ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

If you can find a model of the Saam and Kaman class ships for Iran i would gladly create them but i don't see too many irainian models out there.. I see some of Turbosquid but their costly.

I have all three of the ships below. Earlier this year i was playing with the pegasus Class craft. It works very well.  I have been working on the knox class for a while now. I was stationed aboard the USS Bowen -FF-1079. I can create the La Combattante II class ship in a day if you would like it. It's a small craft. Not a lot of work. 

I've already started working the Spruance Class so i will be done with it soon. Not sure if it make X-MAS though.

I can start the new year off creating a knox class and CG 26 Belknap Class cruiser. Their both are pretty much complete. Just need to complete them.  The Cruiser is actually already in DCS.. i've been testing the missiles on it. 

Belknap Cruiser.JPG

Knox Class.JPG

La Combattante II class ship.JPG

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 6

Man.... I gotta say that I really can't wait to use that cruiser in my upcoming "Athus Campaign" as the BluFor Flagship. I honestly wonder if you could convince ED to let you make a 'Naval Pack' similar to the China Asset Pack. It's be especially useful when the Marianas Map drops.

By the way, do you have any plans for any Carriers?

Edited by Tank50us

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

No plans for a carrier at the moment. I keep hearing RAZBAM will create the Forrestal.  I do have a LHD that i may create.. Just don't have time. I try to create models in between work and family. Hard to do sometimes. 

Heatbur
https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/posts/the-mighty-cv-59-heatblur-forrestal-class-carrier-leaves-drydock-for-the-first-t/937653169755635/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Officially: HeatBlur is making the Forrestal class carrier, RAZBAM is mostly making amphibious ships & small carriers that the harrier can take off and land from like Invincible, Ocean, Hermes, Wasp, Tarawa, & Guam. Miltech showed they were making an Essex class for the F4U-1D Corsair but there has been no update on that.

Scuttlebutt: I heard a small bit about the Enterprise being added to DCS once the Marianas Map comes out, both CV-6 & CVN-65. But this is just a rumor, and I would take it with a grain of salt.

Mods: There are some aircraft carrier mods out there, one is the Charles de Gaulle which is not bad. Another is Joey45 1981 HMS Hermes. There is one being worked on, HMAS Melbourne but the Modder wants to wait until the community A-4E-C releases their EFM. I did find one more carrier the Sao Paulo, looks very nice but badly needs a refit, had to do some troubleshooting to get it to work and once I did you could see it needed some updating both code & the model to bring it to the latest version of DCS. With the F-8J Crusader coming out and the A-4E-C been out for a good while, the Sao Paulo (Ex-Clemenceau-class) would make a good addition to DCS.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:11 PM, Admiral189 said:

No plans for a carrier at the moment. I keep hearing RAZBAM will create the Forrestal.  I do have a LHD that i may create.. Just don't have time. I try to create models in between work and family. Hard to do sometimes. 

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.12.19 - 01.46.18.27.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.12.19 - 01.46.18.27.jpg

Edited by navyBtown
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I can start the new year off creating a knox class and CG 26 Belknap Class cruiser. Their both are pretty much complete. Just need to complete them.  The Cruiser is actually already in DCS.. i've been testing the missiles on it. 

Belknap Cruiser.JPG

Knox Class.JPG

La Combattante II class ship.JPG

Hmm, the Belknap & the Knox models look familiar to me; they look like the ones from the game Cold Waters.

2 hours ago, navyBtown said:

Hmm, the Belknap & the Knox models look familiar to me; they look like the ones from the game Cold Waters.

He may be using them for visual reference. It's something I've done from time to time. It helps to have something you can spin around to get a decent idea of what something is supposed to look like vs going off of a 2D Blueprint

Hey Navy that looks really good. The key is getting it in the game. Its all down hill from there.. The coding for carriers is a lot work. More so for the lights. The animations shouldn't be too bad.  Who created it?  

I got the knox and belknap from Turbosquid. When it comes to models FSX has a ton of ships, planes and helicopters... They are great for practice modeling. I have a lot of those.. 

Tomorrow i will add some pics of the carriers i have.. 

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Navy that looks really good. The key is getting it in the game. Its all down hill from there.. The coding for carriers is a lot work. More so for the lights. The animations shouldn't be too bad.  Who created it?  

I got the knox and belknap from Turbosquid. When it comes to models FSX has a ton of ships, planes and helicopters... They are great for practice modeling. I have a lot of those.. 

Tomorrow i will add some pics of the carriers i have.. 

I don't know much about the mod, I know its about one or two years old and the modder was Hawkeye. I'll send you more details on it in discord.

Thanks, all textures are there but i think it's two layers that's making that weird in and out look. Also, in modelviewer the textures doesn't really appear but they do in game.

Otherwise does it function as it should? I will make an update to the textures.. No worries! 

Edited by Admiral189