ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

A little off topic - but since we have all navy enthusiasts here and since it may inspire some mods in future, sharing this impressive video of RIMPAC 2022

Note : I can delete the post if we think this will hijack our mod discussions, do let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 7:55 PM, Admiral189 said:

Hey Guys!

I have been trying to add a damaged texture to the models I create.  Does any one of you guys understand it? I do but it's not working. I know everything is inline but the textures don't appear in-game. Why?? I'm sure it's something small.

What you see below is actually a double hull with the damaged textures added. As you can see it has a Damage Argument with an Argument number. It is edited via a Curve editor in 3DS Max with Argument 75. I noticed the damage Arg numbers are 70 & 80 for ships. The argument number has also been added to the GT.DM within the main Lua of the ship mod. It has the unique name of the Texture added and the damage model in 3ds max.  My guess is it has to do with how I edited in the curve editor. I edited it the same way we edit Ship Navigation lights.

Ideas are welcome! This is the South Korean Patrol vessel. Yoon Youngha-class patrol vessel.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoon_Youngha-class_patrol_vessel

After I get this small issue resolved. I will go a little further and create a damage model which will show a damaged model. Thanks!

4MwR2Sw.jpg

Have you looked at the models and scripts of ED units that have such damage states? Or loaded them into ModelViewer to see if the damage arguments are working the same?

I know the Chinese vessels have damage states and their scripts are open to view. They also tend to have the damage hull texture split into at least two parts, front and back.

Hey Xeno, 

Yes, I have studied them. I notice as soon as the Arleigh Burke for example takes a hit. The damaged textures appear. However, the more damage it takes. the more damaged textures appear. So in my mind, there may be 3 ship hull objects. Each object with a different damage texture added.  Having 3 ship hull objects doesn't have much effect on the file size. They may also be using mirroring as well. I will inquire about it to get more insight on this. Skies are the limit after I figure it out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Xeno, 

Yes, I have studied them. I notice as soon as the Arleigh Burke for example takes a hit. The damaged textures appear. However, the more damage it takes. the more damaged textures appear. So in my mind, there may be 3 ship hull objects. Each object with a different damage texture added.  Having 3 ship hull objects doesn't have much effect on the file size. They may also be using mirroring as well. I will inquire about it to get more insight on this. Skies are the limit after I figure it out. 

I use EDs damage model technique on my assets. If you have any questions, send me a PM. 👍🏻

Done! I got the damaged textures to appear in the game. Thanks to CurrentHill for sharing some inside information!  It took a minute but I figured it out.  Damage mod is my next goal. That may take some time so I will finish up the Russian Frigate before working on the damage model itself. 

g4uEyTr.png

uJ4au7d.png

• Like 10

Hey Chap 2012, yes I plan to create a couple of modern ships and then back to the older ships. I think next in line are the USS Virginia CG-28 and USS Longbeach. 

RWC I have the Type 23 Duke Class in my inventory as well. 

It's coming Tone. Thanks.

• Like 8

I love this model of Admiral Kasatonov! Great work! 😀
With the Kola Peninsula map, we are happy to see more Russian's ships for populate Polyarny and Severomorsk's naval base!

We need Need Udaloy and Sovremenny class ship ^^
(It is possible that ED will make more ship for the lauch of Kola Peninsula!)

• Like 2

@Kappa-131st we have an udaloy class mod, but not from admiral. Its somehere on dcs forums.

Also to everyone here - is anyone able to launch anti ship missions from AI aircraft. I can't get AI aircraft like the tu22m to fire antiship missiles even after setting all parameters correct. They just refuse to fire the missiles. 

Is this a known bug? Else if anyone can get it working pls share a sample mission.

13 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

@Kappa-131st we have an udaloy class mod, but not from admiral. Its somehere on dcs forums.

Also to everyone here - is anyone able to launch anti ship missions from AI aircraft. I can't get AI aircraft like the tu22m to fire antiship missiles even after setting all parameters correct. They just refuse to fire the missiles. 

Is this a known bug? Else if anyone can get it working pls share a sample mission.

This bug appeared after one of the recent simulator updates. As much as I know in the stable version, everything still works correctly.

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Thanks 1

Hi Admiral,

In regards to your first main upload page in this topic, is it possible that you could add the upload date(s) of any latest update or new upload ? Makes it easier to keep track of your work.

Thanks !!""!"!!"!!

• Like 5

Hello @Admiral189, with the announcement of the Kola Peninsula map I was wondering if you will enhance the already nice northern fleet to a few ships? When I read that Kola will be coming I was happy to be able to play a "cold war gone hot" scenario! While I was thinking about possible scenarios in that direction, I will definitely do some missions with the superb recently released submarine packs. Especially the "Typhoon" subs have my attention, as you might know the Russians build a support vessel for them. The Alexandr Brykin was able to reload the R-39 SLBM missile on sea, or better in the fjord where the fleet of the Typhoons were based. So with that in mind I can really dream of making missions where to prevent the Alexandr Brykin support vessel to reach a Typhoon. I hope that you or some experienced person in this thread will take a look at this ship. It would be absolutely great to have this one being made for DCS. 

280134419_5296507097079648_5462460766340152147_n.jpg

31-9001245-karpenko-zap-lica-1.jpg

08-9631341-188.jpg

18-8651525-aleksandr-brykin..jpg

03-6124905-qffk71ckq7m.jpg

11-6040501-mtv-a.-brykin.jpg

08-5582541-rts-pr-941..jpg

kukfoeRGa6k.jpg

img_1.jpeg

197168_20170219_122406.jpg

pr11570_alexandr_brykin.jpg

Edited by Sepp666
  • Like 3

RWC I have added dates but yeah if i have an update I can add a new date.  You can see I also add the version. In most cases version 1.0.0 will be the first release but yeah i can do that. No worries.

Sepp66 do you know if that model is available on the web? Also, keep in mind not many models out there have good detail but i will try to create as many as i can.

Admiral Kasatonov Update.  I'm conducting a weapons test now with the new class missile added.  I added the 9M100 surface-to-air missile.  She's coming along well so far. Still much work to do. All a WIP!!

O8xAAcA.png 

gd95kVj.png

RMv5sEO.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2