Warthog extensions

Swine

Hello all, I’m looking for a warthog extension for a warthog base. I was wondering if you guys could recommend some that are currently available for purchase. I have seen Sahajs but would like to know if there are some other options out there.

Thanks

Thanks. I did just recently find out about mfg. I bought his rudder pedals years back. Incredible stuff.

My concern is that I need to have it in a center stick with a long handle. That requires additional items like springs.

I also heard that a long stick will prematurely wear out the gimbals on a thrustmaster since it has plastic gimbals. I had no idea it had plastic gimbals. Anyway thanks for the info.

I just 3D printed a bunch for some guys that fly on my server. They turned out well. Both guys say the close in formation stuff is considerably smoother because of the longer moment. I used a 7cm one on my Virpil because the threading is exactly the same as the Warthog. They had to order the wire extensions.

These printed ones have the advantage of being light so when longer ones are used the stock spring has a better chance of being able to return the stick to the centre. The metal ones will reach that place from centre where the stick will just flop to the extreme if let go.

Can be printed in any colour and can be printed with curves. 3D Printing FTW:pilotfly:

20200725_145603_HDR.thumb.jpg.17b8f5e007fba8e25cbd4fabf955255f.jpg

20200725_082754.thumb.jpg.48f4fc1a97bc54ab86d6b1ff84d4dd75.jpg

20200725_022905.thumb.jpg.2874a48276e2e8877905790a8eedd400.jpg

Edited by backstab

I just 3D printed a bunch for some guys that fly on my server. They turned out well. Both guys say the close in formation stuff is considerably smoother because of the longer moment. I used a 7cm one on my Virpil because the threading is exactly the same as the Warthog. They had to order the wire extensions.

These printed ones have the advantage of being light so when longer ones are used the stock spring has a better chance of being able to return the stick to the centre. The metal ones will reach that place from centre where the stick will just flop to the extreme if let go.

Can be printed in any colour and can be printed with curves. 3D Printing FTW:pilotfly:

hmm? im what are the print setting for that and PETG i assume? how the layer adhesion on the treads?

Threads are flawless. 2 fingers to screw the two together. I cranked on the threads as they reached the fully homed position and I couldn't break them. They could be broken by unreasonable people.

No one should be buying metal ones if they have a printer. What I printed is light, stiff without flex or play of any kind. I sent 5 pieces to them and they can just screw them together until they have the length they want and leave the rest in a closet. The guys love them. I think there is a stigma with 3d printing that exists. Too bad.

Anyway they are made from PLA .2 layer 230/60 temp

hmm? im what are the print setting for that and PETG i assume? how the layer adhesion on the treads?

You can actually print it lying down so you dont get the layer issue and the threads will be just fine. It will be much stronger that way. You will get a small part thats flat and without threads since you need a tiny bit of space to keep it on the print bed but just keep that in the back and its no issue. For helicopters it does not matter as the forces are very light. Printing vertical is also quite fine as long as you dont bang it to hard.

For the outer screw on the bottom its more difficult so you oversize things a lot. I also have mine with an internal alu rod so i can extend it as i wish. I had a sales post at one point but i only ever sold one and that was a long time after i posted it :)

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc