DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

It's a bit funny on takeoff and landing

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. That's where the oddities are apparent.

1 hour ago, GGTharos said:

And because those same intricacies are described in the aircraft's manual.

Yes, I said so. That still doesn't mean the plane should be nervous on the controls, as RL videos suggest.

1 hour ago, GGTharos said:

Maybe people should focus on their flying technique.

Yeah, right... Here we go again. The cycle of derogatory comments is on again.

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

If someone wants to recreate the way the real plane is controlled, DCS should allow it.

Sure, but by writing this you probably don't mean that the majority of players that doesn't create their own set of controls should consequently be ignored, do you?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, yufighter said:

Gierasimov,

I would be very grateful if you could record a * .trk file in which you make 4-5 connected traffic circuits (with landing) on the MIG-29 and set it up for download.

hank you!

The forum for the 29 is literally full of videos of both people rough landing/crashing it and landing it successfully. Ironhand did a number of tutorial videos on it, in particular demonstrating flying it according to the manual's directions. It's not hard to find videos of such things

Ninja'd by Northstar looks like

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 3

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

29 minutes ago, yufighter said:

Gierasimov,

I would be very grateful if you could record a * .trk file in which you make 4-5 connected traffic circuits (with landing) on the MIG-29 and set it up for download.

hank you!

• Thanks 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

20 minutes ago, DaWu said:

When I google the cockpit of the Mig29A I see a lot of gauges but not one single mfd. that’s bad. I would love to have some modern RED Ac but not something out of a museum. 

It has a radar screen, which shows much good info not related to radar as well. It´s not a MFD, and you´re not going to see a RED aircraft with one for some time I am afraid. Secrecy 😉

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

When I google the cockpit of the Mig29A I see a lot of gauges but not one single mfd. that’s bad. I would love to have some modern RED Ac but not something out of a museum. 

JF-17 is Red (ish? PurpleFor?) that uses the RD-33 engine in the MiG-29 and if I remember correctly is (very) loosely based on a MiG fighter. It's got Russian blood pumping in those Chinese veins :D All bs aside, that's a pretty interesting aircraft, though I haven't bought it yet.

4 часа назад, zhukov032186 сказал:

JF-17 is Red (ish? PurpleFor?)

BrownFor.

that uses the RD-33 engine in the MiG-29

yep

and if I remember correctly is (very) loosely based on a MiG fighter.

Ye, Mig-21

It's got Russian blood pumping in those Chinese veins 😄 All bs aside, that's a pretty interesting aircraft, though I haven't bought it yet.

Well, with this logic i suppose you could say that MiG-21 is bluefor then. It's operated by nato countries and can carry R-3S missiles that are copies of aim-9Bs. Excellent replacement of phantom!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TotenDead said:

Well, with this logic i suppose you could say that MiG-21 is bluefor then. It's operated by nato countries and can carry R-3S missiles that are copies of aim-9Bs. Excellent replacement of phantom!

No, my logic in comparing it to a ''modern MiG-29'' is it's a similar sized fighter, with similar high performance, similar avionics, using weaponry with similar capabilities, based on related technology and using the same engine. Is it a modern MiG-29? No, but it's very similar, with direct lineage to the MiG line even, and is flown by a nominally hostile non-allied nation.

I know you thought you were being very ''clever'' with your comeback, but it is very much not the same category of suggestion I made. The Jf-17 and MiG-29 have a long list of similar characteristics, no matter how butthurt you may be at the notion.

The MiG-21 and F-4 have exactly three similarities : timeframe, mach 2+, AiM-9b.

So with this logic, I'm gonna say you gave exactly zero thought to your remark. -1 internetz to you, sir, try harder next time.

• Like 1

Just now, yufighter said:

Northstar98

I wasn't looking for a video, but a * .trk file. I don't need successful landing sequences. I was looking for a complete flight from takeoff to landing. Nobody wants to post that. What is the problem?

Because I'm crap at flying it.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

29 minutes ago, yufighter said:

Northstar98

I wasn't looking for a video, but a * .trk file. I don't need successful landing sequences. I was looking for a complete flight from takeoff to landing. Nobody wants to post that. What is the problem?

Does this look like a deli? Just step up to the window and order whatever you want? Why is everyone else expected to fulfill YOUR request?

There's a box in the top right labeled ''search''. You can type interesting phrases or words into it, and it will show you comments and threads with those words. You can do it as easily as anyone else can. Most websites have similar features, including YouTube.

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 2

That's fine, but there's plenty of videos and threads on that, is my point, if you really want to see NOW, you aren't the first person to ask. There's no ''problem'', but people aren't going to drop what they're doing and run 4-5 circuits on demand. Especially since this is a well worn topic and there's tons of that stuff available already if you will ''search'' for it. That box is your friend

Hell, there's probably trks and vids posted in THIS thread if you look through it.

Edited by zhukov032186

1 hour ago, yufighter said:

Northstar98

Not sure how precise you want things to be and this isn't absolutely by the numbers. It's been awhile since I've been in this cockpit and even longer since I've landed the thing. But here you go. The 2nd landing sucked eggs because I landed a bit short but, in my defense, I was still getting the feel of landing the aircraft but the rest aren't bad.

I apologise for the views. Didn't have much time to fly it and have to head into work. I usually "pretty up" the views before posting something like this.

MiG-29 Touch and Goes.trk

Edited by Ironhand
  • Thanks 4

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:11 AM, Pilot Ike said:

Sorry, but no, my time is too precious for that. Check the FC3 Mig-29 forum, there have been a lot of discussions about the topic, and especially the Russian forum, there some supposedly RW Mig pilots also raised lots of concerns. 

Many of those "concerns" were also directly addressed by EDs FM engineer in the exact same threads, if you bother to read them.

• Like 1

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

12 часов назад, zhukov032186 сказал:

No, my logic in comparing it to a ''modern MiG-29'' is it's a similar sized fighter,

Eh, not really similar, MiG is larger and its empty weight almost quals JF-17s max. takeoff weight 

Цитата

with similar high performance

Meh

Цитата

, similar avionics, using weaponry with similar capabilities,

That's somewhat true... ish

Цитата

Is it a modern MiG-29? No, but it's very similar

-_-

Цитата

The Jf-17 and MiG-29 have a long list of similar characteristics, no matter how butthurt you may be at the notion.

So, for example? Because atm 2000s MiG-29 is closer to our hornet or F-16 than to a JF-17

Edited by TotenDead
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I want MIG-29SMU... that would be nice...

Well, when the F18 started ED said it would be a 90's model. Not sure on the viper. But the track record is to deliver "newer" versions than promised, so there is at least a precedent for it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

2 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Well, when the F18 started ED said it would be a 90's model. Not sure on the viper. But the track record is to deliver "newer" versions than promised, so there is at least a precedent for it.

I highly doubt we will get a newer MiG-29 model.  Not any fault of ED but due to RU legal reasons.

Just now, Hodo said:

I highly doubt we will get a newer MiG-29 model.  Not any fault of ED but due to RU legal reasons.

Personally I think you're right, but ED has "upgraded" versions in the past too. Slim chance IMO but It would fit better with the more modern western stuff. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 2/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Jonne said:

For which case? Best economy, or intercept regime, or what is it?

Given the airspeed (comparable to 860 TAS for the Su-27) it’s the intercept profile for full mil power. So it’s speed with fuel economy.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.