to you . . . especially when a Telsa is on fire.

Right... Because ICE vehicles never catch fire and people never get stuck in them...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Right... Because ICE vehicles never catch fire and people never get stuck in them...

Hey sorry, was just a little swipe, same as Kaboom took at DCS, didn't mean to get you upset. I mean, we can all take a dig at a company at some point right??

JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

From reading your statement I can only assume you've never spent $10 on a DLC campaign...only for the next update to immediately break it becasue of taxi/AI/trigger/scripting problems :)

I'm with you on this one Jason.

Already paid for the plane once. Not paying for it again. If they want to make additional features available at a reasonable cost then fine, but I can't say I would entertain the idea of spending more than $10-20 on an upgrade for a $40-50 module. I can't speculate at this point on how much they will ask for the upgrade, but I can say, in my opinion, each plane module being $80, maps $50, Campaigns $10-20, Assets $20-40, $, $, $, $, $, $, $ is making me kind of annoyed at this company's pricing model. That coupled with the purchases I've made and countless "rewards" that were stripped every year. I couldn't use them on products that already had a discount. Products being discontinued and not supported like the HAWK... This company's decisions have repeatedly left a sour taste in my mouth. We open the door on this one for the "II" label and a helmet and radio... I wouldn't be surprised if it's the F-18 or some other plane next.

Is it all bad? No it's not. For the most part DCS and ED are going in the right direction, but they could be doing better. A lot better.

How about investing in your brand growth and giving back to the community?

There's plenty of opportunity out there for it. The community A-4-E mod for example. Take that bad boy on and make it free to the community like the SU-25. The Thunderbolt "II" and this module. Bundling a map with a plane purchase every once in a while. There are so many things you can do PR wise and branding, but it all gets overlooked. When you stop caring about your brand, so does everyone else. What do you think got us here? I don't want to confuse that with caring about your coworkers or all the work you do, but instead your brand's reputation. Now is the time to capitalize on an opportunity.

I would ask you to stop and think is growth stagnant? Why? How do you expect to grow moving forward?

If your answer is offering more paid content... You'd be wrong.

Want more? Grow your brand not your wallet.

This doesn't mean give everything away, but engage with the community, listen, and start thinking about the business from the consumer's point of view.

Hopefully you read this, and engage.

All of us want to see you successful.

• ED Team

Nothing is 100% set in stone yet, but the plan for the update will be something along the lines of this.

Current A-10C users can upgrade or not.

If they don't upgrade, nothing changes, and there install looks the same. (although I imagine the new A-10C II will show in the ME for mission creation, but you will need to upgrade to fly)

If you do upgrade, the cost will be at a discount of full module price. Not determined yet. You will then have 2 different A-10C options in your install.

If you don't own the original A-10C, it will become a legacy product and no longer be sold, instead the new updated version will be sold instead, which will include both version and possible an adjusted price as well. Not determined yet.

Again, this is all subject to change right now. But nobody will be forced into anything.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
I'm with you on this one Jason.

Already paid for the plane once. Not paying for it again. If they want to make additional features available at a reasonable cost then fine, but I can't say I would entertain the idea of spending more than $10-20 on an upgrade for a $40-50 module. I can't speculate at this point on how much they will ask for the upgrade, but I can say, in my opinion, each plane module being $80, maps $50, Campaigns $10-20, Assets $20-40, $, $, $, $, $, $, $ is making me kind of annoyed at this company's pricing model. That coupled with the purchases I've made and countless "rewards" that were stripped every year. I couldn't use them on products that already had a discount. Products being discontinued and not supported like the HAWK... This company's decisions have repeatedly left a sour taste in my mouth. We open the door on this one for the "II" label and a helmet and radio... I wouldn't be surprised if it's the F-18 or some other plane next.

Is it all bad? No it's not. For the most part DCS and ED are going in the right direction, but they could be doing better. A lot better.

How about investing in your brand growth and giving back to the community?

There's plenty of opportunity out there for it. The community A-4-E mod for example. Take that bad boy on and make it free to the community like the SU-25. The Thunderbolt "II" and this module. Bundling a map with a plane purchase every once in a while. There are so many things you can do PR wise and branding, but it all gets overlooked. When you stop caring about your brand, so does everyone else. What do you think got us here? I don't want to confuse that with caring about your coworkers or all the work you do, but instead your brand's reputation. Now is the time to capitalize on an opportunity.

I would ask you to stop and think is growth stagnant? Why? How do you expect to grow moving forward?

If your answer is offering more paid content... You'd be wrong.

Want more? Grow your brand not your wallet.

This doesn't mean give everything away, but engage with the community, listen, and start thinking about the business from the consumer's point of view.

Hopefully you read this, and engage.

All of us want to see you successful.

1st point, yes you already paid for the module, and that's it, you need do nothing else. You can live happily ever after and not lose a thing you paid for. In fact you have already gained on the module as you received the free cockpit model and texture updates.

2nd point, yes we make you pay for stuff, but you also get stuff for free, the announced DC engine, free, the new renderer in the works, free, countless cockpit model and texture updates, free, new units added to the core, free, etc. The Hawk was something we never ever wanted to happen, and if we could have maintained it, we would have, we were not given the source code, and we were left holding an empty bag, but lets not dredge that up again.

3rd point, We do bundles all the time. The A-4 is a mod created by the a separate team, what makes your think we could absorb another module and not have it hurt the current workload, and while it would be nice to say that the current team building it would keep it up, I assume they are not confident in that, or would have made a move for 3rd party status already.

4th point, well I think I already answered that, you are looking at only a sample of what we offer, and only the paid parts. We do have to maintain enough income to fund DCS. So I am really not sure you thought through this whole post. Charging for some of our products is not in anyways neglecting our brand or forgetting about PR.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nothing is 100% set in stone yet, but the plan for the update will be something along the lines of this.

If they don't upgrade, nothing changes, and there install looks the same. (although I imagine the new A-10C II will show in the ME for mission creation, but you will need to upgrade to fly)

If you do upgrade, the cost will be at a discount of full module price. Not determined yet. You will then have 2 different A-10C options in your install.

If you don't own the original A-10C, it will become a legacy product and no longer be sold, instead the new updated version will be sold instead, which will include both version and possible an adjusted price as well. Not determined yet.

Again, this is all subject to change right now. But nobody will be forced into anything.

Well, the big question is... if we don't upgrade, will the legacy A10C still be maintained? For example, if the change in the core breaks some things in the legacy A10C, will it be patched?

1st point, yes you already paid for the module, and that's it, you need do nothing else. You can live happily ever after and not lose a thing you paid for. In fact you have already gained on the module as you received the free cockpit model and texture updates.

2nd point, yes we make you pay for stuff, but you also get stuff for free, the announced DC engine, free, the new renderer in the works, free, countless cockpit model and texture updates, free, new units added to the core, free, etc. The Hawk was something we never ever wanted to happen, and if we could have maintained it, we would have, we were not given the source code, and we were left holding an empty bag, but lets not dredge that up again.

3rd point, We do bundles all the time. The A-4 is a mod created by the a separate team, what makes your think we could absorb another module and not have it hurt the current workload, and while it would be nice to say that the current team building it would keep it up, I assume they are not confident in that, or would have made a move for 3rd party status already.

4th point, well I think I already answered that, you are looking at only a sample of what we offer, and only the paid parts. We do have to maintain enough income to fund DCS. So I am really not sure you thought through this whole post. Charging for some of our products is not in anyways neglecting our brand or forgetting about PR.

This response. The response of a vested owner, operator, employee, enthusiast. Realities of business change for no company. No profit, no company.

This is the response of someone who wants both the end user community and the business to thrive, grow evolve.

No one is getting shortchanged on the original A-10C. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is drama over what? $60.00 potentially for a full buy in? $30.00 for an upgrade??

As long as I see folks of ED/DCS working the way they are now, with the rate of development going on, and scope of what they are creating, they will get my money.

All sounds good to me, wallet will be ready.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

If it's handled like the supercarrier was for owners of the F-18, you will be able to pick it up quite cheap with a double discount when it goes into pre-release. SC cost me ~$20 IIRC. (I paid so little for it that I don't really recall the exact amount, it was so trivial).

Given the upgrades, I won't mind spending a small amount to get it. Even at full price, it's about what I would spend just to take the wife out to dinner and a movie for one night's entertainment, often less. Given how many years now that I have been able to enjoy the original module it has come out to much less than a penny a day. Even adding in the upgrade cost it remains under 1 cent. That's a pretty good price in my book.

This response. The response of a vested owner, operator, employee, enthusiast. Realities of business change for no company. No profit, no company.

This is the response of someone who wants both the end user community and the business to thrive, grow evolve.

No one is getting shortchanged on the original A-10C. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is drama over what? $60.00 potentially for a full buy in? $30.00 for an upgrade??

As long as I see folks of ED/DCS working the way they are now, with the rate of development going on, and scope of what they are creating, they will get my money.

If you're responding to my question, then you missed the point. It is not "Am I too cheap to spend 30 bucks?". Yes I will probably upgrade too.

Point is that they can't claim "Nothing will change" if they leave the legacy in broken state. Which means they have to upkeep the legacy by offering "Nothing will change"

Edited by Taz1004

If you're responding to my question, then you missed the point. It is not "Am I too cheap to spend 30 bucks?". Yes I will probably upgrade too.

Point is that they can't claim "Nothing will change" if they leave the legacy in broken state. Which means they have to upkeep the legacy by offering "Nothing will change"

Nope, otherwise I would have responded to you.

But since you are stating "they will leave legacy in a broken state" - I am asking why would that be? What makes you think that will happen?

What is broken? I mean I guess I need to understand what you think broken is.