Streamdeck XL ???

Those who use an Elgato Streamdeck of any size for DCS, would you go for the XL size if you could, and price was not a factor?

Or is the regular size 15 key all you want? Is the XL with 32 keys... is it too much, or just right?

I'm thinking of getting one, but my local store has regular 15 key in stock, but the XL is out of stock, and I don't know if there's a reason for me to wait for the big one. Theoretically the larger would be better... but maybe that just doesn't really apply for actual use? Maybe it's "too much" of a good thing? Too cumbersome? Too much space on the table? Maybe other people's pre-made libraries are all for the normal size 15 key, and the XL might then often have a bunch of empty keys?

I don't know, let me know your opinions if you have actually used one of these products for a while in DCS. The price is not a factor for me, I want to know which is most useful for DCS in your opinions! :)

HI

Go for it. If price is not the problem, then the XL will be the item to get.

I went from the mid to the XL and love it.

Yes, it's not cheap that's for sure, but it's so vercitile and not only for DCS. You can use it for any other program on your computer. Change the volume, pause unpause music, turn lights on/off......... you name it.

I'd say, get it.

I have it, love it.

TL'DR = YES

i got mine before the mini or XL came out and i love it if the XL was available i would of got it instead. i dont upgrade to the XL because i would rather spend my money elsewhere.

BUT! if some one would buy the XL for me i would love it i can now make a UFC for my jets

Definitely go with the XL if you can justify the expense, you will not be disappointed in the long run.

9BE1F2BF-FD6D-43F4-8DE8-E7B0878C661E.thumb.jpeg.37a319ab99df7aa1a5dcd6b64623a0ba.jpeg

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

If you’re already a DCS player, chances are that you’re most of the way to being an addict, at which point man Maths Kicks in, and any DCS purchase, hardware or software will eventually seem just a normal thing to buy.

Just give in now to the XL, and save yourself the agony of your belief in having a choice

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I run 2 standards on my Next Level Racing rig on 3D printed mounts I designed.

I have an XL that I keep on my desk for other controls.

I also have a mini that I use for other functions that do not need that many buttons.

Yes, I have a Stream Deck addiction.

But they all have their uses and purposes. I fly mainly in VR so I dont actually use them as much as I could/should, but I have some basic mappings on them. One example is a folder that is just getting things started in the F14... Hide stick, loadout, O2, Ejection seat, launch bar, kneel, salute, etc. Then I go back to the main menu for other options. One folder is for the walkman. Another is for the kneeboard. I use it for keyboard commands that are not normally a function of the plane itself.

I have a Logi rollerball on a platform on the left side of the rig I use for clicking buttons in the pit outside of my acm panel.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes