Upcoming TGP updates

AstonMartinDBS

I've been getting in the habit of getting to my target area pointing my VV at the area and changing to STPT 127 then using TMS Down. I can then move things all I want without affecting my navigation at all.

As for testing the version I can see that being the case and needing the week to do that. Guess it's been so long since major viper updates it's like oh crap we getting the cake to! :) Guess we will be waiting till next patch cycle where we all ask the same questions again.

Don't get your hopes up, this pretty much confirms that Mavericks are not coming this month.

I mean its laughably bad at this point, they were supposed to come like 3-4 months ago.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm not usually one to complain and I understood the circumstances before, but I will actually be pretty flustered if we don't get mavericks this patch. There's no way "feature rich" from July 17th newsletter only includes a vital targeting pod function and A/A mode. I would be far less upset about it if they didn't make us wait the whole 30 days for news only to be shafted for the 4th month in a row, all after hyping us up.

It's not really not having Mav's that bother me so much. It's not having much of anything really. All these fancy TGP updates for what? Drop 1 GBU circle around do it again. JDAM's JSOW's, Laser Rockets I mean anything to give the f16 a bit of stand off range. Dodging SAM's while trying to laser something is rough as hell. I don't like going up in an f18 to do a job come back land get in the f16 and then be like ok I can do something now.

Again I applaud the updates to the TGP that means it's one less thing to be like oh uh yea no new weapons this month cause we had to adjust something. For the last 4 month's it's been crap like adjusted lighting in cockpit. Added some liveries. Add a STPT that you could already do with a TGP already anyways.

Everyone understands EA I do as well but we where assured numerous time's Viper will not affect the hornet and same for the other way. Clearly this was bullspit from the beginning and people just want to see progress. The TGP is progress no doubt about it but opening up and being like here is where we stand Mav's are at X stage of development and we are shooting for Y day. Ever since 2.5.6 caused so many problems they have pushed updates out to once a month only and that makes hypes harder to stomach when they come up short. I will get off my complaint box now let me end with good work on the TGP ED. But still butt hurt on effectiveness of the viper.

Another empty month for viper ? No problem I will be in the cockpit of my Airbus next week. I decided to invest my money to this instead of buying Syria map. I am glad that I did

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I really think we still might get the Mavericks next week. Wags likes to tease and nothing he mentions in a video is without a purpose.

And to be honest: They mentioned a "content rich update" for the Viper. "Just" fixing the Tpod would not be what people expect and I'm pretty sure ED knows this.

I would be very disappointed if another month goes by without any real new features/weapons for the Viper...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

I really think we still might get the Mavericks next week. Wags likes to tease and nothing he mentions in a video is without a purpose.

And to be honest: They mentioned a "content rich update" for the Viper. "Just" fixing the Tpod would not be what people expect and I'm pretty sure ED knows this.

I would be very disappointed if another month goes by without any real new features/weapons for the Viper...

So you know better than the Community Manager?

This should answer anyone's questions about Mavs.

Expect to wait.... even more.

unknown.png

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Disappointment incoming...

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I agree.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

So you know better than the Community Manager?

He didn't say it's definitely not coming. I'm still hoping.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Now it is official.

"Content rich update" is really only the TPod.

No Mavs, No Harms.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4453236&postcount=266

So at least another month without any real improvements for more versatile. At least I learned my part with the Viper now regarding EA. :(

Yea, that confirms it alright. I look at it this way if the TGP is feature complete before getting Mav's then the implementation of the rest of the weapons systems should be much smoother. JDAM's/JSOW's pretty much just use mark point's so not a huge issue there that I can see from a dev stand point. They already have TGP handoff for Mav's so that should make targeting much smoother. I do wish the TGP lock was more animated as it should zoom the cross onto the target before acquiring lock but that can be later. On the bright side of things the external model in those pictures looked really good so props to that. Being able to create STPT's from the tgp should be a welcome addition as well.

Not really sure what benefit the sniper pod would have over what we currently have to be honest. Better picture resolution is the main one. I think it does have a better gimbal limit and gyro stabilization is better. Out side of that not really sure what benefit we would get.

I strongly believe we will not see the Mavs in this next update. Since ED has changed their dev/test process, I'm sure since this is Friday and the update is Wed, there is a coding freeze for testing. I think a Mav video would've surfaced by now also. I really hope I'm wrong tho.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I strongly believe we will not see the Mavs in this next update. Since ED has changed their dev/test process, I'm sure since this is Friday and the update is Wed, there is a coding freeze for testing. I think a Mav video would've surfaced by now also. I really hope I'm wrong tho.

They've already confirmed that mavs are not coming in this update.

It's just gonna be a better pod, more zoom as well to spot those pesky manpads.

that video is advertising not the original Sniper ATP/XR which came into service for f16s circa 2005/2006ish ( which is what our circa 2007 F16 would get) , but the Sniper ATP-SE a next generation improvement. So of course it would be superior to the litening 2 AT from 2003. I dont know what the stats are from the Original Sniper ATP, but the Litening 2 AT has a CCD resolution of 1024x1024, a FLIR resolution of 640X512, 2 levels of FOV, and 9 levels of zoom. If the original ATP doesn't exceed such specs than it probably isn't better.

But also realize that IRL there are newer generation Litening series Targeting pods to compete with lockheeds TGP's, so Northrup is by no menas behind in the curb. In fact they themselves had succeeded the Sniper ATP in capability in 2008 with the Litening 2 G4.

That being said overall our ED's TGP's have too crisp resolution when utilizing zoom that they should have.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD