Will Ugra ever be held to account for this map?

philstyle

There remain significant inaccuracies, problems, bugs and issues with the Normandy map, despite some attempts to tidy it up int he past. A number pof these have been reported in this forum section for a long time and no-one from ED or Ugra appears to have responded to them.

Is polishing this work completed?

Is there any point in us looking for this product to be tidied up?

• Like 2

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I expect that getting Ugra's attention on this map until well after Syria is released is optimistic at best. :(

Are maps "beta-able"?

Dear Ugra, can you do some "quick and dirty" updates and release to the open beta branch for us to beat upon? "Simple" stuff like pruning a few errant trees? Dragging the up-hill flowing rivers to better locations and/or raising or lowering the terrain mesh to fix those issues in a few places?

Just some random thoughts.

It's still one of my favourite maps in spite of the issues.

There remain significant inaccuracies, problems, bugs and issues with the Normandy map, despite some attempts to tidy it up int he past. A number pof these have been reported in this forum section for a long time and no-one from ED or Ugra appears to have responded to them.

Is polishing this work completed?

Is there any point in us looking for this product to be tidied up?

philstyle, well phrased!

I have pointed out one massive inaccuracy in the post below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280739

Cheers!

imho this map will remain like this forvever , given the almost zero intersst in this map (there is maybe 1 MP server) Ugramedia will put zero resources.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 2 weeks later...
imho this map will remain like this forvever , given the almost zero intersst in this map (there is maybe 1 MP server)

How does the number of MP servcers equate to interest in the map?

When its well documented MP use is a small minority of overall use...

Wouldn't a better metric be # of SP missions for WW2 planes on normandy map vs # of SP missions for WW2 planes on other maps? (In DCS User Files) to judge its popularity vis a vis other maps for the Warbirds?

Airbag_signatur.png

• 5 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, SMH said:

Feels like it's back to as slow as ever after yesterday's update.

I have been away from DCS for awhile and was not here for the update from last August, so I agree something has changed. I had no problem flying around as much as I wanted at treetop level, now I can't fly 100feet over water without my computer freezing.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would post this for anyone wondering what a bare bones system looks like in the air. Please excuse the choppy flying, no stick or pedals.

When I first got back into DCS a couple weeks ago, I couldn't even fly over water without the screen flickering every couple seconds, or freezing up. But after playing around with the settings a bit, I was able to get my system up and running again, sort of. Lowering the preload radius helped a lot.

This video shows what type of performance you can expect from a low end system, on both the Normandy and Channel Island maps. The system is an AMD FX 6300 with 16GB of system RAM, and a Radeon RX580 8GB graphics card. Personally, I think the major bottle neck here is the graphics card, and I question whether adding system RAM would even be a worth while endeavor.  There was about a 5 to 8 FPS drop on the Channel map compared to Normandy when flying at low altitude over land, and about a 10 to 15 FPS drop when flying over populated areas. Above 800 feet, the FPS shoots past 55.

You could probably get away with flying on the Normandy map on a MP server, but the Channel map is just too much for this level of graphics card to handle. Hours of fun though flying SP taking in the beautiful scenery. Really happy with the Channel map, and will highly recommend it when I get a new graphics card.

• Thanks 1