ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

nevermind you made one already called oak complete thank you for think about this in advance before I knew about it. 😄

oh wait It wasn't the complete version just 1 ship? where are all the other files

am I misunderstanding this?

Hey Chompsky i'm updating the Oak Hill so when i finish I provide the Full model.. I will test the model i'm currently using and i will post it.. I made a couple versions.. One model with the LCAC and without the LCAC in the welldeck. 

I'm currently working backwards on a few models now... Trying to give the LCU a few rust features.. Photoshop is becoming my best modeling friend!😄

1627-WIP.jpg

• Like 4

thats nice havent used photoshop since I dont model but that sounds fun but very difficult anyways I hope you can make a link where you will post all your mods together in one download so I don't have to download them one by one once you have finished with that.

Well, that new LCU looks real nice ! 😜

Thanks Admiral.

To Chompsky : Admiral is the expert here, but I believe that putting all his 20 ships (and more to come) in just one single archive is not possible, considering its potential total size. 🤔

The links are all listed on the 1st page of this thread, anyway. 😋

Huge and excellent work ! 👏

Fly low, sail fast...

• Like 2

Hi Admiral....

a while ago I noted that the "Tampa"-Model (Coast Guard Ship) was too deep in the water. I just realized that its just the texture. Guess the CVs are kind of messed up. That's why the text on the ship is in the wrong place and dives in too deep.  Not sure if anyone can fix it. Unfortunately...although  I'm good at 3D modelling, I'm really somewhat dumb when it comes to texturing. 

Thank you for your great work Admiral!!!

Tampa01.jpg

Tampa02.jpg

Thanks O_Edge! Not sure why that's like that. Mine doesn't appear like that! 

On this model. Each side has it's on texture. That's how the original modeler made it. It's also a pretty old model but either way i will upload the corrected one. 

Thanks Toan! The main reason i don't do that Chompsky is because i'm always creating updates to the models and plus everyone doesn't play with all the models. 

I will uploading the updated LCU sometime today.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Admiral189:

Thanks O_Edge! Not sure why that's like that. Mine doesn't appear like that! 

On this model. Each side has it's on texture. That's how the original modeler made it. It's also a pretty old model but either way i will upload the corrected one. 

Thanks Toan! The main reason i don't do that Chompsky is because i'm always creating updates to the models and plus everyone doesn't play with all the models. 

I will uploading the updated LCU sometime today.

You're very welcome Admiral. Btw... As I mentioned I'm quite good with 3D Max and Maya. Just started looking at Blender. I'm as well really good with photoshop (concept art, textures, weathering, matte paintings and such...).  So if you need some support one day, I would be very happy to help in these fields. Maybe you can give me a little help getting into blender: I mainly installed blender to use the edm exporter, part of my journey to learn how to mod for dcs. But I struggle a bit.

Anyway, thanks again for your great work and the super fast update 🙂

• Like 1

Hey guys i have released LCU-1627 version 1.0.2. Page 1 #7

Nothing special added just updated the textures and Nav lights. 

Next in line is the USS Constellation FFGX-62.. I will be releasing mode ships in between creating the USS America LHA-6

Screen-210613-165954.png

• Thanks 2

Admiral, 

Thanks for the new updated textures for the LCU 1627.  They are excellent.  Could you update the collision model so we can add static objects to transport.  These tanks kind of sank into the LCU.

Many thanks for your work.

RustyGunner

LCU_1.jpg

LCU_2.jpg

So the culprit was the collision model script input so i added a new LCU.Lua script.  So below is the updated collision model.edm and new lua script. Please replace existing collision model and lua. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b83vuk6m4uamgs/LCU Collision Update 1.0.2.zip?dl=0

Screen-210614-164634.png

Also wanted to give you guys a sneak peak of the behemoth!! USS America LHA-6.  This was a test to see if i could get her in-game. Time to get to work!!

Screen-210614-164723.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Also wanted to give you guys a sneak peak of the behemoth!! USS America LHA-6.  This was a test to see if i could get her in-game. Time to get to work!!

Screen-210614-164723.png

This is looking great already, I'm really looking forward to seeing her weigh anchor. Thanks for all of these ships, Admiral!

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals