VKB GLADIATOR NXT - Entry Level Taken to the NXT Level

UIV

A New Member of VKB Family

Hw4Z9xz.png

Here Cometh VKB Gladiator NXT, a Next Generation modular desktop control system.

A totally new entry level solution for desktop use, expandable to suit practically all needs of a virtual professional/commercial pilot.

Gladiator NXT with a choice of 4 grips is here. Add-on modules are around the corner.

J7a4FM2.png

Modules?

Modules. The joystick itself (including a fully new base, and a well known VKB SCG) is the core of an open architecture project that you will custom build for yourself using different modules!

Grips: SCG Standard in right and left hand variants, plus SCG Premium, also right and left.

The base is symmetrical, so lefties will have exactly the same layout of the base righties do.

Compact, comfortable, flexible, expandable. Ergonomic design, a blend of innovation and tradition, VKB's trademark meticulous engineering.

Extremely tactile. Once you touch the controls and roll those wheels, you will forget popping bubble wrap. Whenever facing a serious choice or having a decision to make, you will just roll those wheels back and forth. Trust me, you will.

Radically new gimbal. Sturdy, strong, wear-proof. Made of a glassfiber reinforced PA plastic.

KUfz3qi.png

Laconic layout: only 2 cables inside the whole thing.

Solid metal baseplate with silicone non-sliding feet.

High quality materials and parts.

Why we call it modular? Because of the modules, that's is why!

gV8nb7o.png

SEM - Side Extension Module.

THQ - Throttle Quadrant Module.

FSM - Front Switchboard Module - another highly customizable part of the system. Will be marketed in 2 versions:

a - FSM-DIY, for those whose best friends are Soldering Iron and Screwdriver. Internal PCB supports up to 32 buttons. Can work with buttons, toggle switches, encoders.

b - FSM-GA, for General Aviation.

Also we will later roll out FSMs for Commercial Aviation, WWII Piston Airplanes, Modern Combat Aviation, and Space Sims.

All modules can work independently or as parts of the system, by connecting one to another. They can be plugged into the Gladiator NXT, or directly into USB port.

Now, honestly, does it still look like an "entry level" device??

A few words on compatibility.

To make sure the grip mount stands up to structural strength and integrity of the new gimbal the grips are not meant to be replaced on the fly. However once you feel you're ready to upgrade to Gunfighter base, you will still be able to transfer these grips to your new base by replacing one single plastic part in its mount.

RRP:

GNX standard - 120 USD

GNX premium - 150 USD

Available 17 August 2020, orders will be mailed out in about a week. You will help us mail your order out faster by visiting your dealer's site and using Notify Me function.

Modules will be available in 4th quarter 2020 (all preparation done, on the way to mass production, just need to wait up in line). RRP: starting at 50 USD.

And by the way, if you don't want to buy the new VKB Gladiator NXT - no problem. Win it!

12 Aug, on VKB Youtube channel. The winner will be picked 18 Aug. As usually, not only we will send you a free device, but we will also take care of shipment.

That's it, pilots. At ease. Enjoy your day.

Edited by UIV

Nice looking kit- though I cannot think of a possible reason why you might have wanted to lead with a number of GA orientated modules ;)

Are you able to see if the upcomming TEC throttle will be using the same modular tech ?

And also is the new grip connector and extension that fits onto the current Rev B Grip connector and if so will we be able to buy extras to mount onto existing grips ?

Nice looking kit- though I cannot think of a possible reason why you might have wanted to lead with a number of GA orientated modules ;)

We just started. Modules for modern combat aircraft are coming soon.

Are you able to see if the upcomming TEC throttle will be using the same modular tech ?

Of course!

And also is the new grip connector and extension that fits onto the current Rev B Grip connector and if so will we be able to buy extras to mount onto existing grips ?

No extensions, no Rev.B connector. But can use GNX-SCG for GF base. Just need to change a twist adapter (near 15usd)

I feel like EU is getting (pardon the pun) short end of the stick.

It's 120 USD for US customers but 142 EUR (167 USD) for EU customers. :(

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gladiator-nxt

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gladiator-nxt/

I know it's not your fault VKB. Bloody EU with it's EUR.

The EUR has nothing to do with that. It's the VAT. A tax that was not invented by the EU. We've had it here long before my country joined the EU (and fir instance Serbia, Switzerland and Norway have it, too).

Prices in the US store are without sales tax, that comes on top of the 120 USD.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I feel like EU is getting (pardon the pun) short end of the stick.

It's 120 USD for US customers but 142 EUR (167 USD) for EU customers. :(

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gladiator-nxt

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gladiator-nxt/

I know it's not your fault VKB. Bloody EU with it's EUR.

EU price already INCLUDE VAT and all import duties. Also delivery cost inside EU is much cheaper.

If we compare the final price (product cost + delivery) for client, joysticks in Europe will cost even a little cheaper than in the USA.

Will the side extension module have a throttle? It looks like it does in the picture, but I’m not sure. Also, I am considering getting a gunfighter mk3 stick. Will it be possible to integrate the side extension module directly to the gunfighter stick, or would it have to plugged in as a separate controller via USB?

Hello VKB i have a quick question, will the grip work without being attached to the base? I have a ms ffb2 and i wanna mod a different grip to it and it would be the best solution for me if i could plug in the base and use the buttons and encoders as an extra box but would have attached the grip on to my ffb2 with working buttons and without a lot of tinkering.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

It looks you guys are out of stock already. Do you anticipate restocking these? Im back and forth on this or the gunfighter....

Also, do you think the next restock will be the same NXT model, or will the will there be changes to the design?

Also...sorry too many questions, on the NXT I see two wheels on either side of the throttle. Are these what are refered to as the “encoders”? They are labeled as en1 and en2, so on first impression it makes me think that they are left and right throttles for twins.

Hello VKB i have a quick question, will the grip work without being attached to the base? I have a ms ffb2 and i wanna mod a different grip to it and it would be the best solution for me if i could plug in the base and use the buttons and encoders as an extra box but would have attached the grip on to my ffb2 with working buttons and without a lot of tinkering.

You need the Blackbox. Can connect the grip to the Blackbox, Blackbox connect to USB.

You can not connect the grip to the main FFB2 controller PCB.

It looks you guys are out of stock already. Do you anticipate restocking these? Im back and forth on this or the gunfighter....

Also, do you think the next restock will be the same NXT model, or will the will there be changes to the design?

Also...sorry too many questions, on the NXT I see two wheels on either side of the throttle. Are these what are refered to as the “encoders”? They are labeled as en1 and en2, so on first impression it makes me think that they are left and right throttles for twins.

We open NXT sales tomorrow. Send goods by sea (50-60 days delivery time) or can use China Airlift option (1-2 weeks)

We open NXT sales tomorrow. Send goods by sea (50-60 days delivery time) or can use China Airlift option (1-2 weeks)

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification.

I still am not sure I understand what the two wheels are for, next to the throttle. They say en 1 and en 2. Does that mean they can be used as throttles axes for twin engine aircraft, or does it mean encoder 1 and 2. What do encoders do exactly?

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification.

I still am not sure I understand what the two wheels are for, next to the throttle. They say en 1 and en 2. Does that mean they can be used as throttles axes for twin engine aircraft, or does it mean encoder 1 and 2. What do encoders do exactly?

Check the scroll wheel on your mouse. It's an encoder.

• 3 weeks later...
A New Member of VKB Family

Hw4Z9xz.png

Here Cometh VKB Gladiator NXT, a Next Generation modular desktop control system.

A totally new entry level solution for desktop use, expandable to suit practically all needs of a virtual professional/commercial pilot.

Gladiator NXT with a choice of 4 grips is here. Add-on modules are around the corner.

J7a4FM2.png

Modules?

Modules. The joystick itself (including a fully new base, and a well known VKB SCG) is the core of an open architecture project that you will custom build for yourself using different modules!

Grips: SCG Standard in right and left hand variants, plus SCG Premium, also right and left.

The base is symmetrical, so lefties will have exactly the same layout of the base righties do.

Compact, comfortable, flexible, expandable. Ergonomic design, a blend of innovation and tradition, VKB's trademark meticulous engineering.

Extremely tactile. Once you touch the controls and roll those wheels, you will forget popping bubble wrap. Whenever facing a serious choice or having a decision to make, you will just roll those wheels back and forth. Trust me, you will.

Radically new gimbal. Sturdy, strong, wear-proof. Made of a glassfiber reinforced PA plastic.

KUfz3qi.png

Laconic layout: only 2 cables inside the whole thing.

Solid metal baseplate with silicone non-sliding feet.

High quality materials and parts.

Why we call it modular? Because of the modules, that's is why!

gV8nb7o.png

SEM - Side Extension Module.

THQ - Throttle Quadrant Module.

FSM - Front Switchboard Module - another highly customizable part of the system. Will be marketed in 2 versions:

a - FSM-DIY, for those whose best friends are Soldering Iron and Screwdriver. Internal PCB supports up to 32 buttons. Can work with buttons, toggle switches, encoders.

b - FSM-GA, for General Aviation.

Also we will later roll out FSMs for Commercial Aviation, WWII Piston Airplanes, Modern Combat Aviation, and Space Sims.

All modules can work independently or as parts of the system, by connecting one to another. They can be plugged into the Gladiator NXT, or directly into USB port.

Now, honestly, does it still look like an "entry level" device??

A few words on compatibility.

To make sure the grip mount stands up to structural strength and integrity of the new gimbal the grips are not meant to be replaced on the fly. However once you feel you're ready to upgrade to Gunfighter base, you will still be able to transfer these grips to your new base by replacing one single plastic part in its mount.

RRP:

GNX standard - 120 USD

GNX premium - 150 USD

Available 17 August 2020, orders will be mailed out in about a week. You will help us mail your order out faster by visiting your dealer's site and using Notify Me function.

Modules will be available in 4th quarter 2020 (all preparation done, on the way to mass production, just need to wait up in line). RRP: starting at 50 USD.

And by the way, if you don't want to buy the new VKB Gladiator NXT - no problem. Win it!

12 Aug, on VKB Youtube channel. The winner will be picked 18 Aug. As usually, not only we will send you a free device, but we will also take care of shipment.

That's it, pilots. At ease. Enjoy your day.

According to your website, VKB stopped shipping to Australia and the company suggested "AliExpress" to buy them through, doesn't stock the Gladiator! .....Wonderful!

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo