Syria Map ETA?

MGM

in two weeks as of august 5th :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

(19th aug)

Tomorrow but it will be hasty.

Because ED is affraid of FSXX.

The map is far from completion.

Not mentioning the lack Cyprus. (what will be implemented if the sales are strong, OMG)

After the catastrophic sales of the Channel map it is clear that Syria will be sold in a higher number but will be lower than ED expectation.

What if to do some brainstorming: weak sale because of the absence of Cyprus ?

May the THRUST be with you

Not mentioning the lack Cyprus. (what will be implemented if the sales are strong, OMG)

After the catastrophic sales of the Channel map it is clear that Syria will be sold in a higher number but will be lower than ED expectation.

Let's break it down:

1. "The map is far from completion".

How would you know? Are you a closed beta tester? It looks very close to being complete.

2. "Not mentioning the lack of Cyprus".

Cyprus was originally not planned, but was recently confirmed as a future addition.

3. "Catastrophic sales of the Channel map".

How would you, or I, or anyone know? We don't have access to that information.

4. "Weak sake because of the absence of Cyprus?"

Respectfully, Cyprus has only one base that is relevant to this map. The bigger problem we had originally is that the map didn't allow to place the carriers far enough from shore, which limited the scope of carrier ops in that map.

So no, Cyprus isn't that much of an attraction to cause the map to sell less.

• ED Team

Please don't post nonsense on the forum,

Cyprus was never going to be part of the Syria terrain, but it will be added later in early access.

You don't know sales figures so not sure why you need to comment like this.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Tomorrow ...

I really dislike trolling, thank god for the ignore facility of this forum, at least I won’t came across your nonsense in the future.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Is there an announced or expected ETA for the Syria map?

Yes: tomorrow

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4456704#post4456704

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Yes... Piss on other peoples achivements, that's the correct way to go about life chap.

Great to hear the map is released tomorrow, good work guys!

Maybe we can have a rule on the forum and perhaps a voting button;

"Disclaimer: If any module (aircraft, map, mission, etc.) is released as early access, you have the right not to buy it.

You do not have the right to discuss early access vs. full access or the status of products released under the early access banner.

If you have purchased early access and are not satisfied, we suggest for your benefit you keep quiet and dont buy another early access title.

Anyone not complying with these rules can be either voted or harassed off the forum".

Maybe we can have a rule on the forum and perhaps a voting button;

In a word: Nope

That disclaimer, while well intentioned, is pretty awful.

ED already has a disclaimer on early access, so people are informed on what they buy:

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version.

Laobi had a more succinct (as he often does) disclaimer at around 07:30:

The rules this forum operates under are sufficient, and no new rules-especially ones restricting people from voicing their opinion- are going to improve things

Additionally, allowing positive things to be said of something while disallowing negative things not only skews the perception of the product to prospective buyers it also has pretty crummy optics for ED and the devs if only pre-approved opinions are allowed to be voiced

It seems some simmers are like my wife sometimes: never really happy unless they're complaining about something

If people couldn't voice their displeasure, the dev wouldn't be able to gauge what's really important to the player base...such as how many people want Cyprus for some reason or another

The clamoring of the torches and pitchforks mobs got ED to adjust the patching schedule to something that seems to really work well.

Some things are part and parcel to these fora:

People complaining things get released too early and half baked

People complaining things aren't getting released quickly enough

People asking for modern red for/full fi fc3/ (insert random airframe here)

People bickering over OB or stable, or dev resource allocation for hornet vs viper

And of course, what is EA, how long should it last, how quickly should a module come to full release, and what should be included in EA

Those discussions aren't going away, and with as annoying as they can sometimes be the alternative: a new rule to shut down certain opinions won't make the forum any better. Quite the opposite

I'm really excited for this map. I think ugra has done an exemplary job and as I've said elsewhere I think this will set the standard for what people expect out of maps in the future

But if it runs choppy in vr or MP I would expect people to be able to voice their concerns about it

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

In a word: Nope

He was obviously being facetious.

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It’s the 19th August here in Australia, I want my Syria map :lol:

Yeah, it always feels like we have to wait an extra day here :smilewink:

Really looking forward to this map. Just looks stunning and so highly detailed. Not to mention the endless scenario opportunities here over the last 75 years.

Now where did I leave my Hind???

I'd been away for a few days, vacationing up in the AZ mountains (to avoid the heat here in Phoenix). I just saw Wags note on the release, so I just pulled the trigger.... (10% additional savings). :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'd been away for a few days, vacationing up in the AZ mountains (to avoid the heat here in Phoenix). I just saw Wags note on the release, so I just pulled the trigger.... (10% additional savings). :-)

Tomorrow there will be a whole bunch of dudes Complaining that why their discount is 20 instead of 30% :D ... that’s why I purchased mine several weeks ago.

any idea what time this is expected to roll out? i"ll be honest - I was/am excited about FS2020 coming out...but a little part of me was even MORE excited about the Syria map being released!! c'mon ED..lets get that map rolling! :)

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Tomorrow there will be a whole bunch of dudes Complaining that why their discount is 20 instead of 30% :D ... that’s why I purchased mine several weeks ago.

Indeed my man! ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

thats why i wasnt a day one purchaser, more like an hour one purchaser, if even that

ugra had me at israel/syria. if i could have only one map in the game, that would be it

System:

Do we have a rough time on when it will Drop

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel® Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 20Gb RAM, 1070 8Gb, HPOmen 17", Thrustmaster Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1 SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView,

Modules:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]