I have a question about both Serpent's Heads... :)

M1Combat

I just completed the first mission in Nevada of the first serpent's head campaign...

When on the last leg of the carrier landing in mission two I dropped it in the drink when I got a phone call. I knew I should have paused it :).

Anyhow... I jumped out, ended mission jumped back in and now it says I have to start at the first mission again.

I don't want to.

Also...

I understand this is a standard DCS campaign structure and many campaigns do this.

So...

There wouldn't happen to be versions of the BOTH Serpent's head campaigns that let you retry missions without having to go back to the mission before if you fail the current one?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I just completed the first mission in Nevada of the first serpent's head campaign...

When on the last leg of the carrier landing in mission two I dropped it in the drink when I got a phone call. I knew I should have paused it :).

Anyhow... I jumped out, ended mission jumped back in and now it says I have to start at the first mission again.

I don't want to.

Also...

I understand this is a standard DCS campaign structure and many campaigns do this.

So...

There wouldn't happen to be versions of the BOTH Serpent's head campaigns that let you retry missions without having to go back to the mission before if you fail the current one?

Hi, The campaign has not been designed to send you back to the beginning if you fail a mission. I also find that frustrating and so in this campaign if you fail you just have to re-fly the mission you just failed.

In your instance it could have been a glitch when you went into the drink and left it a while when under the water or the way you saved the game when you came back to it . There are two options if I remember.

If you do not want to play the missions as a campaign then simply copy all the campaign .miz files and put them in your missions folder and you can play them one at a time as simple missions.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I don't want to.

You can select CLOSE in the debriefing screen. No progress evaluated, campaign status remains unchanged. This works with any campaign. :smartass:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.