Game freezes and unfreezes every 10-20 seconds

Hi there.

I’m having a weird issue with my dcs, it seems to be intermittent in nature some nights it’s fine others not.

The issue is that the game does these little mini freezes where every 10-30 seconds (in multiplayer) it does a little freeze maybe 2-5 seconds then it comes back and then we go through it all again and so on and so on.

First off I have not had this problem before, only seems to be from the 2 most recent patches that I’m having the problem.

I have the game on an ssd, graphics configured for performance and enough ram, and I’ve never had the issue before as I said. I have also tried repairing the game and doing the metashaders and fxo stuff too.

The server I’m playing on is a server machine that’s next to my machine which I lan too and all my mates connect to, they are not having the issue on their machines

Some times it happens some times not. It seems that of I boot the game up and leave it sit there for 30min to an hour it dosent happen but it does if I just boot and play,

It is most noticeable in mp where it happens every 10-20 seconds, It does happen in single player but the time Between the occurrences is a lot longer

I’ve tired everything I know, now I need your help, what’s happening and how do i fix it?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

I'm actually seeing a similar thing in single player. My machine is at the bare low end of specs for DCS, but it never happened before the last update. I can't help feeling like missions of similar complexity ran ok before. I know with my machine I cannot expect blistering performance, but these freeze ups are new.

I just don’t know what’s causing it, my set up is by no means at the high end but it’s also not the lowest, and as both of us have said it wasn’t happening before the last updates.

The strange thing is that it seems to go away if I just leave it there parked in the jet for long enough before I start to ay the game. I had no trouble last week with it, it was on the same mission doing the same things and everything was fine, this week it’s back. There has been no change to the pc or the game in that time

Hi, it may be some external process doing its thing in the background. Someone recently had this kind of issue and he thought this was due to his Track ir. But after many many tryouts, he decided to remove unneeded software, then the issue disappeared completely.

I propose you both try to boot in Windows safe mode, then play and see if this still happens. You can trigger the safe mode using the 'msconfig' Windows uyility. It needs a reboot.

By the way, what is your antivirus software?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I use mbam,

I’ll give the safe mode thing a go.

It’s worth a shot, the biggest issue is that nothing other than dcs has changed and altho it does happen in single player it’s horrific in multiplayer. But eliminating everything possible is a great start.

Currently battling with the same issue. Uninstalled and performed a fresh install for Nvida drivers , HD audio drivers. Shut down any external programs and checked with task manager to see if I could see any spiking which sadly nothing stands out, I am at a complete loss at this stage at what is causing this, also happening with a driving game Wreckfest, but XP11 is runn8ng perfectly fine and smooth.

My specs are below are that machine is quite a comfy mid range machine which up till a few weeks ago, ran beautifully without issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

The issue is that the game does these little mini freezes where every 10-30 seconds

I've had similar issues. DCS was stuttering every 13-14 seconds. The solution was to delete DCS-bios entries in export.lua

Before that, "Malwarebytes" were doing the same.

Edited by dukovac

I've been struggling with this as well. It appears for me, the issue may have been Malwarebytes. I excluded DCS from that program, and the game has been running smoothly this morning. I'm cautiously optimistic and hope it keeps up; I got up this morning planning to roll back to 2.5.5, but decided to try this first. Glad I did.

I swear I tried just about every other fix I've read about.

ive done everything suggested, im not on 2004, this is a clean install of windows, turned off game mode, put all the exclusions into mbam, madesure there's non dcsbios in the export

ill check back with results soon

Ive been looking into this as well. I found this little device, not sure of it yet... I'm evaluating

check it out... configuring process is easy and straight forward.

i wanted to report that i tried this and the task is working. my cached memory does not go above 600 MB. i also changed the page file to custom and 16384 (16 x 1024). i have 32 GB of RAM and an SSD so the page file change is probably not necessary. before i did changes my cached memory was 7.5 GB +.

Edited by silverdevil
grammar

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...