ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Last test, Aquitaine good size 478" , Razbam tug 66" (for me too small) and Admiral's one 119" maybe a little too big but not unrealistic (always for me), I can't add crew on deck, => invisible in mission. I used the mission editor's measurement tool. So I stop testing now, thank for your job Admiral 👍

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

From wikipedia ---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_Tempest

ART 8032 class tugboat working for Royal Navy is 32.9 m (107 ft 11 in) long.

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

Good images here of the types in UK service:

You can see how the shape and style of a boat similar to SD Tempest can be very similar to a much smaller boat, the trick is to spot the crew on the bridge and notice the size of the hatches. (That's Doors for you landlubbers !!)

http://www.ussalbion.co.uk/rmauxfleet.html

Edited by crazyeddie

DCS Ship mod glitch and or ED Update.

So if you see the harpoons showing outside the Harpoon launchers it's because the below Harpoon Lua line item states True. It's the same line item used on the Perry Class frigate. It's the reason the missile appears on the fwd missile launcher. 

To resolve the issue add the below line to the Harpoon lua entry as shown below. I placed it under the ammo capacity.  If its false the missile's disappear. 

Xeno i think you may have mentioned it a while back. 

GT.WS[ws].LN[1].show_external_missile = false

--Harpoons
ws = GT_t.inc_ws();
GT.WS[ws] = {}
set_recursive_metatable(GT.WS[ws], GT_t.WS_t.ship_HARPOON )
GT.WS[ws].area = 'ZA_HAR'
GT.WS[ws].center = 'Rocket Point'
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].depends_on_unit = AIGES_TRACKERS
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].ECM_K = 0.65;
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].PL[1].ammo_capacity = 8;
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR = {
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_70', drawArgument = 257},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_71', drawArgument = 258},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_72', drawArgument = 259},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_73', drawArgument = 260},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_74', drawArgument = 261},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_75', drawArgument = 262},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_76', drawArgument = 263},
    {connector_name = 'Rocket_Point_77', drawArgument = 264},
}

PY3pwrl.png

BWXRJgW.png

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 5:55 PM, Admiral189 said:

Hey ElvisDaKang,

It's the model Tugboat I released some time ago.  It's also the one Razbam released as well. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

13: USNS Patuxent & Harbor Tugboats: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n930h2lt5te4vr7/USNS Patuxent_Harbor Tugboats.zip?dl=0 -- 4.4.2021

Wait, seriously? Good lord. And they don't even have working sounders.
You'd think that after all the time it took us to figure this stuff out, they'd have already got it down pat since they can just bloody well ask ED.

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

So if you see the harpoons showing outside the Harpoon launchers it's because the below Harpoon Lua line item states True. It's the same line item used on the Perry Class frigate. It's the reason the missile appears on the fwd missile launcher. 

To resolve the issue add the below line to the Harpoon lua entry as shown below. I placed it under the ammo capacity.  If its false the missile's disappear. 

Xeno i think you may have mentioned it a while back. 

--Harpoons
ws = GT_t.inc_ws();
GT.WS[ws] = {}
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR = {
}

PY3pwrl.png

BWXRJgW.png

I don't think I mentioned it, but I did add that coding to a bunch of ships of yours all the same.

--Harpoons
ws = GT_t.inc_ws();
GT.WS[ws] = {}
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR = {
}

PY3pwrl.png

BWXRJgW.png

This is my motivation for creating Navy Ship Models. RIMPAC or Rim of the Pacific. Happens every year in Hawaii. Enjoy! 

• Like 3

I did three RIMPAC's in 20 years, the Aussie's, Kiwi's, and Canadian's are a blast to drink with afterwards in Hawaii, when it's over.... The Japanese Navy was out there with us too. We usually did these just before we went out on WESTPAC. Did a NORPAC once too, COLD!.............. 

Sempre Fortis

Great work, I have said it before I think you should contact Eagle and see about submitting your ships to be part of DCS. Worse case they say no and nothing will change, best case you'll be able to work out a deal and get them in DCS I believe @NineLine

is the contact person

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 2

Aloha,

To decorate the Admiral fleet, I modified the wakes and the dive phase of some submarines proposed by Gregory (on FrenchPack Team discord) :

pack.png

SSN-784 North_Dakota.lods.ship_wake SSN-784 North_Dakota.lua

uss_texas.lua   uss_texas.lods.ship_wake

K-141_Kursk.lua  K-141_Kursk.lods.ship_wake

Typhoon.lua Typhoon.lods.ship_wake

Thanks to him  Gregory.png !

