Question about the NS 430 integration into the Gazelle

kotor633

Hi Polychop team,

You write the following in your Siterep of 14.09.20: In the upcoming open beta patch, integration of the NS430 module in to the SA-342 Gazelle is completed. What exactly does that mean? I bought the NS 430 for the Mi-8MTV2, L-39 and Pop-up Window a long time ago. What does that mean that I can use the NS430 as a pop-up in the Gazelle. But then 'your' NS 430 has nothing to do with it? 'Your' NS 430 has nothing to do with the NS 430 you can buy in the ED shop?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

It is the 3d integration of ED's NS430 module as you can see in the screenshot posted in the sitrep thread. So no pop-up, but 3d integration like in the Mi-8.

PC_ns430_small.png

Edited by Polychop Simulations

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sweet! How did I miss that? I can't wait...first aviodev with the c-101, and now the gazelle gets it in 3d?! Good stuff, looks great

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I asked on the patch notes section, and haven't seen an answer:

Is this a free option? I went to the ED store and didn't see the add-on available for sale the way it is for c-101,l39 or mi8

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

No it won't be free. ED will release a Gazelle specific module like any other 3d implemtation. When they release it is up to them, we don't have control over it. The work is done on our side though. Kind of hoped it would be released with the update today.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i see. i wasnt expecting free, but since i didnt see it in the store, even tho a couple other new items had been added i wasnt sure what the plan was

thank you for clarifying. it would be nice if they add it to the store before the next stable update

System:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Odd that ED is holding back so long about this..... Either busy with everything else, or it is more complex thing to test how that GPS unit really works.

Not that I personally need it, as I have found Gazelle own navigation system being excellent, but it is always nice to see other airfields around you.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I was trying to get the NS430 to work in the latest OB, but it won‘t show up in any of the variant‘s cockpits:

All boxes for the SA342 are checked under the „special“ tab in the options and the unit is set to „NS430 allow“ in the ME.

I can open the 2D version and use it just fine at the same time. Other aircraft will show it properly in 3D with the same settings.

I bet this is just me missing something, but could someone please help me?

EDIT: Found the reason - oone has to install the new module first 🙂

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

7 hours ago, gothicghost said:

The Steam NS430 is an "all in one" package containing the 2D  version + both 3D L-39 and Mi-8 cockpit instruments.

The Gazelle and/or C-101 NS430 3D models aren't yet available on Steam and can only be bought for the standalone version of DCS from ED's store.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 12/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, Ramsay said:

The Steam NS430 is an "all in one" package containing the 2D  version + both 3D L-39 and Mi-8 cockpit instruments.

The Gazelle and/or C-101 NS430 3D models aren't yet available on Steam and can only be bought for the standalone version of DCS from ED's store.

Thank for letting me know.