DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

OK thread derailed.
Get back to how awesome it would be to have a Mig-29A, in DCS. No one really cares how bad anyones experience of an unrealistic public server is, or anyone's idea that its only about PvP or that GCI doesnt exist or any other nonsense.
If we did, then the only thing anyone would care about would be having the best module in DCS, not about trying to model authentic air combat. Or, in other words, your opinion.

• Like 4

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

4 minutes ago, Pikey said:

(...)

Get back to how awesome it would be to have a Mig-29A, in DCS. (...)

It is going to make DCS World an even better place to live in and it is yet another dreams come true, next to the naval aviation, for me and many others - I am sure, among multiple great DCS modules, MiG-29 would will be the King to rule them all.

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

8 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I would suggest getting back on topic discussing the Mig-29A

Aw, it just needs Subs and Xilon to ask for TicTac to get good 😛

1 hour ago, Tippis said:

When zhukov says something about airquake and arcade gameplay, and I agree with him, you know the other side of the conversation has gone down a very weird path. 😛

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day 😛

On topic, glad to have a MiG-29 inbound, and still hoping for a 27 someday, too 😃 Hopefully the FSM and dedicated attention will resolve some of people's outstanding complaints, and serve as a testbed for converting future FC3 aircraft to FSM, too!

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

After all nobody said ED is not going to make some - even rudimentary - GCI API for MiG-29 9.12. 

MiG-21bis, MiG-23MLA and even MiG-19P would greatly benefit from this.

RAZBAM guys stated they are exploring possibility to make GCI integration but obviously if API would came from ED it would be A LOT more consistent and standarized to be used by other modules.

Let's wait for official MiG-29 9.12 announcment. ED can surprise us with modeling certain things without prior notice (like recent clouds which will not only looks great but also interact with sensors, i have to admit i didn't expect that)

In addition to being visually stunning, the new clouds will block visual and optical sensor line of sight and be synchronized online.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zhukov032186 said:

Aw, it just needs Subs and Xilon to ask for TicTac to get good 😛

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day 😛

On topic, glad to have a MiG-29 inbound, and still hoping for a 27 someday, too 😃 Hopefully the FSM and dedicated attention will resolve some of people's outstanding complaints, and serve as a testbed for converting future FC3 aircraft to FSM, too!

GRYPHON is an AEROSPACE-FIGHTER, 100 000 fighter jets = a few seconds with a death ray while zhukov032186 is breathing through a straw for all eternity. 

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, bies said:

populated servers like Blue Flags restricts weapons severly, even more than needed

Even you admit that you dislike restrictions. And so does the rest of the DCS playerbase. As such the MiG-29A WILL be put against mid 2000s amraam busses and the 2020s Meteor - hooray.

Think about how much money 80 dollars are. With Syria and the MiG-23 on top, thats 200 dollars at least. There is so much fun stuff you can do with that money. Thats 20 cinema tickets, 5 or more really good games on steam, 10 restaurant visits. Heck, you could get 200 1 dollar bills and toss them around.

Or you can get shot down repeatedly in an incomplete 70s/80s soviet museum escapee by Eurofighters with missiles that they didnt get until 2020.

If ED adds tools for the GCI and MiG-29 with the IADS module, thats another 50 bucks.

If you really like getting shot down, you can just use the FC3 MiG-29A for 10$. Its the exact same experience minus startup and slightly faster radar (with all the same key/HOTAS bindings).

You want to pay 80 dollars for startup procedures?

• Like 1

ED is developing the core of DCS along with new modules.

With carrier-capable Hornet DCS is receiving advanced aircraft carrier simulation, with SEAD Viper DCS is receiving remodeled air defence, with Hind/Apache - probably some FARP rework, maybe splash damage.

So why not some even rudimentary GCI API with MiG-29? Who knows.

Edited by bies
  • Like 3

So, here is the question. Does anybody know why its wheels are always green?

Like it goes to maintenance depot, gets a new paint job - often changing the camo scheme and still the wheels are green. Is there any particular reason?

MiG-29A.jpg

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

27 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

So, here is the question. Does anybody know why its wheels are always green?

Like it goes to maintenance depot, gets a new paint job - often changing the camo scheme and still the wheels are green. Is there any particular reason?

I was looking for answer for a long time, but never found sure one - this green paint was used probably in all Soviet combat planes since 1960s.

The most popular theory is the wheels being produced in the factory building tanks so they were simply using this color.

Let's not forget this was single most popular and produced paint colour in whole USSR... Even many civilian industrial machines were painted green.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

That green is used in other Russian planes as well, i think they must have a standard colour green for a specific paint requirement. Beautiful body, bad makeup from the 80's?

Edited by Pikey
  • Like 2

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

1 hour ago, Max1mus said:

Even you admit that you dislike restrictions. And so does the rest of the DCS playerbase. As such the MiG-29A WILL be put against mid 2000s amraam busses and the 2020s Meteor - hooray.

Think about how much money 80 dollars are. With Syria and the MiG-23 on top, thats 200 dollars at least. There is so much fun stuff you can do with that money. Thats 20 cinema tickets, 5 or more really good games on steam, 10 restaurant visits. Heck, you could get 200 1 dollar bills and toss them around.

Or you can get shot down repeatedly in an incomplete 70s/80s soviet museum escapee by Eurofighters with missiles that they didnt get until 2020.

If ED adds tools for the GCI and MiG-29 with the IADS module, thats another 50 bucks.

If you really like getting shot down, you can just use the FC3 MiG-29A for 10$. Its the exact same experience minus startup and slightly faster radar (with all the same key/HOTAS bindings).

The question I keep finding myself asking is why you bother? You're clearly unhappy with the platform and I think you'd be much happier playing War Thunder. I know I'd find it a great deal more pleasant - and I suspect many others too - round here if we weren't repeatedly obliged to read dross of this ilk.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Even you admit that you dislike restrictions. And so does the rest of the DCS playerbase.

Actually, the playerbase is just fine with it. See, if you can use broad and sweeping generalisations solely based on your own opinion, then so can the rest of us.

As such the MiG-29A WILL be put against mid 2000s amraam busses and the 2020s Meteor - hooray.

So what? That's the choice of the people who want it to be that way. For those that don't, it won't be. Quite simple — everyone gets what they want; everyone's happy. It might not find an audience in the latest-and-greatest power-creep crowd, but again so what? Neither does 90% of the other DCS modules and all that happens is that they miss out on some of the most fun flying the game has on offer…

Spoiler

…like the CE2. 😛

For one, you need to find better restaurants. For another, you're missing a very obvious option: you get into fun fights against other aircraft that have their advantages while you have yours, and you get the fun and enjoyment of throwing around one of the most nippy and agile fighters in the match. The scenario you're trying to paint as some horrible and undesirable outcome already happens on a daily basis right now, and people are happy enough with it. So again, what's the problem?

You not wanting to do that is not really a problem.

Plenty of people do. And again, so what?

Basically, you're offering a pretty solid argument in favour of releasing A-model Vipers and Hornets, but that's about it. Everything else you're saying either boils down to “lol no that's not actually the case” or “so what?”. What is the actual problem here?

Edited by Tippis
  • Like 5

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

20 cinema tickets = 40 hours of entertainment if you are lucky

5 games on steam = 750 hours of entertainment if you are lucky

10 restaurant visits = 20 hours of entertainment if you are lucky

200 1 dollar bill tossing = maybe 10 hours in 5 years i don't know doesn't sound like too much fun for me

i paid around 200$ for blackshark(+upgrades), 2 maps and a couple campaigns. Iam way beyond my 2000 hours of entertainment sofar.

Mig-29 for 80 bucks and i see another 3-4000 hours of coming fun and entertainment without dipping into multiplayer at all.

If you really think multiplayer only exists on those couple of servers you played on sofar, you completely deny the existence of all those squadrons out there doing exclusively PVE, aerobatics or some other kind of stuff, without a PVP component at all.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

23 minutes ago, Tippis said:

The scenario you're trying to paint as some horrible and undesirable outcome already happens on a daily basis right now, and people are happy enough with it. So again, what's the problem?

People are not happy with it, given that all the servers are F-18 vs F-16. And in singleplayer, most campaigns are also these time travel scenarios, where if a Su-27 user wants to complete it, he is forced to essentially abuse AI weaknesses like them not shooting back when they are launched on.

You mentioned advantages and throwing around one of the most nippy and agile fighters.

Which advantages? More agility than what?

- The MiG-29A in DCS looses most if not all guns only matchups against 4th gens because the earlier versions lacked fly by wire and because mid 2000s NATO fighters have upgraded engines and stuff like speed showing up on JHMCS.

- IRST? Less than 8 kilometers of range head on, sometimes as little as 6. The F-18s targeting pod in A/A mode is better than that, and you can detect missile launches with it.

- Missiles? R-27R and T are not only of inferior range and speed than any AIM-120, but even loose against the AIM-7, only managing to get a trade close to rMin (4km).

- Radar? Nope, for all the reasons stated.

- Speed and acceleration? Nope, DCS F-16 beats it, while not running out of fuel after a minute in burner at low altitude

- SA? Nope, for reasons stated.

- Merge with off bore heaters? Nope, too bad AOA and lacks any upgraded archer. On top of only 30 flares, no chance against AIM-9X.

Again, where is even one unique advantage? Or better agility?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Max1mus

What exactly is the point of your perpetual complaining? The plane is going to get made, barring unforeseen issues, it will be an A, plenty of people will buy it, some won't, and absolutely nobody cares whether you buy it or not. Your marketing and PvP observations are likewise utterly irrelevant.

So, what's your endgame here, champ? To stop the plane from getting made? Not gonna happen (just to please you, anyway). To get a more modern plane made? Also not gonna happen (for the forseeable future at least).

Are you just bored, locked up at home and smashing your face on the keyboard venting frustration with life? If so... that's perfectly valid, actually, I do that myself as you can see from 75% of my posts.

• Like 6

Yeah, MiG-29A sucks big time. 

That's why I am in love with it.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, erniedaoage said:

you completely deny the existence of all those squadrons out there doing exclusively PVE

All larger PVE groups in DCS that feature the MiG-29A have featured it as a practice target for AIM-120C5 and 9X. Time travel scenarios, just like Multiplayer.

Aerobatics: Yes!

If you have the money to spend 80$ for an aerobatics aircraft (That is already in the game with a PFM), go ahead. Buy it.

To all other people, including aviation fans in eastern Europe and Asia, that have a 200-300$ wage and are perhabs the biggest target audience of such modules: Better luck next time.

3 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

All larger PVE groups in DCS that feature the MiG-29A have featured it as a practice target for AIM-120C5 and 9X.

No.   Your time is better spent looking for the right squadrons to play in or with.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Then set up your own PvP server with NATO types limited to chronologically valid types and missile selections and play there exclusively. 

Or or are you demanding ED break laws that could have their employers imprisoned in the name of your personal gratification?

• Like 2

I will buy the MiG-29 9.12 when it comes out. I think it will be a great addition to my roster of modules, just like pretty much any Soviet Cold War aircraft would be. On the other hand I have no interest in another AMRAAM boat (the current selection is more than enough for me) nor do I find modern Russian aircraft particularly interesting. I don't care about air quake meta and I don't care how well the MiG will stack against whatever rules the roost there. There's enough late Cold War assets in DCS that I'm sure we'll have no shortage of interesting content for the MiG. I can see there are enough people who share my view that the MiG will sell great and hopefully more modules from that era will follow.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

No.   Your time is better spent looking for the right squadrons to play in or with.

Then show me one group that restricts the heck out of themselves in their PVE missions. I have checked many, and all large communities do not.

Edited by Max1mus

7 minutes ago, lmp said:

I will buy the MiG-29 9.12 when it comes out. I think it will be a great addition to my roster of modules, just like pretty much any Soviet Cold War aircraft would be. On the other hand I have no interest in another AMRAAM boat (the current selection is more than enough for me) nor do I find modern Russian aircraft particularly interesting. I don't care about air quake meta and I don't care how well the MiG will stack against whatever rules the roost there. There's enough late Cold War assets in DCS that I'm sure we'll have no shortage of interesting content for the MiG. I can see there are enough people who share my view that the MiG will sell great and hopefully more modules from that era will follow.

MiG-29 9.12 is in DCS.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/flaming_cliffs/

Where is all this content you mentioned? This thing has been out for years now and im still looking.

Do you think it will be any different after they re-release it for 79.99$?

Edited by Max1mus

2 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

MiG-29 9.12 is in DCS.

Not as a full fidelity module - and you know that's what I meant.

4 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

Where is all this content you mentioned?

I mentioned assets that will allow content creators to create content when - and I stress this again - the full fidelity MiG-29 is released.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

Then show me one group that restricts the heck out of themselves in their PVE missions. I have checked many, and all large communities do not.

Dude, this isn't anybody else's problem but yours. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it and move on with your day. Your spamming couldn't possibly be any more pointless =D

1ebb99616da5bffdb2209cf3c4b83ed1.gif

• Like 5

I think people have been starved so much by EDs years long neglect of OPFOR in DCS (Making AI units will not send you to jail) that they will praise anything, even if its as mediocre as one of the worst 4th gen fighter variants that is not even a real multirole.

The problem with this is that if it flops, ED will never even consider making something russian again (When asked about the lack of russian modules, they keep bringing up how russian stuff sells worse).

Think about the people that are not building massive cockpits and not buying most, if not all DCS modules anyway. People from eastern Europe, Russia and Asia are a huge potential market for non-NATO aircraft, but they dont make enough money (average wages of less than 500$) to just spend so much on such a mediocre product. Why would they buy MiG-29A when they have a MiG-21 or MiG-23MLA already?

Edited by Max1mus
  • Like 1