ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

From what I understand Tarawa now has both of the systems working so you might find how it works on the code.

The guys that made the L-61 I think also figured out how to do it if memory serves me correctly, if there's no luck with the code on the Tarawa you could try and contact them.

Also beautiful pictures very glad to hear that the sea trials have begun 🙂

Thanks Al & Joey,

I will take a look at  the Tarawa today. If i can't figure it out then i will reach out for assistance. The deck lighting will be easy. I will try to complete that this weekend. The landing lights will probably be the only thing that holds the model up from releasing. Last night two AI harriers landed successfully and parked as they should. 

Mmargues, i have the russians models but not sure if i can release them on DCS or not. I have some other ideas for russians ships i have seen. So stay tuned!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

The landing lights will probably be the only thing that holds the model up from releasing.

The landing / recovery lights just need to be animated (in the edm model) with an argument that ties to the proper code in the lua. IFLOLS is same, but a bit more work to animate.

The NAV, LAUNCH, and RECOVERY lighting arguments are all in the following lua line:

GT.carrierIlluminationStates = { YOUR ARGUMENTS HERE }

and all the IFLOLS animation arguments (meatball, cutlights, etc.) are in this line:

GT.OLS = { YOUR ARGUMENTS HERE}

you can find examples in the various carrier lua entries. If doing a meatball, I suggest playing with a working example in modelviewer to determine the animation levels that tie to each state of the ball, so that you animate your 3d model correctly

Edited by prccowboy

Thanks PRC! I've reached out to someone for assistance as well. 

I did see the code below in the Tarawa lua. I noticed right above those lights there's four green lights when the aircraft are on deck about to launch but there off when no aircraft are on deck.

Do you know which lights are the Cutlights, datum and meatball? I've been trying to research it. I can easily add the argument for them if i know which color is which.  Thanks.

GT.ICLS                        = true;
GT.ICLS_Localizer_position    = {-153.0, 12.0, 9.4, 189.0}    -- {x [m], y [m], z [m], yaw [deg]}
GT.ICLS_Glideslope_position    = {-79.0, 26.5, 32.7, 3.5}    -- {x [m], y [m], z [m], glideslope = 3.5 [deg]}
GT.OLS = {
    Type = GT_t.OLS_TYPE.IFLOLS, 
    CutLightsArg = 404, 
    DatumAndWaveOffLightsArg = 405, 
    MeatBallArg = 151, 
    GlideslopeBasicAngle = 3.5, 
    VerticalCoverageAngle = 1.7
}

Screen-210626-102619.png

Screen-210626-142333.png

Screen-210626-101609.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks PRC! I've reached out to someone for assistance as well. 

Do you know which lights are the Cutlights, datum and meatball?

see: IFLOS Lighting - Optical landing system - Wikipedia

The problem is that they aren't all simple on/off arguments. The meatball is animated to turn on and move through the vertical track with the position corresponding to a specific number in the argument. So, you will need to animate the on/off render and the vertical motion. Also if I recall correctly, the cut lights and datum lights have different animation states (ex: cut lights should turn on when the argument = 99 ?) and the wave-off lights I think are tied to the meatball (or datum) argument. I made a few custom carrier models months ago and I don't remember off-hand the exact values that I used when animating the iFLOLS.  That's why I suggested watching the lights in modelviewer for another carrier and changing the animation arguments to see when the different lights should activate.

Edited by prccowboy

The site has been like that for a while now with everyone's images, sometimes they show up, often they don't. I had trouble posting images a while ago, the site would take the image but all I could see was a flashing white page, and I often get that with other peoples images as well. No idea what the problem is, but your not alone. 👽

I blame aliens.   

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:00 PM, Admiral189 said:

Thanks Al & Joey,

I will take a look at  the Tarawa today. If i can't figure it out then i will reach out for assistance. The deck lighting will be easy. I will try to complete that this weekend. The landing lights will probably be the only thing that holds the model up from releasing. Last night two AI harriers landed successfully and parked as they should. 

Mmargues, i have the russians models but not sure if i can release them on DCS or not. I have some other ideas for russians ships i have seen. So stay tuned!!

Would this be because of model licencing or because of actual russian laws?

Just wondering, I know russians get a little picky with this stuff sometimes 🙂

Good Morning Guys!

Almost sure the Administrators are removing the photos!! Either because of file type or file size. However, no one has reach out to me about it.

I will find another site to share the photos to see what happens. I was also thinking of creating my own site to share the models and photos! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imgur. Create an account, create a new "post" and make sure it's set to private. When your pics upload just right click and say copy image URL.

Paste it in here and hit *enter* and the forum will auto-format.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Thanks Lance,

I already have an account and sometimes i do you use. Maybe i need to use it always. So lets try it.!  So i uploaded a couple images from Imgur!! 

The progress has been really slow. not enough time to work on her. I have started adding some lights in the location where the line up lights will be located. 

I have asked about how to create the lineup lights but i haven't heard anything back so i will do my best to use the information i did receive and try to create them myself.  So please have some patience! She is coming along well so far!

WEy2v8m.png

jDBgpEi.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 2

Thanks CWW! We appreciate it.  I just tested a few ships in Apra Harbor and unfortunately the harbor channel and inner is too shallow. It has been reported. 

My goal is fill the harbor with ships!! Hopefully they will correct the channel depths soon.

7mWOqoL.png

lbFs8XP.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks CWW! We appreciate it.  I just tested a few ships in Apra Harbor and unfortunately the harbor channel and inner is too shallow. It has been reported. 

My goal is fill the harbor with ships!! Hopefully they will correct the channel depths soon.

7mWOqoL.png

lbFs8XP.png

Oh, my what is that I see in the back ground, is that a shape of a Blueridge I see!

Good spot, looks like USS Mount Whitney LCC-20. That's a nice surprise.

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals