A10C Rudder Axis Problem

YR

A10C Rudder Axis Problem

I tried to rectify violent rolls to theright especially in critical moments.

I circumvented the problem by re-settingcertain AXIS controls which I profess I don’t understand in any detail. It sorted the problem in the Air, but gave mea new on the Ground.

I do not have pedals. So I control all the taxiing etc via theTwist Rudder Joy Stick Axis.

The controls is the T16000 FCS HOTAS. TWCS and the Joystick T16000.

In addition I do not use Track IR so I runheavy with Bindings.

I read the manual, saw the Wags video,Mudspike ... but ultimately I had to set a crazy setting.

I deleted the Rudder Axis Set-Up from thedefault on TWCS and re-set it on the T16000 so I could use Twist Rudder.

The settings are as follows:-

Slider set at 0-100-100-0

Joy_Y set at 3-100-100-15

Joy_X set at 3-100-100-15

Joy_RZ set at 3-100-1-25 (Yes Saturation Xis 1 and Curve 25)

I tried all kinds of guessworkcombinations using negative values, with Invert box ticked on the “Y” but itdoes not lift off.

Any other settings on JOY_RZ tend to makethe front wheel point to the right.

Now, It rolls off straight up the runwayright on the centre line with gentle tap on keys X or Y if needed.

Taxiing is more difficult due to the useof keyboard X and Y. Of course NSW is set to ON.

Landing is the main PROBLEM. I have to brake with Binding of “Shift” +“Trigger”.

The “X” and “Y” keyboardsteering tend to cut out !!! while mybrakes are being applied.

If I can get a solutionon the Axis Settings, I would be very appreciative of the advice.

Thank you.

Charles Abela

I tried to rectify violent rolls to theright especially in critical moments.

Admittedly, I have no idea what exactly you did to the axis setup, but it seems to create more problems than it solves. I'd suggest to reset the axis settings for the rudder to the default values and start from scratch.

Next, the rudder can exert a lot of roll authority over an aircraft. If you happen to apply too much rudder in flight, chances are the aircraft will feel like going out of control very quickly. Pilots should use just enough rudder during rolls in order to fly coordinated; check the slip indicator to know whether or not your turns are coordinated.

And that brings us to the final question: do you apply poor technique, or is there something wrong with your hardware and the way it is set up?

I'd start by looking at a joystick analyzer; you can use Windows' device properties for the stick, or I'm sure there's a Thrustmaster software. Figure out if your hardware provides any unintended inputs when you move the stick around.

If the hardware is fine, it's still possible that it's just not set up properly in DCS. We'd need some screenshots from your input configuration in order to be able to provide more specific hints.

And of course a video or a track would be most helpful.

In any case, good luck and let us know how it goes!

The rudder is very sensitive, apparently in real life it requires very little pressure on the pedals. Also with the stability augmentation system active it’s very like auto rudder, in normal flight you need very little rudder once you are wheels up.