ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

2 hours ago, toan said:

Hi Admiral,

Which version of DCS are you using, please ?

Mine is the stable 2.5.6.59625.

Seems to me that this might be the problem for me concerning the LCU-1627.

I just downloaded it using the new link and reinstalled it with no success...

Thanks for your help,

Toan

Hi Toan - do you use any other mods? Might be a conflict with another mod? Rarely happens, but could be a problem. If you use an app like JSGME - deactivate all mods except the mod you want to check. Otherwise my biggest mistake is usually the file structure- at the right level. e.g Mods/Tech/LCU-1627. Hope that helps?

I downloaded the latest version 2.5.6.60966. It was just a hot fix. Also, i don't use anything to assist with adding them to DCS. I drag and drop them straight into the Save Games/Tech folder. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.60966/

That's a US Coast Guard Security Cutter i'm working on. I have five Coast Guard vessels i'm working on for the Marinna Map release. I'm testing them!!

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 1

Thanks ggrewe and Admiral for your help,

Indeed, I think this is due to other Mods  I'm currently using.

I'll try to figure that out.

All the Admiral's other Mods work perfectly, by the way. 😋

Thanks for all your excellent work,

Toan

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

That's a US Coast Guard Security Cutter i'm working on. I have five Coast Guard vessels i'm working on for the Marinna Map release. I'm testing them!!

WOW! Can't wait for those, especially the Bertholf. Fantastic work! Any chance you publish those soon?

I love that screen Marroux! Please share how you added it! 

Hey Toan if it's a mod that's causing conflict. That mod that's causing the conflict may make your game crash as well. Too many times i've had to remove all the mods just to sort out the one mod that's causing all the issues. Older mods will not appear in game. 

Hey Rato65, i may release it sooner than later because i see you have a few coast guard assets in the works. They will go great with her. It will have to be after the Kidd though. 

• Like 1

Good day Admiral, 

Have you thought about adding the Newport Class texture to your Oak Hill.  It would make the Oak Hill look much closer to reality and also bring a consistent color to your US Navy boats.  The Oak Hill is a little too brown in hue currently.  Just a couple of thoughts.......

-Preston

20 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I love that screen Marroux! Please share how you added it! 

To customize the DCS screens :

Create a directory "Theme" in the directory containing the Mod (ex: C:C:\Users\Marroux\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\USS Oak Hill LSD-51) .

image01.png

It contains :

3 png files for the buttons (86x86)

1 ME directory containing the images (png format) to be used.

image02.png

Then you have to modify the end of the entry.lu file (with Notepad++) :

image03.png

Edited by Marroux
  • Like 3

Hey Aviator,

I should have posted it but i wanted to test it for myself first. We were discussing trying to get a real model of the missiles but that is still under discussion. The updated Lua for the Duncan is below. Please make a backup of the original before adding the new one.

Working on the Hull textures & numbers and the Missile Launchers for the Kidd. Shouldn't be too hard.  

HMS Duncan.lua

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Aviator,

I should have posted it but i wanted to test it for myself first. We were discussing trying to get a real model of the missiles but that is still under discussion. The updated Lua for the Duncan is below. Please make a backup of the original before adding the new one.

Working on the Hull textures & numbers and the Missile Launchers for the Kidd. Shouldn't be too hard.  

HMS Duncan.lua 18.81 kB · 3 downloads

Quick Q, I take it the 4.5" gun, 30mm guns and Harpoon launchers are not yet functional?

Having recently sent the Duncan into a surface action, I am pleased that the Harpoons and 30mm SCG function. However the 4.5" MCG refused to engage and the 30mm had a fire rate and shell imp act more akin to a much larger gun. The 30mm is a rapid fire autocannon after all

Screen_210216_190107.png

Screen_210216_190143.png

6 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

I was trying to find a step down or up weapon code for those guns but i couldn't find one.. i will continue to look. As mentioned before. Some code just won't shoot at all. Noted!!

I haven't heard many people speak on it.  Thanks Cdodders!

It helps that I have spent some time on a couple of them, these sort of thing jump out, as well as a few things with the model itself and the 4.5" gun not firing, nor the Phalanx engaging surface targets which it is capable of doing IRL (although I concede that may be a DCS limitation)

21 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Cdodders, every weapon on the Duncan fired when i tested her. All guns and the CIWS. I will look for another script for the guns so their not so powerful.

Ok, when I tested them against 2 sea targets the 4.5" gun didn't fire at all, just the 30mm (and the Harpoons). Is the 4.5" only scripted to work against land targets or is there a minimum range? 

The range is set pretty far out but it can be adjusted as you can see below.  I noticed the perry class is shorter you can try testing which works best for you..  GT.WS.maxTargetDetectionRange = 120000;

-- weapon systems   --Ticonderoga & Arleigh Burke
GT.WS = {}
local ws;
GT.WS.maxTargetDetectionRange = 450000;

Ok the 4.5" did engage a land target  (eventually, the ship had been under fire from said land target for about a minute before engaging with 4.5" and 30mm). What is the minimum engagement range and is there an engagement delay timer or something?

Quick question aside, is it possible to have ships in different 'readiness' states which dictates their reaction times?