ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

There's no submarines yet Anoos. The ship is a Submarine Tender. These ships are mainly used mostly to provide maintenance to the submarines while in-port. I will be creating a static submarine to go alongside the ship to make her seem more realistic.  Lots more to come.  She will not have torpedoes but I will add Tomahawk cruise missiles and Harpoons as weapons..  

t5fo8aX.jpg

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, anooos said:

NIce Job Admiral!!!. Thank you for your hard work. Where did the subs come from? if you don't mind me asking.

I got the subs some time ago but to be true there really not that great looking, only one of them (Narwhal SSN-761) looks decent. I was hoping to change them out when ED puts out something, but it looks like @Admiral189 is going to try his hand on being a bubblehead, haha.

S1.jpgHi Admiral,

Many thanks for this new Mod that brings a supplementary touch of realism to the naval aspects of DCS ! 😀

Below, the USS Ohio, SSGN-726, and 093 SSN are ready for high seas supply operations with the USS Emory S. Land.

Navy tugboats are ready to support the manoeuver.

Great job Admiral. 👏

The USS Ohio is a Mod from the outdated  (2019) NAVAL_MOD_COLLECTION.zip archive, found here :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3304473/

Screen.jpg

Screen_210927s.jpg

Screen_210927_154903.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, navyBtown said:

I got the subs some time ago but to be true there really not that great looking, only one of them (Narwhal SSN-761) looks decent. I was hoping to change them out when ED puts out something, but it looks like @Admiral189 is going to try his hand on being a bubblehead, haha.

Hi NavyBtown,

Is it possible to know where you downloaded that Narwhal SSN-761 sub, and maybe others ?

Thanks,

Toan

Edited by toan

13 minutes ago, navyBtown said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they did that. I'm right now making changes to the Narwhal file & Lua file to clean it up.

The included wiki page corresponds to a 1937 sub, so I guess there is some naming confusion with a previous WWII sub with the same name.

Thanks for the Mod update.

If you could share it, it would be great.

Thanks

Thanks Guys!

Robert the USNS does a collision model. Do you not see one in the Shapes folder? If not i can upload it here. I do have a better Oiler coming so and i will be releasing it soon!!

The sub will be sailable.. It's small challenge for me to get it to auto submerge but i will try to work on it again. One thing i did notice the subs can be manually submerged!!

I still have all the older submarines as well.  Just before version 2.7 the submarine i worked on was operational and then came the update.. 

Toan, the photos looks great. I hoping to add one more to your collection this week..

ydJH2ZG.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/26/2021 at 6:15 PM, Admiral189 said:

There's no submarines yet Anoos. The ship is a Submarine Tender. These ships are mainly used mostly to provide maintenance to the submarines while in-port. I will be creating a static submarine to go alongside the ship to make her seem more realistic.  Lots more to come.  She will not have torpedoes but I will add Tomahawk cruise missiles and Harpoons as weapons..  

t5fo8aX.jpg

Shame we can't add weapons to DCS without the SDK. The Mk48, Mk50, and Mk46 Torpedoes would be welcome additions to DCS, especially the 48 which irl can split a ship in half with a single shot.

20 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks Guys!

Robert the USNS does a collision model. Do you not see one in the Shapes folder? If not i can upload it here. I do have a better Oiler coming so and i will be releasing it soon!!

The sub will be sailable.. It's small challenge for me to get it to auto submerge but i will try to work on it again. One thing i did notice the subs can be manually submerged!!

I still have all the older submarines as well.  Just before version 2.7 the submarine i worked on was operational and then came the update.. 

Toan, the photos looks great. I hoping to add one more to your collection this week..

ydJH2ZG.jpg

I do see the collision model in the shapes file, but when I spawn a heli on the deck it falls right through into the ocean, I can't wait for your subs

15 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Did they ever produce a version of that USS Ohio without the crazy floating collision box GHOST sitting about a mile off to Starboard, the one that sails along with the mod !!! 

I dont actually know what that ghost is but it spoils the mod completely. 

Screen_210929_103046.png

Indeed, it seems that this Mod needs cleaning,and refining. 🤔

Could be a nice addition otherwise.

Toan

Your welcome Shrike! 

That Ghost ship above looks the collision model for the mod..

Robert, i'm trying to sort out why the collision isn't working on the Patuxent... It's setup properly but what i did learn... Personal AI that were created fall through the deck. The UH-1 rotors fall apart and i think it's because the pallets on deck..  

Modding News! I have managed to get a couple Subs in game but we had to set them up using the Chinese assets folder.. I haven't been to make it Sep mod yet...

• Like 3

Hello Admiral, may you can take a look at your LCAC cause the rudders are inverted. Don´t know if this was reported before.
Thank you!

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --