[CHK] CM-802AKG Seeker does not render ground at long distances.

J20Stronk

If you fire an AKG at a target that is a long distance away, ~ 60nm-80nm, once the seeker goes active it will not render the ground around the target area, just the water layer under the level.

Zooming in the seeker to NAR FOV may cause the ground to start rendering again, but it will disappear as soon as you zoom out again. Other times zooming in doesn't help at all.

If firing AKGs at closer range targets, ~ 20nm-40nm, the ground renders properly.

My graphics settings are:

Visib. Range = Ultra

Preload Radius = 125000

Tree Visib = 90%

Clutter = 1500

.trk provided

This might be an ED issue, though I have not tested the Hornet SLAMs to see if this issue exists on them.

JF 802AKG Ground render bug.trk

Edited by uboats

• 1 month later...

Is this still an issue for other people and when did this start happening?

I noticed it recently (haven't used the AKGs for a while), and tested in SP, I can see the edge of where the ground renders move closer as my plane flies away past 40nm.

But I remember when JF-17 was released I did the default AKG missions and could hit the target fine at very long range. And a squad mate remembers some months ago we did a mission and he hit the target with the AKG while 100+ nm away.

Is it a DCS core engine thing that needs fixing or is it something Deka can do a workaround for?

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 2 weeks later...

It definitely worked when the JF-17 was released, I remember doing the instant action and nailing that transport from the other side of the mountains.

I assume it broke as part of ED's rendering performance improvements, if they introduced render range limitation then to help with that.

If it affects everything are ED aware?

VC

It definitely worked when the JF-17 was released, I remember doing the instant action and nailing that transport from the other side of the mountains.

I assume it broke as part of ED's rendering performance improvements, if they introduced render range limitation then to help with that.

If it affects everything are ED aware?

This started happening right after the SLAM was put on the Hornet.

As you said, the AKG reneder worked perfectly before.

GJ ED, please keep breaking more stuff that ain't yours.

• 1 month later...

I'm having an issue when using the cruise missile in the Instant Action - Man In The Middle on Caucuses.

The wide view via the datapod is not loading buildings or other items. Only, what appears to be water, and smoke from buildings.

When switching to narrow view, the buildings load.

Is there a graphics setting I need to change? If not, could this get looked at and patched?

Here is a short video demonstration that also shows my selected graphics settings:

• Like 1

I can confirm i have the same problem, i tried with various settings (max visibility range, low / high preload radius, performance / quality cockpit, texture quality) it's always the same, both in SP and Multiplayer.

However sometime, i could see the ground, and the distance between me and the target doesn't seem to be the cause since i both got access to the missile's camera at 10 nm from the target and 55 nm and i couldn't tell any differences, the ground was mostly transparent.

And like you've said, buildings / ground appear when switching to narrow view, however it doesn't work always for me.

I hope it gets fixed soon since it's a very nice missile but it's next to impossible to use correctly right now.

• Like 1

This is an ED issue not a Deka issue. SLAM-ER on the Hornet has the same problem, the bug was introduced when that was added. Seems DCS now has a hard render limit of about 40 miles, measured from your plane, so no TPOD, missile seeker or anything will render terrain if it is further away from you than that.

• Like 1

VC

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, reported over 4 months ago and still bugged?? (I just discovered while testing AKG... I just spent my whopping 65$ on this module just for the AKGs, and now THIS?)

PLEASE fix ASAP!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

25 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Wow, reported over 4 months ago and still bugged?? (I just discovered while testing AKG... I just spent my whopping 65$ on this module just for the AKGs, and now THIS?)

PLEASE fix ASAP!

Seems to be ED bug, since they are working on a new video data link rendering for long distance, for the Slam -ER.

"Unlike the GBU-24, the SLAM-ER has much greater range and the ability to alter terminal targeting. We are also developing the enhanced data link video transmission for these greater distances which we plan to deliver early next year.  "

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254464-official-news/page/3/

We have to wait.

Edited by sylkhan

Hm. "ability to alter terminal targeting" ? Doesn't DCS SLAM already have that, capability of pilot to alter the trajectory in terminal phase? (Also, nearly 1000 views! Keep it going in this thread 🙂 )

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...
  • RichardG changed the title to C802 Cruise missile video
  • 4 weeks later...

ETA for fix, Deka? Do you keep pressing this issue with ED staff or not?

I can't fly my JF-17 anymore in A2G/A2A due to this issue... [AKG is best A2G+A2A weapon... https://youtu.be/ZBi4GHaAR9Q ]

Edited by DanielNL

on the SLAM ALSO?? How many Hornet-lovers did complain about that then, so far? zero? one? two? Or is ED not taking Hornet-flyers complaints serious? 😒