This module died a natural death?

YoYo

Afraid not. Not sure how I can prove that to you, but it is the truth. The Mig-19 is the first full-Fidelity Module I purchased (although I now have the Mig-21 too). I also have Flaming Cliff too (but hopefully everyone has that, it is great value).

If it helps, why would I ask about the 50s / 60s pack (my very first post is about the lack of good AI opponents for the Mig-19) or the gun ammo counter placement if I was a member of RAZBAM (edit).

Edited by Freefall57

YoYo,

Something just smells fishy about FF57 - 22 posts, the account was created in May and has only ever posted about MiG-19. I call RAZBAM on this user.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I noticed this. Only aggressive reaction and blame having a few posts right away, good welcome (but I don't want to suggest anything :P). It was funny, picking on words rather than looking at the whole problem of frequency and seriousness of updates for this module and that's what this topic is about for me. Thx.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yoyo, you say aggressive blame but FF57 was right to point out the last two patches and ask about why you didn’t give them credit for that. I don’t see why we have to bash a new user and Razbam at the same time for that? Picking on words? Those updates were hardly small, even if they don’t have the fixes you want. Blame it on word picking all you want but the thread title is very clear, you were almost asking for it

I get what you all want but just disappointed to see this thread get worse every page

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

(Edit) Actually AeriaGloria said it better / more reasonably (I couldn't see their response before posting). Note I am being a bit tongue in cheek with my responses (although I am sincere about being concerned in general with people always stretching the truth online, plus I do like the Mig-19 and yes I would also like fixes / improvement to the controls for the ARK-5). Original response below.

The irony is palpable, I can taste it, you start an inflammatory topic saying the module is dead. Lie about there being no updates and then declare any questioning of this "a form of trolling" and "aggressive reaction".

If you had titled this topic something like "frequency of updates" or "need more updates", you might have actually gotten a response from the devs (or better yet you could have posted on the actual bug thread or on Discord). Instead you just get a conversation with me (Bill Gates, oh shit, I shouldn't have revealed that, forget this part). Perhaps that is what you secretly wanted, otherwise, you would have taken a different approach.

Edited by Freefall57

the last two patches

To be clear - it wasnt the last two patches for DCS OB - the last was 15.07 and 2.06. From last 27 patches for DCS OB MiG-19P had only ... 3. First post was edited also with correction so I don't know why we come back to that again.

The problem is that this module has a lot reported bugs from long time and that's where most of it ends. Team of MiG-19 probably focuses on the MiG-23 and this module never will be finished Im affraid. I'm losing faith in it, we have been forgotten here.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I see what you are saying, but a better measure than the number of patches is the outstanding bugs / work. Otherwise, I could have a buggy module that I patch every update, but I add in a bug for every one removed. My patch record would look great (27 out of 27 for example) but the module would still have lots of bugs.

So what are the remaining bugs / work in your view? The main ones I am aware of are: the VR issue for some users on the Caucasus map (such as yourself) and the ARK-5 controls needing improvement. There is also an issue with the external view zooming (but I would class that as very minor, you may disagree). I also encountered a minor graphical bug the other day, but it did not affect gameplay. What are some other main issues?

For example M2000C in the last 27 patches recived 12 updates, AV-8B near the same. Both are more advanced models (for sure) but here the work is visible for me much more.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Right, but it is about the remaining issues, not the number of patches. They shouldn't be releasing patches for the fun of it and it can take time to nail an issue down (such as the VR issue). ED recently got in the habit of releasing too many patches too quickly and have pulled back as a result. Say they are working on the VR issue and ARK-5 issue, but are still coming up with workable solutions (and testing those solutions to make sure they don't create other issues), what would they be patching? So what are the other main issues or is it primarily those two?

There are bugs with this module that have been around from release - some of which make it not worth spending limited simming time struggling against.

In my opinion, Razbam doesn't do a good enough job communicating what has been a confirmed as recognized bug, what they intend to do about it, and when it might fixed. The community manager mostly posts "I'll pass it along to the coders", and then nothing more is heard about it for months and months and months. In other Razbam modules things get moved, without comment, to the resolved bugs area after nothing has changed. Patches have fixes for things I've never noticed, but the show stopping bugs linger on for a year and a half.

Razbam doesn't communicate or interact with their users on this forum nearly as well as almost any other DCS developer, again in my opinion. Combine that with major bugs which have been there since release day and which have had no confirmation of being looked at, and it is easy to assume the module is not progressing.

Honestly, for my own experience, all they have to do is fix the damn ADF knob. I don't VR, so I can't speak to that, but I can sympathize with similar frustration that others might be feeling because of it.

I didn't expect much from the module when I bought it, but I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice plane it turned out to be. That is until I tried to actually employ it for more than joy riding. To have the only navigational tool be as dysfunctional as it is is frankly ridiculous.

They have one of the best mission makers there is for DCS but he is hamstrung by the state of the aircrafts' systems. The campaign for the Harrier is finally supposed to be around the corner, but look how long it has taken - because the systems weren't to the point where the mission maker could finish crafting a campaign. I was looking forwards to flying the Mig campaign - the main reason I bought the module. But I refuse to spend most of my time with my head stuck under my right armpit twiddling a recalcitrant knob, as my plane slowly dives into a mountain side - it's just not fun.

There seems to be plenty of communication from Razbam about models they have been making, ideas for future modules, and nascent maps. But the bugs section of their current modules for which they have already been paid is, on the part of the developer, deathly silent compared to every other developer here. That's why you get threads labelled like this one is.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Well, I don't know the current state of the mig19, decided to try this module during the free month (or free weekend) and experienced some FM issues I didn't like, ended up not getting this module though simply because I'm not that into old planes (and to be very honest razbam didn't really please me with the av8b and it's bugs which I didn't want to experience on the mig19 seeing it was "contreversial" at the time).

Without commenting on the module itself, I would like to see razbam respond to this thread, I feel like them and perhaps also polychop are the ones with the worst attitude towards fixing bugs and acknoledging issues, this shows itself in the state of their other modules such as the mirage 2000 was for a long time but mainly the av8b.

I would just want someone from razbam saying something about the future of the mig19.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Wow. What have I missed.

Guys please refrain from hostility towards other members for not only sharing their views but also sharing truth.

We have been updating the Mig and have just employed another coder to help with the existing bug lists.

He is getting to grips with the platform before smashing the bug sections

I hear you on the ADF and have told Zues to look at this right now.

Again please play nice, oh and as a note Freefall57 does not work for Razabm :)

We were all new here once so please show new users the same kindness you were shown when you joined:)

THANK YOU

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hey...while yer at it...fix the Harrier autostart!!!

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Hey...while yer at it...fix the autostart!!!

You wrote it about Harrier before :), now in MiG-19P the same issue for you?

Bugs section is here for MiG https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=624 .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I was refering to the harrier

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

I hear you on the ADF and have gold Zues to look at this right now.

That’s encouraging.. can you please point him to this bug report too, as it is a related issue (keybindings):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242229

That would allow me to continue working on this set of missions, that I abandoned after realizing that the gunsight could’t work with my Hotas:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234073

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wow. What have I missed ....

We have been updating the Mig and have just employed another coder to help with the existing bug lists.

He is getting to grips with the platform before smashing the bug sections

Thx DECOY for this post. The light starts to shining in the dark again (I hope) for MiG-19P module.

Please take care this VR bug also (reported in December'19, which makes MiG basically unplayable), wrong coding or something like this (its present only in this module - I have all). All infos about it are in bug corner. I also offer knowledge and help if something requires testing.

Don't let another six months wait for the new patch ;).

That would allow me to continue working on this set of missions, that I abandoned after realizing that the gunsight could’t work with my Hotas: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234073

I didnt see it before, nice work!

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

i have tested the vr in the mig using a Rift s, pimax 5k plus and HP Reverb and i getting a solid FPS. i will ask our testers to all check aswell

Check it with fpsVR (the best on Caucasus and start to turn) https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4380724&postcount=17 stutter (loop) is present and visible = causes stuttering with Motion Reprojection ON. I also tested it with Rift S and was the same issue. Its not HMD problem but in module.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif