ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Thank’s for your wonderful work on those boats Admiral189!

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

14 minutes ago, lord-gore said:

I thought there were more i swear i recalled seeing them, Nice Eddie, you legend much appreciated for all your work dude!! (and you Admiral!!)

There are only 6 ships in the Type 45 Class - I didnt do Defender or Daring, if you are desperate I could knock them out in a few days, its just hull numbers and flight deck letters so not a huge job.  Let me know. 

Happy Friday Guys!

I have released the USS Sacramento AOE-1 Supply and the US Navy Tugboat Mods on Page #1 -- #25 & 26.

PLEASE IGNORE THE HULL Textures as they are being UPDATED! I will also make liveries for the Sacramento Class as well. Enjoy!!!!   

kryMKi8.png

3hMkHR5.jpg

oCAmH4q.png

AS9htGU.png

8venmEX.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Admiral189 said:

Happy Friday Guys!

I have released the USS Sacramento AOE-1 Supply and the US Navy Tugboat Mods on Page #1 -- #25 & 26.

PLEASE IGNORE THE HULL Textures as they are being UPDATED! I will also make liveries for the Sacramento Class as well. Enjoy!!!!   

kryMKi8.png

3hMkHR5.jpg

oCAmH4q.png

AS9htGU.png

8venmEX.jpg

Thank you Admiral189 very very nice ships 😍👍👌

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Admiral,

Thanks for the two new additions.   The Sacramento (super looking and detailed) and tug are terrific models.  You have an amazing modeling gift.  Couple of items noted during my initial test run: 1) the Sacramento needs to sit deeper into the water.  Its propeller breaks the surface.  2) the Tug has a broken mast on top.  Not sure if that's a feature or not.  Could be it stuck something while handling ships.  Also, the tug is missing two textures: screw and tug deck.  I corrected both by using the prop_t texture.

Keep up the excellent work.  Your ships are very much appreciated.

RustyGunner

Sac 1.jpg

Tug 1.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, Guys!

Hey Rusty, I laid the mast down like that as we never had it up on the Tugboat I operated. I added the missing textures. They will be in the next update!

Sac sitting lower in the water. I may have to adjust the textures because if I drop her any lower the black waterline disappears. I will play around with her before the update.

I have completed the Sacramento Class Liveries! Still a WIP. Updates coming! 

57kigRh.png

eCZpExR.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow Admiral. Your work never ceases to amaze. Thanks a lot for releasing the tugboat mod that is a personal favourite. Thank you also for the Sacramento, she looks amazing and very detailed from the screenshots. Waiting to try it out and land on deck. 

• Like 1

British Naval Dockyard Tug - Serco ltd (Contracted to all Royal Navy Dockyards)

Adjusted wake to '10' - these fat little workboats create a lot of splash - change this line:

GT.Tail_Width = 10

Adjusted and corrected textures where I could.

Could not change flag - that file (US Flag.dds) is used in numerous other ships Mods and they will take precedent if listed before this Mod in the ME.  Mod makers please note, give every texture a unique name, its the only way to fix this. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k236pxzyb7vry9u/UK Dockyard Tug Serco.zip?dl=0

Screen-220604-143851.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Arrow! I try although i never had any formal training on creating models. I had some great teachers though. I have a model ship for most countries coming to DCS. Japanese, Korean, Neatherlands, UK, Australia and russian just to name a few.  I have enough models to create that will go well into 2023. Both old and modern.

Looks good Eddie! I can easily throw a UK flag on her. So we operated 5 of them in Yokosuka, Japan.  Our call sign was Tiger 1,2,3,4 & 5.  They have since been decommissioned and taken over by Zero Turn Tugboats. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just a informative link for all the awesome designers out there !!

The Shipbucket.

A unified archive of ship and aircraft drawings of every livery, design, never/ever build, ect. in a single uniform scale and style.
Find any livery on any vehicle, plane or ship for reference.

http://www.shipbucket.com/vehicles?category=real

http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings?category=real

I hope it will help for the great designers out there.

Kind regards from a huge fan of the designers work and accomplishments,

RWC.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322807/

image.png

Screenshot 2022-06-04 184656.png

Screenshot 2022-06-04 184826.png

Edited by RWC

18 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

British Naval Dockyard Tug - Serco ltd (Contracted to all Royal Navy Dockyards)

Adjusted wake to '10' - these fat little workboats create a lot of splash - change this line:

GT.Tail_Width = 10

Adjusted and corrected textures where I could.

Could not change flag - that file (US Flag.dds) is used in numerous other ships Mods and they will take precedent if listed before this Mod in the ME.  Mod makers please note, give every texture a unique name, its the only way to fix this. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k236pxzyb7vry9u/UK Dockyard Tug Serco.zip?dl=0

Screen-220604-143851.png

Hi Eddie, Concerning the Tugboat wake effect, I think you could try this one, which looks large and quite adapted to it. Its a lods.ship_wake file to put inside the Shapes folder :

presetId = "ArleighBurke"
shipWakeSize = {25, 10}

Have a look at the screen shot below 😀

Screen_220605_0.jpg

• Like 1

Hi JFCshloss, I modified the  ship's lua file as follows :

GT.Landing_Point = {-83.424, 7.58, 0.0}  -- was 7.28 by Toan 29/04/2021

You can also try to modify the Decklevel parameter. It works for me. Hope this helps. 😀 Fly low...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, toan said:

GT.Landing_Point = {-83.424, 7.58, 0.0}  -- was 7.28 by Toan 29/04/2021

You can also try to modify the Decklevel parameter. It works for me. Hope this helps

Aloha,

I have the same problem with the USNS Patuxent. Changing the GT.Landing_point has no effect;
It could not be a problem of the collision model ?