DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

Who else wants to see a fully detailed Su-27 in DCS?

In the form of an upgrade would be a good idea, I'd personally would prefer the Su-33 but it's just my personal taste.

Same for the Mirage 2000, an upgrade to Mk2 or 5F would put us level with the US fighters...

Right now, it looks as if those aircraft have a limited niche in PvP...

Not often. Only a few servers limit the Aim-120. If you want to fly a Mig-29A you will need a special combination of skill, stealth, and luck. Expect to die, a lot.

Well, we'll just have to wait until we get some extra goodies...

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

not every one wants a the "better aircraft" to beat the others on line..

Most of us want a simulation of the real thing. So Hell yeah! bring the Fulcrum baby!!!

Awesom 80's Warfare.

We Need ED to stop listening to "airquakers" and start delivering Cold War planes, not Post 9/11 ones...

• Like 1

Most of us want a simulation of the real thing. So Hell yeah! bring the Fulcrum baby!!!

Awesom 80's Warfare.

We Need ED to stop listening to "airquakers" and start delivering Cold War planes, not Post 9/11 ones...

Yeah! Honestly modern air combat sucks. Once you get in WVR its almost impossible to dodge incoming Fox 3. Some 80s or early 90s scenarios are much more fun. You have one or two crappy Fox 1 shots and then its all about Heaters and Guns. Its much better than throwing Fox 3s on enemy while staying in BVR, because once you get closer you will most likely die.

• Like 1

Most of us want a simulation of the real thing.

Unfortunately, that's wrong, most people want to win and buy OP stuff. Just check how populated are 80s servers... They're empty

What do 80s servers have to do with realism? Granted I will agree there are quite a large percentage of the community are like you described, but I wouldnt say most people. The 80s servers being empty really has more to do with the lack of interest in 80s combat than anything, which is a shame because it is fun.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

The fact is, we already have modern stuff for BLUFOR, and dor the REDFOR... No. People just want some real competition. Flying f-16 vs 18 is not that much immersive. It's not because people want something OP, it's because people want some realistic near-peer rivals to the airplanes already released. It's not a case against Cold War stuff, I'm all for it, just against misunderstanding of motives of those of us desiring modern red planes.

I do agree that a state of the art Red force is needed, and that it would be grate to have it.

But we were allready todl it will NOT happen...

so I will take what we can get.

The ideal world solution would be for ED and 3rd parties to do more 80s Blue force Aircrafts, for instance, to go with the Mig 21 bis, Mig 19, and soon coming Mig 23...

About 80s server, well my squadmates And I fly Vietnam very often...

And better to have quiet like minded populated serversd than airquake kill fests with 60+ players... :) (no ofense intended) But dont mind me, im just an old fart jejeje

And guess what is "already populated" daily ;)

You're both right.

90% players are offline only, and (most?) want the full-sim experience.

10% fly multiplayer, and, of those, 90% want the most modern weapons possible.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Please do nothing else ED, before the DCS Mig29A is ready to use before Christmas 2020

I want to Preorder

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Any server operator can limit or deny the Aim-120. More of them should. Flying the Mig-29 in multiplayer is like flying blindfolded, with only a dagger to defend yourself against a phalanx of Amraams.

It really does make me wonder what we will do with a Mig-29A. I will still buy it, but it will remain a huge underdog.

Still we have the problem that they get avionics they shouldn't get, Datalinks they shouldn't have etc... etc...

ED put themselves in a dead end.

AFAIK you can disable AWACS link for MP, the 104th does it for some of their missions, so its not too bad, but yea theres not much you can do.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• 1 month later...

We need this :D

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Red needs capable fighters. Not more 80s AIM-7 equivalent garbage.

That means, FC3 variants of late 2000s 29/27/31 variants, if full fi versions of them are not possible.

Yeah, not going to happen, developers have said it time and time again.

And you still need data to do an FC3 aircraft... Especially things like the RADAR (even if simplified) and the FDM. And if documentation isn't available, then they're not feasible as modules.

And apart from a selection of BLUFOR modules, arguably the super carrier (if not definitely the Arleigh-Burke Flt. IIA late that comes with it), the Chinese ships and the JF-17 everything else tops off at the early 90s...

Hell, the most consistent era we get, with the most playable assets that fit, is probably WWII...

Whats wrong with the FC3 one? A few cockpit buttons? The HOTAS controls would be almost exactly the same.

Because FC3 has simplified systems, and the full-fidelity stuff, at least for me, is the reason why I play DCS in the first place.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yeah, not going to happen, developers have said it time and time again.

And you still need data to do an FC3 aircraft... Especially things like the RADAR (even if simplified) and the FDM. And if documentation isn't available, then they're not feasible as modules.

And apart from a selection of BLUFOR modules, arguably the super carrier (if not definitely the Arleigh-Burke Flt. IIA late that comes with it), the Chinese ships and the JF-17 everything else tops off at the early 90s...

Hell, the most consistent era we get, with the most playable assets that fit, is probably WWII...

Because FC3 has simplified systems, and the full-fidelity stuff, at least for me, is the reason why I play DCS in the first place.

Something like a Su-30MKK can be done or even simpler, a Su-27SKM

It would have the same avionics as a Su-30MKK which deka has access to in part and can reuse the IFR probe from the Su-33 and the flight model of the in game Su-27

All it would need is a new radar rwr and cockpit

It is totally fine that your preference is for FF

But the lite sim aspect is important to the sim community as some dont have the patience or time to get into FF. FC3 style planes serve as a good Segway for many people adding a modern Redfor plane that is FC3 (or MAC as it is their new project) would appease both the more casual simmer and those who would like to see a 2000s flanker seems like a win win even if you wouldn't buy it

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

Many people play dcs to fight, not to press buttons

If they don't like the full-fidelity stuff, then isn't DCS kind of a poor choice for them? I mean isn't the full-fidelity stuff the main selling point of DCS?

In their own description on the front page it states that the point of DCS "is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible." Now while we can say what DCS' does well and doesn't do so well, this does tend to higher fidelity, study-sim level aircraft, does it not?

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.