ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

i have a question? for some reason after the update with the Apache was released none of my mods seem to work. my install is as follows:  C Drive// Users// My Name // Saved Games // DCS Open Beta // Mods.  I have Tech and aircraft folders for either aircraft or ships but when i put a mod in either of the folders and then load the game and then load into the editor to find them they aren't anywhere to be found. Any thoughts as how to fix?? 

I have the very same issue!

Many mods cause DCS to freeze upon exit.

I need to log out of windows to exit DCS.

Not found a solution yet. Must be something in the new build.

Anyone else having issues?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

This is how I do it.

The task manager also does not work correctly when this happens.

I can only click "log off" to exit.

Not every mod is affected.

DCS shows memory usage in the task window. But no CPU usage.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Penguin625, ghostmike, and Hawkeye60,

I took Admiral's Oak Hill ship out for a spin today (latest OB update) and did not experience any of the problems reported above.  I too do not have the AH-64D BLK.II module but did put an AI AH-64D BLK.II static model on the flight deck.  All worked fine.

RustyGunner

Oak Hill 51.jpg

• Like 2

I've made great progress the last few days. Collision model, Nav and Deck lights are next.. I will also attempt to create a liveries for her.  Haven't tested the weapons yet  but i'm sure they work well. I haven't forgotten about releasing the Navy Tugboats as well. 

2yxQuzn.png

RmQ28xM.png

eKaBfNs.png

• Like 8

Just wanted to chime in I'm also having a problem getting the LCU to show up in the ME unless it's labeled as something very strange. The LCACs worked just fine.

In DCS the old gods are dead and we pray to the new gods RNG and Fate. It's time to toss the dice.

Looks great Toan! Thanks!!

Hey ColonelColt! You may have a mod conflict somewhere. See below! 

Sea Trials are done on the USS SACRAMENTO A0E-1. All the weapons work as they should. I still need to test a flyable helicopter on deck.

I will create the Liveries and add deck & running lights next. 

USS Camden A0E-2, USS SEATTLE AOE-3, USS DETROIT AOE-4, USS SUPPLY AOE-6, USS RAINIER AOE-7, USS ARTIC AOE-8 AND USS BRIDGE AOE-10.

9OxlIuh.png

IENeLhS.png

j6YfoFF.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Looks great Toan! Thanks!!

Hey ColonelColt! You may have a mod conflict somewhere. See below! 

Sea Trials are done on the USS SACRAMENTO A0E-1. All the weapons work as they should. I still need to test a flyable helicopter on deck.

I will create the Liveries and add deck & running lights next. 

USS Camden A0E-2, USS SEATTLE AOE-3, USS DETROIT AOE-4, USS SUPPLY AOE-6, USS RAINIER AOE-7, USS ARTIC AOE-8 AND USS BRIDGE AOE-10.

9OxlIuh.png

IENeLhS.png

j6YfoFF.png

Thanks @Admiral189 for all the hard work I know this has been a hard project for you. One thing how come your adding liveries of the Supply class to this when but class of ship are designed and look different from each other?

On 3/13/2022 at 7:14 PM, upyr1 said:

Thanks, I did not know about these, I was trying the one on the user mods page and they don't work, will use these now 

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

1 hour ago, Ghostrider142 said:

Thanks, I did not know about these, I was trying the one on the user mods page and they don't work, will use these now 

No problem the Iowas are a must have for amphibious ops imho

• Like 1

Hi Admiral,

I'd like to propose an idea. 

As a lot of people have been wondering about getting more carriers (enterprise, Kitty Hawk class, etc) however the level of work for a new carrier must be daunting,  I've been looking at a method of modding the in-game carriers to replicate different classes just by adding static structures.  The attached images show adding a re-skinned static warehouse to the island of the Stennis gives me a (rather poor) imitation of a CV-64 

Is it possible and would you be interested in creating just the carrier island, masts or modded section parts as a static objects that could be placed on the decks to create different classes? I imagine something like making a "hangar" that could go over the existing island or part of it....

Off topic.....note how the deck widths don't match at all.  Reference the forward C2 and space behind it.  Are the DCS ship models scaled correctly?  Maybe the aircraft are scaled wrong...

CV64-1.JPG

CV645.png

• Like 1

Thanks Navy!! Good Point!! Didn't catch that. In that case i will create only a few liveries for the Sacramento Class!  Camden, Seattle and Detroit. I don't even think there's a model of the Supply Class out there.  I noticed they don't have weapons!

Reccelow, i have thought about that. Just creating the object with very little animations but when i look at the model. It's a lot of objects and parts to work with. It can be done though. Also, i couldn't really find a good model of the Kitty or shall i say an Island that's worth creating. 

One thing i learned after creating the America. Carriers are a lot of work. I wanted to create the USS Gerald Ford but it would take many hours to complete. I may still just create it but with minimal animations.  Time is not on my side!

3rOzPUf.jpg

Hhf7A7D.jpg

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 2

@Admiral189 I believe the Sacramento ships were fully commissioned "warships" and had the USS prefix, so they all got weapons and full-Navy crews. The Supply Class got the USNS prefix and were not commissioned as warships, so they got the combination crews and do not have weapons. Looking forward to these ships.

10 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Admiral189 I believe the Sacramento ships were fully commissioned "warships" and had the USS prefix, so they all got weapons and full-Navy crews. The Supply Class got the USNS prefix and were not commissioned as warships, so they got the combination crews and do not have weapons. Looking forward to these ships.

They're a bit of background history on why now the supply class and the rest of the Military Sealift Command ships are not armed but it’s a bit long to explain it. But back when the Supply class was built and put into serves in the 90s, they had two CWIS, one sea sparrow launcher, and some 50 Cals. By the 2000s the US-Navy were restructuring how they want their logistics to be in the future, so all weapons were removed and the ships had their USS changed to USNS when transferred to MSC and the Sacramento class was Decommission.

Edited by navyBtown

Hey @Admiral189 the only animations needed I would think on the USS Gerald Ford are the catapults + weapons and maybe a rotating radome.  Elevators and more are nice but... the difference between an 80% and a 100% solution.

Oh and weapons?

Just come as close as you can.  THANKS!