Help w/ TM MFD panels

SailorDoc4781

Hey guys and gals, can you please help. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I am running DCS latest version, with TM Warthog HOTAS. I'm trying to learn the F18-C. Being an old Navy guy onboard USS Nimitz circa 1980, figured I'd better stick with the Navy stuff. I recently purchased the TM MFD panels. What software do I need in order to get them running the above jet in DCS? I have d/l TARGET software. Is this needed or can I simply map the buttons using system in DCS? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also what is CTS? Thank you

All you need to do is go into dcs and map each button to pb1-20. I believe pb1 is the first button in the top row in the hornet. No additional software necessary.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Actually in the Hornet button 1 is the bottom left. Goes clockwise from there (up and then across the top).

I use two MFDs for my Hornet 'pit, but they are not mapped to the actual DDI buttons. I just bound whatever functions I wanted to each button, like A/A and A/G master mode buttons, or open/close canopy, for example.

I also created a PowerPoint template to print out card inserts to label the buttons. I've attached the file. Just overtype the button labels and print out on cardstock.

pit_hedgehog_4.jpg

Cougar Template 02.zip

Edited by VFA41_Hedgehog

bahog2trn.gif
VFA-41 Black Aces
www.vfa-41.com

I found the MFD buttons were already mapped in both A10 and F18. Obviously the AMPCD is not mapped, but I use a spare assignment on my throttle as a press and hold "left ALT" . then all my left mfd buttons with LALT are mapped to the AMPCD.

Since the F18 DDIs dont have topcorner rockers, I have the top rockers mapped to other useful functions. (Left Top left = AA/AG modes; Left top Right= BINGO setting; Right Top Left = HDG, Right top right = Course)

Edited by Ourorborus

I found the MFD buttons were already mapped in both A10 and F18. Obviously the AMPCD is not mapped, but I use a spare assignment on my throttle as a press and hold "left ALT" . then all my left mfd buttons with LALT are mapped to the AMPCD.

Since the F18 DDIs dont have topcorner rockers, I have the top rockers mapped to other useful functions. (Left Top left = AA/AG modes; Left top Right= BINGO setting; Right Top Left = HDG, Right top right = Course)

you can also use a HOTAS button as a modifier, the joy pinky lever is usually chosen so you double the bindings.

For instance I have the modifier + castle switch to F1 cockpit and F2, F3 and F6 external views.

Modifier + throttle Coolie hat for kneeboard controls.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle