[CHK] CM-802AKG Seeker does not render ground at long distances.

J20Stronk

3 hours ago, DanielNL said:

on the SLAM ALSO?? How many Hornet-lovers did complain about that then, so far? zero? one? two? Or is ED not taking Hornet-flyers complaints serious? 😒

it isnt a big deal on SLAM because its videofeed becomes unusably noisy beyond like 30nm.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

That explains why ED appears to be taking a suuuper relaxed pace at this issue... 😑

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

They're the ones who broke it when they released the SLAM; thought no one would use the Stand-off Land Attack Missile at stand off ranges, so they limited the render distance to 30nm from the aircraft.

AKGs were working just fine before then, but since the JF-17 isn't their project and no one bothers using SLAMs because they suck and 8x JSOWs exist, its "not their problem".

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

[They - ED] thought no one would use the Stand-off Land Attack Missile at stand off ranges

Lol what, how did they miss my video... omg

fascinating, how the AKG seeker rendered every single rivet on the Tomcat's fuselage ^^

Edited by DanielNL
  • Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

People are throwing a hissy fit over the knotch gate on the jeff radar but not this.  They don't even need any data to prove their arguments. Nobody cares for anything as long as the whornet and viper crowds are happy anymore in dcs it appears. 

802 will be fixed when ed launch slam-er because this is how things are. lol

Edited by dimitrischal
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dimitrischal said:

802 will be fixed when ed launch slam-er because this is how things are. lol

We'll see... I doubt it's a guaranteed "802 will also be (more or less automatically) working again as soon as the SLAM-ER works"....

• 2 weeks later...

No workaround. Patience... Or you somehow get ED to fix this before they release SLAM-ER.

I tested this today.  And at 25NM from target you kan see the ground even when you are zoomed out also. You can see the ground moving in, in the picture when you close the distance at 25NM. When you zoom in you can be liitle furter out to see the ground. 

Is there some way around so you can atleast see the ground at 40NM when you are zoomed out?  Maybe alter some values or something?

DEKA can you answear maybe?

I really want this weapon to work!

DEKA can you answear maybe?

Best is to tag the gr8 "uboats" directly 🙂

@uboats

• 1 month later...

grafik.png glad you guys enjoy my AKG-A2A comment on page 1 😆 😁

Edited by D4n

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, sylkhan said:

802 AKG works again with 2.7, Great..!

And ED didn't mention this in changelog? Ok, well I'm happy anyways. Time for me to revive my PvP AKG skill ^^

• 3 months later...

I dunno,  the data link visual is unusable.  The image is murky and Hazey, even when the brightness or contrast is turned up.

I used to love this weapon for its stand off capabilities but cannot use it now, unless I attack a really large building.  

Edited by antiload
Spelling

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
vor einer Stunde schrieb okopanja:

Any update?

Looking at this here together with your other bug report, I guess that those weapons with videofeed are code wise a sort of extension of the plane itself and thus it might be hard or impossible to change. 
But yeah, some official words about this would be nice. 

2 hours ago, BigBorner said:

Looking at this here together with your other bug report, I guess that those weapons with videofeed are code wise a sort of extension of the plane itself and thus it might be hard or impossible to change. 
But yeah, some official words about this would be nice. 

TBF, it needs to change, as the weapon is unusable.

One of the selling points for this module for me personally, is the stand-off capability if the CM 802 - both anti ship and the land attack (MITL) cruise missile. I'm pretty sure it would not be this unusable in RL. The missile has worked well in the past. This missile need a clearer picture, and also to keep its stand-off range or just forget it.   

• 1 month later...