ships

upyr1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, Rakkis said:

Well Gentlemen,

I regret to inform you I did not win the $1.55 Billion Dollar Mega Millions Lottery, so I will not be able to start a 3rd Party Module Development Company to bring the OS2U Kingfisher and the North Carolina, Baltimore, and Cleveland Class Ships to launch her from to DCS. 

Apologies.

Cleveland Class- make sue it has the square bridge. I want the OKC to look right. 

• 3 months later...

If we just have modules for only the F4U-1D and the F6F-?  If we can also have AI versions of the SBD Dauntless, SB2C Helldiver, TBF Avenger on the USN side; and on the IJN side, something like this...

...I think it would be cool.  Eventually making all of these to be modules....someday.

Kaga air group.PNG

54 minutes ago, Andrew8604 said:

If we just have modules for only the F4U-1D and the F6F-?  If we can also have AI versions of the SBD Dauntless, SB2C Helldiver, TBF Avenger on the USN side; and on the IJN side, something like this...

...I think it would be cool.  Eventually making all of these to be modules....someday.

Kaga air group.PNG

That's a 1942 IJN plane set. You'd really need and F4F as opponents for them.

A6M2 was replaced in service by the A6M3 Models 32 and 22 before F6F and F4U arrive.

D3A2 was beginning to be phased out of service by the time Hellcats and Corsairs enter the picture, in favour of the D4Y "Judy".

Even the B5N2 whilst still quite prevalent was starting to be replaced by The B6N1/2.

• Like 2

Yeah we need complete sets of aircraft even of the Majority are AI, the Hellcat needs stuff to eacort to targets and also need targets to shoot down.

• Like 3

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:15 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

That's a 1942 IJN plane set. You'd really need and F4F as opponents for them.

A6M2 was replaced in service by the A6M3 Models 32 and 22 before F6F and F4U arrive.

D3A2 was beginning to be phased out of service by the time Hellcats and Corsairs enter the picture, in favour of the D4Y "Judy".

Even the B5N2 whilst still quite prevalent was starting to be replaced by The B6N1/2.

Yes, just a picture I found (to mention their designators is one thing, better to see pictures).  That would be more of a set for a Battle of Midway.  A Battle of Philippine Sea (or later) set would be fine, too...or both.  AI to start with, and later on maybe some of them developed into modules...especially the A6M, which I'm sure would be popular (I realize that could be many years later on).

We don't always have to stick to the exact historical aircraft matchups in DCS.  I'm sure an AI piloted A6M2 would be more than a match for my skills in an F6F or F4U. 😁  And even a Val dive-bomber would probably still be dangerous to a ship with Mk51 directed quad 40mm and Mk33 directed 5" 38's with proximity-fused shells...especially a dozen Val's.  If we ever get AI ships equipped with those systems.  Oh, to be able to operate a Mk51 director on a Sumner-class destroyer with a quad 40mm mount linked up to it, in VR...but that's another wish.