US Carrier Fleet Mod

Ladies and Gentleman I have few updates for you. Huge news, as of right now VNAO has made the decision to put the Prowler on the shelf as of right now. Instead we are going to be updating to the Growler program. Since Super Hornets are taking over all jobs it seems in the fleet now. :) Does not mean the Prowler will never been done, it will just give us more time to work on other projects like this.

Racer:"After many many hours this evening of experimenting, I believe the VNAO has

yet another first (and perhaps the biggest in Lock On) on our resume.

A..(get this)..BRAND! NEW! COCKPIT!!! icon_e_surprised.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif

FROM SCRATCH!!!! icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif

That actually works! (bonus)"

F14_Cockpit_4.jpg

F14_Cockpit_3.jpg

F14_Cockpit_2.jpg

F14_Cockpit_1.jpg

Who is ready for an F-14 Tomcat Cockpit??? :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damage Models will be coming last I would imagine. Our first goal would be to get the models in game and working together. Cockpits, skinnned and the whole nine yards. And the damage models will follow after word. Dont take my word on it, I can not speak for Racer but that is just my thought process on it.

Edited by Sabertooth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New F18 HUD

Fantastic work and looking forward to seeing the results.

A question about the HUD.

I have noticed when playing in 3D with shutterglasses there is a significant shortcoming in the cockpit model. The HUD images are located on the vertical HUD glass and are not projected into the distance (outside the cockpit).

When looking at ground targets in the distance there is a double image in the HUD because focus is not correct. I wonder if this can be "fixed".

Just thought I would mention this for information.

Thanks so much.

This is just looking better and better! I really hope you guys can get that custom cockpit to work! Howerver it sayes in the lockontools that it is limited tools, and that the only materials that work is the standart and the canopy shine effect. If we would be able to get the full tools there are materials called mfd, cockpit etc, and my guess is that thats the key for getting the hud and mfd to work. Then the size problem of the cockpit might also be solved too if we would be able to give the cockpit model the Cockpit material.

Care to shed some light on that sir?? ;)

Hi Sabertooth :)

Major Bug was saying in is usual concise manner that others have already created 90% functionnal cockpits :) The problem is that no one ever managed to make the MFDs and HUD work correctly, despite trying all alternate materials etc... in the .lom exporter.

If you are modeling a trainer like the L-39 (last year by Tomcatz here : http://www.lockonforum.de/thread.php?postid=23533#post23533) or an Alphajet (Airone is almost done with all the gauges and needles in his pit, he'll probably post some pictures soon), it is not really a problem, but for a fighter it's a real issue.

Honestly, if you ever manage to find a solution to these limitation, it would be one of the greatest achievement in the Lockon modding community :thumbup:

Good luck with your projects :) It is very promising and the work you achieved is outstanding :)

Cheers :)

Hub.

PS : I understand it's very difficult to keep yourself up to date on what has been done already, especially if it's in german of french, lost on a forum you do not spend some time on :) No problem :)

Edited by HubMan

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
hi guys I'm new here and I want say good work to all

I've just one question for future mod maybe on black shark for example will be done an Harrier mod and double seat Jet mod scuh as Tornado, F14 and other?

hi, sorry for the OT... great avatar, looks like it comes from Strike Commander ;)

Can you guys add the vapors from the catapult?

I am thinking she is very sea worthy. What do you think?? :thumbup:

Racer:"Well here she is boys in all her glory! icon_e_biggrin.gif

This completes all the detail pieces she will have and man does she have detail.

I have figured out how to get a landing light system working where we will now even be able to "CALL THE BALL"!

Remember, this was a 3 MILLION! polygon model and what you see here is ready......46,345 polys!! WoooHoo! icon_cool.gif

With 95% of this thing that gray 8x8 texture, she should have some great FPS.

We will now add the deck details until we all feel the FPS is in trouble.

We need to find where that point is.

I want to finish all the lights and catch wire animations next before the next beta release.

I'll be away racing this weekend to this is as far as she will go until next week."

CVN-14.jpg

CVN-10.jpg

CVN-11.jpg

CVN-12.jpg

CVN-13.jpg

Is Carrier soon to be available

Is the model of the carrier available for download yet?

I cant seem to find it in the topic,

thanks

I agree would like to know how soon the Carrier model will be available ...

thanks guys..

By the way the Carrier looks super..looks like true dimensions longer landing area..

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::joystick::joystick::joystick::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: