MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals v2 brake issues

I have had these rudder pedals for about a year, maybe less. The rudders work just fine. Flying the FA 18, in the setup for F18 I have the left wheel brake on X axis and the right on Y. They have been calibrated using MFG config system. Unfortunately the brakes are not working at all. Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

I have had these rudder pedals for about a year, maybe less. The rudders work just fine. Flying the FA 18, in the setup for F18 I have the left wheel brake on X axis and the right on Y. They have been calibrated using MFG config system. Unfortunately the brakes are not working at all. Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

I use the old Saitek Pro and I remember I had to 'invert' the axes for the brakes. Zero dead zone and whatever curves you need to set. It's also a good practice to stand on the brakes as a pre-taxi check to make sure the axes are not stuck and working properly.

Edit: just noticed you said you had the axes calibrated in MFG config. Can you assign any axes to brakes in DCS?

Edited by Gripes323

Have you downloaded the MFG calibration tool and run it?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Have you downloaded the MFG calibration tool and run it?

Agree - I only had 50% braking on one pedal. Resolved by recalibrating the pedals internally. Download the software from Crosswind - there's an onboard eprom that it talks to.

Thank you so much for your help. I contacted MFG yesterday and received a fast response regarding the brake issue.It's like Gripes323 mentioned. The need to INVERT the axes for the brakes. I did everything BUT that. I have since inverted the brake axis and they work perfectly. Thanks to all who reached out to help me. Greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much for your help. I contacted MFG yesterday and received a fast response regarding the brake issue.It's like Gripes323 mentioned. The need to INVERT the axes for the brakes. I did everything BUT that. I have since inverted the brake axis and they work perfectly. Thanks to all who reached out to help me. Greatly appreciated.

Hi SailorDoc4781, can you pm the the Infos from MFG?

Thanks

How were you taxing with the brakes on all the time? You didn't notice you had to push the brake to move?

Buzz