ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

5 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

Does anyone know how much work it would be to add the new ship wake effect that's present in the core mods to admirals wonderful mods ? I don't know if it's part of the base model or added via some values in the lua etc.

There is a ship wake file in the shapes folder

Before-

4V2uDub.png

9nweDP3.png

After

C54molq.png

7RvYSCn.png

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

10 hours ago, joey45 said:

There is a ship wake file in the shapes folder

Before-

4V2uDub.png

9nweDP3.png

After

C54molq.png

7RvYSCn.png

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the pointer. How do you install that large ship wake ? Also, what is that aircraft carrier ? Is it downloable somewhere ? Thanks, Toan

Thanks Joey for passing the wake file.

Toni, i don't have the permission to release the Belknap but i will be releasing the Bainbridge and i will have a Virginia Class as well. Progress is a little slow as i'm trying to get my motivation back. You really have to be in the mood to create models! Bainbridge shouldn't take long once i get started as she doesn't have any guns.

Thank you all for your interest in the models i create.

r,Admiral189

0A0z7kp.jpg

• Like 7

Joey45, do you just add the wake shape edm into your ship folder to get it working? or is there a requirement within the lua to point to it?

Interested in applying this to the Leander class frigates I'm working on.. 😛

Disregard, sussed it out, you need the .wake.edm file to be named the same as the ship model class.

Edited by Oban
Found the solution

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Looks cool the Bainbridge Admiral ! like ALL your vessels . Question:  Ive seen  a Gerald Ford CVN78 3d model on Turbosquid for around 400$, its pretty good and accurate. If I buy it and send it to you, could be useful as a mod into DCS ? Or is not well worth ?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 9:14 AM, Marroux said:

Sorry for the noob, should I just copy the TEXUser.zip file from HermesR12 to other texture directory of other ship mods? Or is it the other way around?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hey Toni! 

Sorry that is a massive job to take on alone. It can be done but it will take way too long to create. Your right it is a nice model but too pricey for something that does nothing. It does have a lot of detail though. That would have to be an ED project for sure!

Sorry but I was asking about the ship wake effect file.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The ship_wake files appear to be just text, defining a preset which looks like the model/shader & some dimensions or {0,0} for leaving at default

The file name has to be the same as the lod file with .ship_wake added on the end

for instance for the file audaringclass.lods, your wake definition is audaringclass.lods.ship_wake (in the Shapes directory of your mod)

the file looks like this:

presetId = "ArleighBurke"
shipWakeSize = {107, 12}

this is what I have created for the AU Daring at least as the defaults don't fit

The presetId can be "ArleighBurke" "Molniya" "Nimitz" "HandyWind" "SeawiseGiant" or "Kilo636" from what I can find referenced

From trying out different things the dimensions appear to be {length, width} with {0,0} being defaults, so when it looked wrong I started with {length waterline in m, beam waterline in m} for the Daring  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, joey45 said:

I think I was testing stuff out...

The lock_player_interaction (...) line is at the end of the db_ships.lua file, in the Hermes69/Database folder. Can I delete this line with no side-effect ? Superb Mod ! 😀

Thannks Joey.

Edited by toan

Thank you everyone for figuring out the ship wake addition effect.. i was also able to add it to all the wonderful mods from Admiral.

Now I don't want to spam this thread with general wake discussion, but I feel the dynamic wake we had back in 2.5 or early 2.7 was really good, the new wake is visually pleasing on the bow and stern, but we no longer have wakes and swell on the sides of the vessel, which used to increase and decrease per the speed of the ship. The new wake just looks like a static image in those places.

I understand DCS is predominantly a flight simulator and the focus is how it looks from up above, but I really miss the old dynaMic wakes. Hope ED keeps improving.

I wish ED was starting paying attention to ASW into 2022, lets say AI vehicles, and develop some full module by the end of the year or early 2023. SH-3 Sea King or SH-70 Sea Hawk would be cool, just like the actual AH-64 D . Talking about fixed wing, the S-3 Viking or P-3 Orion module would fit for that role.

But that said, I would kill for a full E-2C/D Hawkeye  multicrew module.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, toan said:

The lock_player_interaction (...) line is at the end of the db_ships.lua file, in the Hermes69/Database folder. Can I delete this line with no side-effect ? Superb Mod ! 😀

Thannks Joey.

Just comment line with two -- line will be desactivated (and will be green vs black in Notepad++) 

=> --lock_player_interaction("CCentaurClass_1969")

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

It's looking for something that isn't there anymore, hence the testing part... It probably won't be there on release.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

17 hours ago, toni said:

I wish ED was starting paying attention to ASW into 2022, lets say AI vehicles, and develop some full module by the end of the year or early 2023. SH-3 Sea King or SH-70 Sea Hawk would be cool, just like the actual AH-64 D . Talking about fixed wing, the S-3 Viking or P-3 Orion module would fit for that role.

But that said, I would kill for a full E-2C/D Hawkeye  multicrew module.

I just want a dumb and useless AI P-8 Poseidon. I don't care if all it does is fly around. I just want that beautiful militarized 737. Only thing we have now is just a skin added to a short 737 which doesn't do it.

• Like 1