Building a new MonsterTech rig

RogueSqdn

Looks great, and makes me wonder if I should've gone with a black cockpit!  I still think I'd obsess over scratches, though.

Here's a couple of shots of the current state of the cockpit:  The ICP is from TekCreations, and I also have the TotalControls MFBB mounted on the right side.  In order to get in and out, I have to loosen the MFD/ICP post and lean it back, and tighten it back down when I sit down.

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Thanks 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Thanks… I worked nine years doing cable/sat installs. Thank God I’m not doing it anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 4 months later...

So, three months after ordering the cockpit and four months after ordering the chair, I now have my new MTS/MPS rig.  Due to a lot of OT at work this past week, it's taken me a week to tear down the old cockpit and assemble the new one.

Here's a few pictures I took along the way.  I should note that I ordered the MTS Desk but have not yet received the keyboard tray and sliders, but should have them in the next few days.

nullnull

nullnull

frame.jpeg

rear.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

On 5/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, RogueSqdn said:

So, three months after ordering the cockpit and four months after ordering the chair, I now have my new MTS/MPS rig.  Due to a lot of OT at work this past week, it's taken me a week to tear down the old cockpit and assemble the new one.

Here's a few pictures I took along the way.  I should note that I ordered the MTS Desk but have not yet received the keyboard tray and sliders, but should have them in the next few days.

nullnull

nullnull

frame.jpeg

rear.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Black is better. 

Did your remove Jetseat patch? 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Yes. Just used a thread ripper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

The keyboard tray arrived earlier this week along with the Orion2 from Winwing.  I also reversed the two armrests as they were bumping into the HOTAS mounts and couldn't be slid back any further.  Here's an updated photo:

IMG_0366.JPEG

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Thanks 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I'm pretty happy with it so far.  The main reason I wanted it vs my previous chair is the lack of side bolsters.  It's a LOT more comfortable in VR to twist around and click switches.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few reasons for upgrading. 

1) Changed design of the keyboard tray. Before if I wanted to type I’d have to reach over and grab my keyboard then put it in my lap. Not stable. 

2) Rudder pedal tray. I had to made several modifications to the MTX to get pedals where I wanted them. The redesign fixes this issue and allows for changing it easily anytime. 

3) The HOTAS mounts swing out to the side when not in use, allowing easier entry/exit. 

4) The MPS chair. The lack of side bolsters helps in BR, plus the design makes the mounting position a lot more customizable. The at my shoulder blades are makes my centering in VR difficult. Being able to twist the chair left/right makes it easier. 

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

• 4 months later...

Got the Winwing MIP and MT Keyboard mount within the past few weeks.  Not going to use the displays for now as I mostly fly VR, but worsening vision may change that, so I bought the full TopGun MIP to future proof myself.

image.jpeg

Edited by RogueSqdn
  • Like 2

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler