SU-57 Felon EFM Build

On 9/20/2021 at 5:42 PM, Fab8ball said:

seems not working anymore in 2.7.8. it blocks the whole mission editor, no payload allowed, mission does not start. Any fix?

Thanks

I'm on the latest OB and it did work for me but I flew the -57 in an old mission. I did not try to make a new mission in ME. I'll try that today. One weirdness I observed is that after playing the Su-57 mission, the MP servers tagged me as "not a pure client". After restarting DCS, everything was fine, though. It really will be too bad if the -57 stopped working - it's such a fantastic mod!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the newest version from Cubabnaces facebook page. As of now, it is a bit of a toss-up regarding whether or not this mod properly works in Open Beta in my opinion. For one, it can still occasionally cause the mission editor to glitch out and require a complete restart of DCS World, (Note: this is also produced in 2.7 Open Beta by the A-29 Tucano mod also, so I do not fault this mod completely for this problem). Also, though it does work in missions, certain flight-envelope/air combat maneuvering situations in which the AI is piloting the aircraft will cause it to become frozen upside down in mid-air. After which it slowly descends towards the ground upon which it crashes like any other failing aircraft. I really do love this mod, but it is still very buggy from what I can see. I hope that it gets fixed to the point that these bugs stop inhibiting my use of it in missions as I would like the F-22 mod to have proper competition besides the poorly textured J-20 mod.😕

Link to the latest version from Cubanaces FaceBook page: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe4v1jzv5o1r8uk/SU-57 Felon.7z?dl=0

I just put together a very simple A2A mission with both the F-22 Raptor mod, and the SU-57 Felon mod to try and provide a better way of describing the issues I am seeing with the Felon currently. Note that only the AI pilots seem to have the weird FM bug/error when flying the Felon from what I can tell. I have provided the mission file down below for others to have. 

Felon-Debugging-TM1.miz

On 12/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, RaptorFighter said:

I worked on this flight model for myself. Therefore, this option has much better flight characteristics than the Cubanace.

New link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlhzfx66mlg4ugy/Su-57.rar?dl=0

Fixed DLZ of missiles after update 2.7.9.17830

Good work and thanks for making this available.

One big issue - one needs to be able to delete the pylons when loading up the Su-57.

Screen_211226_194734.png

In view of the fact that on 12/05/2021 the developer and owner of the mod Cubanace posted an updated version of the mod, I ask everyone to use the mod owned by the developer. The link of my personal version of this mod on the hosting Dropbox will no longer work. I apologize if I offended anyone. If you are interested in getting the mod in my own version, please contact me in PM.

Безымянный.png

Edited by RaptorFighter
Дополнение
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, flavnet said:

The Su-57 is fully functional in the stable version (also updated to date). Unfortunately it no longer works in the Beta.

Here is the latest release for DCS Open Beta.

Download at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe4v1jzv5o1r8uk/SU-57 Felon.7z?dl=0

Screenshots will cover what's new.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_9_29_2021_1_26_15_PM.png

ModelViewer2_0_c__users_izadi_saved_games_dcs.openbeta_mods_aircraft_su-57_felon_cockpit_shape_cockpit_su-57.edm_cockpit_view_11_23_2021_11_51_34_AM-2.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_10_12_2021_8_20_38_AM.png

ModelViewer2_0_c__users_izadi_saved_games_dcs.openbeta_mods_aircraft_su-57_felon_cockpit_shape_cockpit_su-57.edm_cockpit_view_11_24_2021_6_49_48_PM_2-3.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_10_2_2021_6_12_36_PM.png

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Hi CubanAce, 

Could you consider moving your code to github.com, and also use it as the main distribution point?
Much like the A-4E-C Skyhawk and A-29B Tucano.

Edited by pappavis
  • Like 1

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

32 minutes ago, Urbi said:

The users don't need someone here who constantly starts new things

Putting the source on Github, and allow intrested parties to check out the code, submit  bugfixes would greatly benefit all.

• Like 1

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

11 hours ago, Urbi said:

Hello Cubanace!
It's amazing how everything gets worse with you. Take a look at your own model in the normals view in the model viewer. There is no such thing as a normally smooth, modeled surface. Furthermore, the bump map level is completely missing. In the model edm from October 22nd, 2020, which you sent me at the time, you had this activated. I had sent you the Bump Map.dds that I had created for this purpose. This was a normal to the model. The currently used one simply has no meaning because it is a Roughmet, but the actual Bort 01_roughMet.dds is loaded for the model. The Weapons.lua crashes the simulator. Not enough that you have broken all of your other mods or have banned them from the download, your new project of the Yak-38 is just as badly modeled as the Su-57 presented here. I just have to look at the textures. Don't leave it easy and annoying the users with your eternal imposture. I will never forgive you that you crushed the Mig-23UB, although you would also have had the possibility of the one free from the creator of the UB
Mig-23 can be edited, modified and converted into an EDM. The users don't need someone here who constantly starts new things and doesn't finish them, or who then deletes them all again.
Take care of your family, that would be better. New year's resolutions for you should be real and honest projects that can be created in good quality. Happy and healthy New Year.

Hello Urbi unfortunately I been doing worse and slower , I haven't been able to recover, I still have a crappy laptop and not the needed tools to do things professionally not like if I were a professional because I am not but I try .

I use Paint.net for texturing because that's the only thing that my laptop can run.

I had Covid and also had a baby so yeah Family comes first, My projects are moving extremely slow and limited with what I can achieve at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hi I downloaded the latest version from a couple of posts above this one but the exterior model won't load (cockpit does) - anyone else with such problem? Or any idea what could be wrong? This is how it looks like (missiles load and you can even the exaust but the plane model isn't there):

Screen_220104_190904.png

Hello 1MajorKoenig,
it depends if you are using the stable version or the Beta. Cubanace in his penultimate post indicated a link for the version suitable for the Beta. I have to admit it's not quite a satisfying version (there are annoying bugs). But the plane is visible and the main systems work.