US Carrier Fleet Mod

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little update from Badger,

Badger:"Here's an update on the texture front.

Spent 10 hours today getting the technique right and perfecting the lines on the belly. I have changed my MO and will be able to be more precise with the lines. Basically I've shifted the project out of photoshop and into Illustrator. I'll only use photoshop for the photographic details (like the bays and the pilot/RIO and boy are you guys going to love them, wait and see) and weathering. That keeps my file sizes down and everything gets done in vector and will have a higher output quality. Better order in the Photoshop files makes everything easier. It's more of a production line kinda gig, Ordnung muss sein, jah?

So, I need to redo the lines on the top (burning daylight to quote Racer) and I'll revisit weathering. I'm sure the final result will reflect the hours I'm putting into this. Phew, time for a cuppa and a break."

Udklip.jpg

"Every single line drawn by hand. In Illustrator I have better control over all elements and their strokes etc, though I haven't gone into emphasizing anything yet."

Udklip3.jpg

"Perfect transistion from one part of the texture to the next."

Udklip2.jpg

"All this has to be redone."

"Good thing I don't go out anymore icon_eek.gif"

As you can see everything is coming along smoothly. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys are doing a very good job on this F-14! It will have to be a must to modify meinit.ini file and enable F-14 as flyable... just so I can fly formation with someone in this beauty :)

No longer active in DCS...

Looks like someone is behind the controls now.

Racer:"A big step was taken here with the introduction of the pilot and weapons officer

into the model. icon_cool.gif

I was able to get each person down to 8,500 poly's each which was no small feat.

Now it is time to animate and texture map them.

I though they came out very well and should work out well for us.

(Can you see anything unique here)? (No hints Badger)

Total F-14D Polygon Count: 32,430 (Yep...they were a big poly hit icon_rolleyes.gif )"

F-14D2030.jpg

F-14D2031.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like I posted over at lockon-files, I don't think the pilots are proportioned correctly. Their heads look too small or something. They still do look very good though. I look forward to more updates! :)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Aeroscout, I have since talked to Racer and he has enlarged the heads and moved the arm. And Janko I can promise their is something "special" about someone in the cockpit. I had to ask Racer about it to so dont worry if you did not get it the first time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will keep the updates coming as they are posted. :smilewink:

Badger has posted some new pics. He is really going to town on it.

Udklip-1.jpg

Udklip2-1.jpg

Udklip3-1.jpg

And Racer posted another update as well.

Racer:"I have finished the weapons pilons and the intakes and fan.

We also now have the top side detail on here.

All that is left model wise is the main gear, airbrakes ,tail hook and nozzle details.

We are getting closer.......

F-14D Total Polygon Count: 39,204"

F-14D2036.jpg

F-14D2035.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

freakin awesome, you guys are on top of things. Btw, i have a question, once you are finished with the tomcat, are you going to hold off on the release and wait for the SuperBug or you would be kind enough to release one at a time, and later a full package lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]