Cost of upgrading A10C

FW190

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg I wish I could explain to you all how lucky we are to see this stuff in our life time. In VR it is... beyond words. The effort that this stuff took to make and for two pints of beer... ED are such good people to us.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

thanks 10 usd is bargain. normally i wasn't planning to buy it bu now i sure will

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Great price. I may have missed it somewhere but are all of the SP campaigns I purchased for the A10 going to be compatible with the new module?

A few answers here may interest you :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286066

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

for 3rd party sp campaigns it's ok it is up to creator. but what about default ones?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

$10, thanks ED.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I dont think USD10,00 is a bargaing....its a fair price to update what you have already bought. also in my country 6,00 BRL = USD 1,00...not cheap.

If Ed had forced you to buy this one in order to be able to keep playing with old a10c, then you would have been right.

Plus, in my country, usd and eur is going up like a rocket. But this doesn't change the fact that 10 is is a bargain

Youtube

@Buzzu I dont...just dont think is cheap as I mentioned.

Think of it as the amount of hours they put into A-10c ll. Stand alone it's an $80 module now. I only paid $40 for the A-10C in 2017. So, i'm still ahead of someone buying the A-10c ll now.

Buzz

$13 CDN? Great deal, very smart move by ED. I would think every single person that bought the A10C will upgrade for that price, which was probably the plan. I paid $26 CDN for the A10C when it was still cheap...so less than $40 for both...can't complain.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Lets be clear, this is the same cost as a 24 ounce cup of sugary Frap Crap at (rhymes with) FiveBucks.

You really shouldn't go out there and play for such massively overpriced things that you could make at home for probably half a buck. Especially during pandemics icon_redface.gif

Bad call, ED.

I'd have paid full price. And at 40$ it would have been a steal. 10 bucks? That's a complete no-brainer. biggrin.gif

Just buy 4-8 and make a giveaway, that way you could beat two flies with a single clap.

Right Windows key + Home wink.gif

C'mon. I'm not going to remap that. And yes, I removed the mapping because back then I was accidently hitting it far too often when I tried to hit RAlt + Home instead.

By the way, while we're at it: Will we finally get 2/3-way switch mappings for the Hog so we can actually use the idle detent of the TMWH to do that? I know there's the premade default mapping for that, but I do use a profile and don't want to constantly switch it, so I'd very much appreciate to be able to map it myself. I mean, it works in the Hornet and Viper right off the bat, but I have to map 2 things in the Hog... icon_question.gif

Don't blame ED for Brazil's economy. $10 is cheap.

Well the last time I was "employed" (or shall I rather say "assigned", since noone is willing to employ me by themselves due to my health deterioration?), I had to work for 10 owas to get that in realtively rich Germany, which totally sucks. Can't blame ED for that either, but since that's long gone in the past and life is hard, I'll have to cry in empty wallet icon_cry.gif

But thankfully there's an easy solution for me at least for now. Shaddap an' take mah marles! ajmug.png

rdlaugh.png

Where is my warning horn gone!?!?

From valued feedback of a real life A-10C pilot and huge DCS World fan, we have determined that the horn was never operating as it should. It should only sound during tests, and during activation of the gear handle. All other emergencies are only shown by the Master Caution light, no horn.

What about the missing thrust?

As above, the same valued feedback was given, and we determined that there were no issues with thrust, but issues with when wing stall and buffet was experienced. We have now tuned this, and the A-10C is performing much better than it ever has. These changes should be seen across all A-10s in the game.

I take it that the nasty beeper that goes off at literally every step on shutdown and at some on startup finally is gone with the update? Praised be the Royal Sisters! That thing was and still is so annoying!

I really hope though that the top speed will be looked at, so it'd be either drag or thrust. Habu and others have pointed out the thing's being too slow often enough. Last time I tried a few days ago I was able to reach somewhere between 350 and 355 kts on the deck with a clean airframe and just around 800lb of fuel left. I read 381 and similar numbers literally everywhere though. That'd be 7.3% - 8.6% more... dealwithit.png

But I'm totally looking forward to the changes! twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

10$ = 8.44€

Day one!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

10$ is a bargain. Twice that would still be cheap. Almost sounds like ED does not want to earn on it with these prices.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I think if you have one of these you should get it for free. ;) :music_whistling:

:pilotfly: :thumbup:

I got one of those to. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog