OTTO Alternatives?

The Burrito

So... OTTO buttons of specific sizes and colors are extraordinarily hard to find. I managed to snag two P1s in gray so I can systematically replace the abhorrently cheap switches in my Warthog grip, but I can't use them since they're not going to fit in the gray button areas. (Pinky, Master) Finding P8s, the stubby versions, is near impossible and places like Mouser don't actually stock them, which leads to months of lead time should I order. I need my red murder buttons. :(

So! I'm looking for alternatives. This way it'll be less dodgy than hot gluing and soldering an OMRON switch into a comparatively cavernous housing. Of course, patience in ordering $80 worth of buttons is fine, too, I suppose, if it's preferential to go with the OTTOs.

Edited by The Burrito

I don't see the issue. OTTO P1 will fit all push buttons on the warthog. They will poke out slightly more than P8, but it is negligible. I find it is no problem at all. Massive improvement over the stock buttons.

Top part, P1 for the index finger button pokes out a bit but it'll fit.

NoKWDfb.jpg?1

P1 for the pinkie button. It protrudes only slightly. It works great. You can even put a P1 for the lever (just sand the lever a bit on the bottom to make it fit. That really works well.

aniZGeP.jpg?1

P8 buttons will fit even better but P1s do the job fine in my opinion :)

Absolutely true for the Cougar stick. That thing is a nightmare :doh: But not so for the Warthog.

You could dremel off a bit of the rib on top to make the pickle button fit better, but it is not really necessary.

Here's a shot where you can see P1s fitted to the pinkie and lever buttons. It is a tight fit down there. Looks like I actually extended the wires a bit, not sure why. If you're careful it shouldn't be necessary.

SUgArnU.jpg?1

You do need to file down the lever some if you do that button. It is not visible after you mount it. Take it in small steps until it fits.

HlNkC7Q.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me the exact partnumber of the P1s for Mouser?

Win10 x64 | ASUS Z390 E - Gaming | Watercooled Der8auer i7-8700K @ 5.0Ghz| 32 GB 3200MHz GSkill Trident Z | Watercooled GTX 1080 Ti | 4 x SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs |3 x Stream Deck XL, | TrackIR |

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | FC3 | F-5E | F-16C | AV-8B | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | MiG-21bis | MiG-15bis | Black Shark 2 | UH-1H | Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR

I don't think anyone has shard the "exact" part numbers to replicate the real grip.

The OTTO buttons discussed are plausible milspec analogues - a massive improvement over the stock buttons - but not necessarily the correct ones if that is what you're after.

Here's what I used in the Warthog upgrade:

• pickle/thumb: P1-11121
  • lever: P1-11122
  • index: P1-11118
  • pinkie: P1-11118

Note that I went for 2.5 lbs buttons for index and pinkie buttons for comfort and the full 4 lbs for the pickle and lever buttons.

Here's what I used in the Warthog upgrade:

• pickle/thumb: P1-11121
  • lever: P1-11122
  • index: P1-11118
  • pinkie: P1-11118

Thx for the numbers.

Looks really interesting.

Did you do something similar for the throttle?

If yes do you have part numbers for these too?

Thx for the numbers.

Looks really interesting.

Did you do something similar for the throttle?

If yes do you have part numbers for these too?

I did - and it's a truly tragic story. Basically you can upgrade the whole throttle panel with OTTO buttons and Honeywell switches. You can also upgrade the grip switches and hijack the panel back light and control it with DCS-BIOS directly. Lemme put something together on that and get back to you

Short story: P1-71122 or P1-71622 for both buttons. You will need to enlarge the mounting hole a bit.

Thank you!

Win10 x64 | ASUS Z390 E - Gaming | Watercooled Der8auer i7-8700K @ 5.0Ghz| 32 GB 3200MHz GSkill Trident Z | Watercooled GTX 1080 Ti | 4 x SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs |3 x Stream Deck XL, | TrackIR |

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | FC3 | F-5E | F-16C | AV-8B | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | MiG-21bis | MiG-15bis | Black Shark 2 | UH-1H | Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR