Will EXP3 mode of air to ground radar be optimized and improved?

kaoqumba

Simply said, better use EXP2 at closer ranges.

True, but key point is only at 5NM or less is EXP2 better. At such close ranges however your nearly right on top of a target.

Its not something we have to worry about as they way the radar system works is that radar automatically reverts from SAR EXP3 to EXP2 ( although from what ive read it should be EXP 1) when you get under 6NM

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Have others noticed to have a better resolution when at the edge of radar azimuth, while fuzzy at closer to blindzone?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Have others noticed to have a better resolution when at the edge of radar azimuth, while fuzzy at closer to blindzone?

That's intended, wags covers it a little in his video. It's to do with the DBS working better with the velocities as they are at the edge of the scan.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Welcome to the AG radar.....

Oh didn't know a fuel truck and a radar signature while a T-72 or a BMP are stealth vehicles... /s

There are issues with the rendering tech that have nothing to do with the AG radar resolution or whatnot. Check the forum thread linked by LastRifleRound.

Yeah i know, what i meant is whatever the shitty resolution you get, should not be better in EXP3 vs EXP2? Still WIP i guess

EXP2 will have higher resolution than EXP3 at close range (something like 5-7 nm).

Oh didn't know a fuel truck and a radar signature while a T-72 or a BMP are stealth vehicles... /s

There are issues with the rendering tech that have nothing to do with the AG radar resolution or whatnot. Check the forum thread linked by LastRifleRound.

EXP2 will have higher resolution than EXP3 at close range (something like 5-7 nm).

Just tested EXP3 for myself. I was able to pick up TU22 but not 4 T80's.

I placed them all on a runway. TU22 at the east end and the tanks midfield.

The Tpod worked great tho':music_whistling:

Edited by Gripes323

Just want to say I made some scenarios with placeable structures using the radar to prosecute large complexes, ammo depots and the like. ED has done an excellent job with this system in that regard. Static structures have returns and scenario makers can make their own complexes and other large target areas if they wish. You'll have to practice a bit to know which groups of structures will provide enough of a return to reliably ask someone to target, but they're definitely there. Great job ED!

Just tested EXP3 for myself. I was able to pick up TU22 but not 4 T80's.

I placed them all on a runway. TU22 at the east end and the tanks midfield.

The Tpod worked great tho':music_whistling:

:music_whistling:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284442

its exactly what myself and a some others have brought up. ATM isn't an issue of APG73 resolution quality but rather underlying A/G rendering technology in DCS still being cleary WIP state. In that link This user discusses it in greater deatail and does comparisons. Its because some objects simply arent getting radar returns when they should be, because they aren't rendered.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD