WINWING F/A-18C MFD bezel ???

Guram

I cant see that flying off the shelves.........

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I don't see a need, the cougar MFDs are more than sufficient and hit the right price point.

However a UFC might be nice.

Which is a reason they shouldn't do F-16 bezels, as they are already present in the marketplace. A UFC with functional displays would be most welcome as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The TM ones are only an inch smaller overall than real life I think. I cant imagine all those people who have invested in these and also those with LCD screens etc dumping them all just so they get a 1" bigger surround......can you? What would be the advantage?

Also, why not stick to products that are not already on the market? Such as the planned combat panel, the F-16 throttle etc.......... Makes much better business sense.

The Hornet UFC ? nice, but these again are already available on the market........Tek creations and various other guys.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

The Hornet UFC ? nice, but these again are already available on the market........Tek creations and various other guys.

Those are 3d printed hobbiest homebrew solutions. Nice but not what I'm talking about. A mass produced UFC with the fit/finish and feel similar to the throttle flight control panel would be nice.

Those are 3d printed hobbiest homebrew solutions. Nice but not what I'm talking about. A mass produced UFC with the fit/finish and feel similar to the throttle flight control panel would be nice.

So would world peace but don't hold your breath.......

I would say a Hornet UFC is a pretty niche item.....and to get it a nice replica, with all the digital displays etc cant be cheap. Of course, it would be nice to be surprised, but you would need to be able to guarantee a lot of sales to make it viable. I just paid around £700 for my Tek creations UFC and HUD control panel.... that's big bucks for all but the most hardcore simmers. I imagine Tek creations sells them numbered in the tens rather than the hundreds. Even allowing for Chinese labour costs, I cant see the cost being cheaper and possibly more expensive.

All I am saying here is that WinWing will likely put their efforts into items that they can sell in largish volume and that have broad appeal and are not a duplication of stuff that's already available.

Yeah I have to agree, with the Cougars on the market, I dont see many people outside of pit builders wanting a Hornet shaped one. Now a larger MFD for the F-15E back seat or the Kiowa might be more attractive as its offering something different, but I just dont see either happening.

I would +1 TekCreations UFC though it looks amazing, and I really wish I could afford his Right hand panel.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

So would world peace but don't hold your breath.......

I would say a Hornet UFC is a pretty niche item.....and to get it a nice replica, with all the digital displays etc cant be cheap. Of course, it would be nice to be surprised, but you would need to be able to guarantee a lot of sales to make it viable. I just paid around £700 for my Tek creations UFC and HUD control panel.... that's big bucks for all but the most hardcore simmers. I imagine Tek creations sells them numbered in the tens rather than the hundreds. Even allowing for Chinese labour costs, I cant see the cost being cheaper and possibly more expensive.

All I am saying here is that WinWing will likely put their efforts into items that they can sell in largish volume and that have broad appeal and are not a duplication of stuff that's already available.

This!!!

A Hornet stick was duplication.

So far, they are pushing Hornet themed devices and their new unreleased panel that adds gear and hook levers with flap controls, etc. is in direct competition with TekCreations.

I would buy a set of three 1:1 scale Hornet MFDs if the price was fair despite already having Cougar MFDs. Just like I bought the Hornet stick/throttle despite having the TM stick grip and an adapter to use it with my VKB stick base as well as two TM Warthog throttles/sticks.

I would really want them to make an affordable set of Hornet MFDs with screens and a user friendly app for interfacing them with DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A Hornet stick was duplication.

So far, they are pushing Hornet themed devices and their new unreleased panel that adds gear and hook levers with flap controls, etc. is in direct competition with TekCreations.

I would buy a set of three 1:1 scale Hornet MFDs if the price was fair despite already having Cougar MFDs. Just like I bought the Hornet stick/throttle despite having the TM stick grip and an adapter to use it with my VKB stick base as well as two TM Warthog throttles/sticks.

I would really want them to make an affordable set of Hornet MFDs with screens and a user friendly app for interfacing them with DCS.

Not from winwing but cube sim could be your friend for Hornets MFDs (or DDIs) :

http://www.cubesim.com.cn

WINWING F/A-18C MFD bezel ???

Correct me if I’m wrong but cubesim is just an LCD display that is made to match TM MFD?

I’m looking for something thinner and ideally would require just one USB C cable to both power and transmit video data.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I have looked at the cubesim one, but I am betting I vendor like Winwing could make an equal or better product designed to match the real Hornet's displays at a competitive price. At present, cubesim seems to be the way to go if you don't want to gamble on trying to pick the right display from ebay and then figure out how to mount it and configure it to work. I don't urgently need this capability, but I very much want it. If the right deal fell into my lap, I would grab it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PCFlights.com

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I had a look at the stuff there, frustratingly, plenty of panels, but not the switches and handles to go with them!!!

I had a look at the stuff there, frustratingly, plenty of panels, but not the switches and handles to go with them!!!

The vast majority of buttons and switches are listed on the same page as the panel. There are specialized ones that they don't have such as the jettison stores however 90% of what you need is there. It will of course require some time on your end to put it all together.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Correct me if I’m wrong but cubesim is just an LCD display that is made to match TM MFD?

I’m looking for something thinner and ideally would require just one USB C cable to both power and transmit video data.

A quality LCD display with electronics, case and mounting points for Cougar MFD's. They work brilliantly straight out of the box.

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...

Cubesim is developing these currently, expect price to be approx $350 each, plus import taxes......

For me, thats too much simply for some slightly bigger screens than I already have.....

They look cool though.....

Budget is a huge consideration. True 1:1 scale is more expensive no matter how you implement it. But cost effective solutions tend to lean toward a simplified, less accurate panel that is flat like the one displayed above. If you go with the flat panel, using the single monitor behind it to give you all the gauges and screens is clearly the way to go.

If I am not going to go for a true 1:1, I might as well go for a more generic cockpit that works well for all aircraft rather than being so Hornet specific. In which case, the Cougar MFDs are plenty adequate and the Cubesim displays for it are an appealing option if I don't want to save money and time by trying to build my own screen setup from eBay parts.

So many options. None of them are "cheap" but some are much cheaper than others. Then there is the value of the completed cockpit. How often will I use the dedicated Hornet cockpit? If I spend all the money to make it fully functional (i.e. functional MFD displays and gauges), will I end up flying mainly VR and never get a return on my investment?

Since none of these things are "needed" and purely wants, it is hard to justify spending so much money. But I really love the idea of having a complete, functional cockpit and right now, the F/A-18C is the best option for me if I am going to build one.

Keep in mind, that for me, an F/A-18 cockpit is 2nd string. The one I care about and have been working on for years using as many real parts as I can find and afford is an F-4 cockpit. But the F-4's cockpit is inherently limited to older aircraft with B-8 stick grips and only a few throttle controls. So I will have at least two cockpit setups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cubesim is developing these currently, expect price to be approx $350 each, plus import taxes......

For me, thats too much simply for some slightly bigger screens than I already have.....

They look cool though.....

I was interested, until I heard about the price. Does that include the bezel panel with knobs and buttons?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/