ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

I was aware it was the same model when I did my skins. I actually started those ages ago for Admirals model but never got around to finishing them.  They got lost in the queue somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its nice to have more civilian type workboats in the dockyard, so bring them on. 

21 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

I was aware it was the same model when I did my skins. I actually started those ages ago for Admirals model but never got around to finishing them.  They got lost in the queue somewhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its nice to have more civilian type workboats in the dockyard, so bring them on. 

Can I share here what I did with your skins ?

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Which one is which Morpheus ?  In reality these are quite small workboats, as small as a harbour launch. I would say this is a pretty good comparison compared to a Type 45 - this is the Razbam Boat. (I say Razbam reservedly - I'm not really sure who put this is the game recently)

Keeping in mind the Type 45's are quite large boats, almost cruiser size. 

Screen-220627-142054.png

Edited by crazyeddie

Hi All, thanks for your very nice liveries, and thanks to Admiral for his super Harbor Tugboat 🙂 Indeed, I noticed that the original size was much too big for these very little (although very powerful) small boats 🤔  So I think the correct size is the small one, definitely 😉 But how can we choose the correct size in DCS ? And to include it with the ME ?🤔

Edited by toan

Oh yes sorry, the small one is Razbam tug boat, I think it is a little too small (make a test with crew), may Admiral's one is too big but I think it is more ralistic (living near harbor) Screen with Razbam tug boat

DCS 2022-06-27 15-30-59.png

And comparison between crew mod and airboss by ED to be sure for man size

DCS 2022-06-27 15-47-27.png

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Hey Guys, I normally try to track down the original size of the Tugboats and ships and scale them to size in 3ds max so they're near the original dimensions of the vessel.

Tugboats come in all sizes but it's the horsepower and Ballard pull that determines its worth. The U.S. Navy tugboats were 2,000 HP but I have seen Tugboats HP as high as 10,000 HP. I have more coming!  As mentioned before I'm always working on something!!

tyytiZw.jpg

M4TC4oh.jpg

Noted Morpheus!! 

• Like 5

The small ones are really nice, and perfect for medium ships and small harbors manouvers 😀 Below is a size comparison between the D650 Aquitaine frigate, which is 140 meters long, and the Navy Tugboat and the Harbor Tugboat, all of which are Admiral's superb Mods 😀 It seems to me that the Harbor Tugboat is almost twice too big, isn't it ? This would make both Tugboats approx. the same size of 44 meters. Assuming the wheelhouse is 2 meters high, the length of the Harbor tugboat on the left should approx. be 15 to 20 meters long, i.e., twice smaller 🤔Thanks Admiral 😉

Size.jpg

Edited by toan

48 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Guys, I normally try to track down the original size of the Tugboats and ships and scale them to size in 3ds max so they're near the original dimensions of the vessel.

Tugboats come in all sizes but it's the horsepower and Ballard pull that determines its worth. The U.S. Navy tugboats were 2,000 HP but I have seen Tugboats HP as high as 10,000 HP. I have more coming!  As mentioned before I'm always working on something!!

tyytiZw.jpg

M4TC4oh.jpg

Noted Morpheus!! 

I think your tugboat is more near reality than the Razbam one wich seems too small compared to human size as I test it 👍

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

I agree the Razbam model is a tad undersized when you see the image with the guy stood on the deck, perhaps another 1/8 to 1/4 would about do it, but I doubt they will change it now.  Admiral Navy Tugboat seems to be the right size compared to Aquitaine, the Harbour Tug is clearly far too big. 

The best test is do what Morpheus did, stick a guy next to hatch on the deck, that is the only way to be sure about scale really.  

Like what your doing with those Admiral, nice boats.  Get the size right and they will be fantastic. 

PS: If its any consolation Hawkeye and I have the same problems with various boats we have done in the past, its a nightmare getting them right sometimes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toan said:

The small ones are really nice, and perfect for medium ships and small harbors manouvers 😀 Below is a size comparison between the D650 Aquitaine frigate, which is 140 meters long, and the Navy Tugboat and the Harbor Tugboat, all of which are Admiral's superb Mods 😀 It seems to me that the Harbor Tugboat is almost twice too big, isn't it ? This would make both Tugboats approx. the same size of 44 meters. Assuming the wheelhouse is 2 meters high, the length of the Harbor tugboat on the left should approx. be 15 to 20 meters long, i.e., twice smaller 🤔Thanks Admiral 😉

Size.jpg

Are you sure Aquitaine has the good size ? Because If Razbam tug boat is too small I don't think the Admiral's one is twice too big 😉

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Well, so far the Aquitaine size is consistent with all the other ships Mods I use, and I have a lot, including all Admiral ones, except for the USS Bainbridge which seems a bit small. But I guess only Admiral can really answer the question. Also, Admiral used to serve on the Navy tugboat he modded, so he can certify its size, and compare it to the Harbor one. And how does Razbam tugboat size compare to Admiral's ? I don't have Razbam's.

Edited by toan

1 hour ago, toan said:

Well, so far the Aquitaine size is consistent with all the other ships Mods I use, and I have a lot, including all Admiral ones, except for the USS Bainbridge which seems a bit small. But I guess only Admiral can really answer the question. Also, Admiral used to serve on the Navy tugboat he modded, so he can certify its size, and compare it to the Harbor one. And how does Razbam tugboat size compare to Admiral's ? I don't have Razbam's.

Razbam one is part of free asset pack for all with South Atlantic map, you have it without buying this map (I don't have it). This pack is in last Openbeta.

Celui de Razbam fait partie de l'asset pack gratuit de la carte Atlantique Sud, on l'a même si on n'a pas acheté la map, c'est mon cas.

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Hi Morpheus, OK thanks, I didn't update to the last Openbeta, yet 😉 Below is a simple comparison of the length of the HMS Duncan and Aquitaine Mods (152 and 142 meters long, respectively). They seem correct and consistent with all other Mods, including Admiral's Navy tugboat 🙂 So, the size of the Harbor tugboat might indeed be the problem 🤔Besides, below is a photo of the Abeille Normandie high seas tugboat, which has just been commissionned to operate in the Channel. It's 91 x 22 meters large, and 25.000 HP powered. Huge tugboat indeed. 😀

Screen_220628_.jpg

Abeille_Normandie.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toan said:

Hi Morpheus, OK thanks, I didn't update to the last Openbeta, yet 😉 Below is a simple comparison of the length of the HMS Duncan and Aquitaine Mods (152 and 142 meters long, respectively). They seem correct and consistent with all other Mods, including Admiral's Navy tugboat 🙂 So, the size of the Harbor tugboat might indeed be the problem 🤔Besides, below is a photo of the Abeille Normandie high seas tugboat, which has just been commissionned to operate in the Channel. It's 91 x 22 meters large, and 25.000 HP powered. Huge tugboat indeed. 😀

Screen_220628_.jpg

Abeille_Normandie.jpg

Just put the ships down in the editor, use the ruler tool to measure out their length, and you'll have your answers in feet.. cross reference the date in wiki, or whatever you use, and you'll see if the scaling is spot on, too small/too large

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Hi Oban, you're right, but I don't have the references for the real tugboats, and there are hundreds of them operating out there.... 😉 Below is the Navy tugboat comparison with the Aquitaine and HMS Duncan Mods, and its OK 🙂

Screen_220628_0.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 1