SU-57 Felon EFM Build

I need a livery without national insignia, so I make a very rough one by modding one of the skin, for myself.

Screen_220823_224616.jpgScreen_220823_224605.jpgScreen_220823_224548.jpgScreen_220823_224532.jpg

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:18 AM, cubanace said:

Giving the fact that this is only research and learning project on my behalf, no the cockpit does not have to be 100% accurate at the moment but I wish I could make it better but there is just not enough information, this is a project i have worked alone for over 4+ years, the community has done a great job helping me with some skins but in regards coding and everything else is on me.

The cockpit will be updated once I get pictures and more understanding on what dials and switches do Ect.

Well, I saw this and thought of your post here. In case you haven't seen it. Not only does it have plethora of information but it has references to other places to find even more info:

Since you're working on the EFM model I'm wondering if L-Band radar can eve be modeled on the DCS engine to put on a plane. What's interesting also, is not only the brief references to the cockpit interior, which we discussed  and how it has "see through body" feature for low level flight similar to the F-35 with an HMD in conjunction with the regular HUD, but also how the thrust vectoring can be used to reduce drag and increase efficiency at high speeds using some form of trim. That's what I was able to peruse, this video is almost 2 hours of details.

Edited by einarabelc5

10 hours ago, einarabelc5 said:

Well, I saw this and thought of your post here. In case you haven't seen it. Not only does it have plethora of information but it has references to other places to find even more info:

Since you're working on the EFM model I'm wondering if L-Band radar can eve be modeled on the DCS engine to put on a plane. What's interesting also, is not only the brief references to the cockpit interior, which we discussed  and how it has "see through body" feature for low level flight similar to the F-35 with an HMD in conjunction with the regular HUD, but also how the thrust vectoring can be used to reduce drag and increase efficiency at high speeds using some form of trim. That's what I was able to peruse, this video is almost 2 hours of details.

Sorry, wrong video. That one is old. This is the one:

• Like 2

Hello, 

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but .. the link in your userfiles is no more existing "Element is not found"

I found a version to download but not from the official links with deosn't seem to work, it locks DCS and then it crashes, the file i download is "SU-57 Felon Public Build.7z"

attached the erros i get, i suspect i downloaded an older version maybe ? if so where to download the version ? the link to the original google drive says "the files are in the user trashbin "

Thank you !

errors.log

31 minutes ago, otto in the cat said:

Hello, 

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but .. the link in your userfiles is no more existing "Element is not found"

I found a version to download but not from the official links with deosn't seem to work, it locks DCS and then it crashes, the file i download is "SU-57 Felon Public Build.7z"

attached the erros i get, i suspect i downloaded an older version maybe ? if so where to download the version ? the link to the original google drive says "the files are in the user trashbin "

Thank you !

errors.log 7.41 kB · 1 download

SU-57 EFM Build 03 is Here!

SU-57 EFM Thrust Vectoring is Finally Here (WIP).

What's included in build 03:

#1 AL41 Engines: Acceleration updated; Super cruise Added, Response time Added from 0% to full mil power.

#2 FM: Low speed and High speed CFD Studies added on each control surface, Such as Lev cons, these are noted without the use of TVC.

#3 Lights: Added Two Stages for Navigation and Taxy Lights.

#4 Nozzles Animation: Updated movement and rotation of the TVC Nozzles to form a V (More will come and fixed).

#5 Thrust Vectoring key binds:

( F ) : Triggers Stage 1 Thrust Vectoring, mostly more affective during extremely low speeds where Stall is imminent.

( B) : Triggers Stage 2 Thrust Vectoring, mostly affective during High speeds, meant to Force Drag and Slow you down Quick and Also gives you the ability to pull harder.

TVC Notes: Stage 1 and 2 can be used together, Stage 1 Triggers Pitch, Roll and Yaw while Stage 2 triggers only Pitch Axis.

BUGs:

TVC and Fm Known to Produce Extra Momentum, the aircraft will accelerate on its own while banking or coming out of a tvc maneuver (Will be Fixed).

SU-57 Fm Build 03 Download 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t4PRNeyB6gaq0E2BCHx6x71GhpBZg-y_/view?usp=sharing

CubanAce Discord link:    https://discord.gg/erWqmQK

CubanAce FaceBook:         Cubanace | Facebook

Edited by cubanace
Edit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, cubanace said:

#5 Thrust Vectoring key binds:

( F ) : Triggers Stage 1 Thrust Vectoring, mostly more affective during extremely low speeds where Stall is imminent.

( B) : Triggers Stage 2 Thrust Vectoring, mostly affective during High speeds, meant to Force Drag and Slow you down Quick and Also gives you the ability to pull harder.

TVC Notes: Stage 1 and 2 can be used together, Stage 1 Triggers Pitch, Roll and Yaw while Stage 2 triggers only Pitch Axis.

I cannot find the key binds. Help please. And is there any AI for the plane?  Thanks.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

19 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

I cannot find the key binds. Help please. And is there any AI for the plane?  Thanks.

Yes there is AI, just pick skill level instead of player.

Key binds are F for stage 1 thrust Vectoring and B for second Stage pitch limiter off.

All control surfaces work together while TVC is active.

Second Stage is also great to bleed a lot off energy and force opponent to overshoot depending on manuver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cubanace said:

Yes there is AI, just pick skill level instead of player.

Key binds are F for stage 1 thrust Vectoring and B for second Stage pitch limiter off.

All control surfaces work together while TVC is active.

Second Stage is also great to bleed a lot off energy and force opponent to overshoot depending on manuver.

About AI:

I find it may need to have a bit work as the "Veteran" level just turns and not demonstrating defensive nor offensive maneuver. It may be just me.

I take this back, it can do some amazing thing, even at "Veteran" level and randomly show off some really neat trick, but not the level you find in the movies...

About the key bindings, I cannot find any...

Screen_220825_170953.jpg

Screen_220825_171029.jpg

Please help.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

About AI:

I find it may need to have a bit work as the "Veteran" level just turns and not demonstrating defensive nor offensive maneuver. It may be just me.

I take this back, it can do some amazing thing, even at "Veteran" level and randomly show off some really neat trick, but not the level you find in the movies...

About the key bindings, I cannot find any...

Screen_220825_170953.jpg

Screen_220825_171029.jpg

Please help.

Have you even played Flaming Cliffs or eve the free Su-25t that comes with the game before?

F is normally to turn Flaps on and off and B is the same for the Air Brakes. They HAVE to be there. use those terms to look.

Thanks, I may have been mistaken that the F key is for manual thrust control or something like that.

• Like 1

Really enjoying this mod.  However, my friend has this problem where he can chose the plane, but once in the cockpit it’s all blank and nothing works.  He has Su33 installed.  What might be the problem?  Other mods like the Gripen, Grennilli F22, and the A4 work fine.  

Dell XPS 7100 = AMD 1075T Phenom II (6 cores @ 3.0ghz). 6 GB DDR3 RAM. AMD HD 5870 1 GB, Win 7 64 Bit, Track IR 4, X52 Pro, CH rudder pedals. 22" Dell Full HD LED monitor.

12 hours ago, 2GvSAP_Mohawk said:

Really enjoying this mod.  However, my friend has this problem where he can chose the plane, but once in the cockpit it’s all blank and nothing works.  He has Su33 installed.  What might be the problem?  Other mods like the Gripen, Grennilli F22, and the A4 work fine.  

Same here, when launched it freezes DCS OB latest version completely. Works fine in DCS stable though 

1 hour ago, Fab8ball said:

Same here, when launched it freezes DCS OB latest version completely. Works fine in DCS stable though .

Your friend needs FC3 installed, won't work with SU-33.

If you guys navigate to entry Lua and scroll down you will find 3 different Make flyable declarations.

One is for use of FC3.

Other is SU-25 .

And last is Standalone.

Activate the last one to run the Mod without FC3.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:22 AM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Thanks, I may have been mistaken that the F key is for manual thrust control or something like that.

Yes the F key activates thrust vectoring mode 1 and B mode 2.

Flaps and all other surfaces work together while thrust vectoring.

This was more of a short cut to get things going, in the future if I have free time I will update.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cubanace said:

If you guys navigate to entry Lua and scroll down you will find 3 different Make flyable declarations.

One is for use of FC3.

Other is SU-25 .

And last is Standalone.

This was more of a short cut to get things going, in the future if I have free time I will update.

Strange, I already have FC3. BTW Tried Su-25 and own avionics, same issue. the whole DCS freezes, need to close it with task manager. I also have removed all other mods from aircraft folder, tried again, same issue, so it's not related to conflicts with other mods.

16 minutes ago, Fab8ball said:

Strange, I already have FC3. BTW Tried Su-25 and own avionics, same issue. the whole DCS freezes, need to close it with task manager. I also have removed all other mods from aircraft folder, tried again, same issue, so it's not related to conflicts with other mods.

Attach the DCS.Log files

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

4 hours ago, cubanace said:

One is for use of FC3.

Other is SU-25 .

And last is Standalone.

Thanks.  I’ll pass on the info to him.  I’ll report back if it worked or otherwise.  

Dell XPS 7100 = AMD 1075T Phenom II (6 cores @ 3.0ghz). 6 GB DDR3 RAM. AMD HD 5870 1 GB, Win 7 64 Bit, Track IR 4, X52 Pro, CH rudder pedals. 22" Dell Full HD LED monitor.

Something inside the cockpit textures are absolutely destroying my framerate ingame. External view get 100+ fps, inside its slowed down to below 20 fps. 🤔

edit: something happening while flying absolutely drags down framerate. no idea exactly what it is. comes and goes.

Edited by VFA41_Lion

You need either the FC3 module or the Su-27 module.