Edited by Marroux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This set has been released!

See here!

I Included the Admirals 688i sub, converted to fire torps. without asking him! LOL

Hope he don''t mind....😆

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 6/30/2022 at 8:22 PM, Admiral189 said:

--Harpoons
ws = GT_t.inc_ws();
GT.WS[ws] = {}
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR = {
}

PY3pwrl.png

BWXRJgW.png

This is my motivation for creating Navy Ship Models. RIMPAC or Rim of the Pacific. Happens every year in Hawaii. Enjoy! 

Hi Admiral, I am trying to apply these changes but struggling to find the Lua file - is there a general harpoon Lua across ships, (for the game) or is it a Lua file for each ship in savedgames/dcs/mods/tech/*ship* for the ships that have harpoons sticking out?

Kind Regards 

GL

Hello Green Leader,

All ships doesn't have the Harpoon launcher but the script is the same as below. It's included in the Main Lua. You have an entry.lua and the main lua is the name of the ship. Example. Arleigh_Burke_IIa.lua is the main lua file for the Arleigh Burke destroyer.

--Harpoons
ws = GT_t.inc_ws();
GT.WS[ws] = {}
GT.WS[ws].LN[1].BR = {
}

• Thanks 1

I am working on  Admiral Kasatonov right now. I can create a model of the Sovremenny. Seems pretty simple to create.

Yesterday, all my mods stopped working in DCS. I may have to uninstall and re-install. running repair and even a computer restore haven't worked. So at the moment, I'm DIW!! Got a bug somewhere.

Something I noticed. The Perry Class appears under Spain, not the USA. Does anyone else see that?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:51 PM, Marroux said:

Sorry to ask but were are the lua files suppose to be placed/installed ?

40 minutes ago, Mac D said:

Sorry to ask but were are the lua files suppose to be placed/installed ?

Hello,

The lua files had to be installed in the mod's root repertory : C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Modern Submarine Pack

The wake files in C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Modern Submarine Pack\Shapes

Edited by Marroux
  • Like 1

Hey Guys!

I have been trying to add a damaged texture to the models I create.  Does any one of you guys understand it? I do but it's not working. I know everything is inline but the textures don't appear in-game. Why?? I'm sure it's something small.

What you see below is actually a double hull with the damaged textures added. As you can see it has a Damage Argument with an Argument number. It is edited via a Curve editor in 3DS Max with Argument 75. I noticed the damage Arg numbers are 70 & 80 for ships. The argument number has also been added to the GT.DM within the main Lua of the ship mod. It has the unique name of the Texture added and the damage model in 3ds max.  My guess is it has to do with how I edited in the curve editor. I edited it the same way we edit Ship Navigation lights.

Ideas are welcome! This is the South Korean Patrol vessel. Yoon Youngha-class patrol vessel.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoon_Youngha-class_patrol_vessel

After I get this small issue resolved. I will go a little further and create a damage model which will show a damaged model. Thanks!

4MwR2Sw.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Mac D,

Whenever you hear us say, Lua or Lau source File in Notebook ++. I am speaking about the two main files required for mods to function in DCS. All the mods we create have an entry.Lua and a Shipsname.Lua within the mod folder. A sample of the entry.Lua is below.  The entry file gets the mod in DCS.

The Shipsname.Lua tells the DCS game engine to make the mod function in DCS. It also tells the ship to shoot its weapons. All weapons, control Ships' speed, radar, and propeller rotation. It also recognizes the type of ship which is very important. 

One missed comma, equal sign, dash, etc; will stop the mod from appearing in DCS.  When a mod doesn't appear in DCS. Check the LUA Files.  Also, certain weapons will not function on all ships. So example. Some Chinese weapons will not function on an American or Russian ship and vice versa.  That will also make a mod not appear in DCS. Wrong weapons!!  Some vehicle weapons do work on ships.  We learn by Trial and error. A lot of errors!! 

One wish I have! I wish it was possible to test the weapons of a mod without having to always go in and out of the game 10 times lol. 

entry.lua

• Like 3

I've been trying to add the damage textures as well....

Did you add the connectors as well??

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45