US Carrier Fleet Mod

Kuky, this mod will be allowed to be used by the public. There were certain things we had to agree with upon with Meshfactory but we were given permission to use the models and release to the public.

Highway, so far discussion's are that it will go over the 33, so the plane will be carrier capable. But it is still early as Racer has not touched it yet as he is still finishing the Super Hornet, so we will see.

Dimyan, these will be all freeware addons to lockon and will be intergrated into the game the best we can. We are doing all of this on our freetime and only wish to make the Naval aspect of Lockon better.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S!

Now that model is extremely good and i will gladly say is up with the likes of the Alphasim EA-6B model for Flight Simulator! Excellent work to all those associated with the project and it will be a joy to see how she progresses.

I would just like to ask that if there is a virtual EA-6B squadron that i be allowed to 'sign up' if that is possible. I used to be an RAF pilot, and flew the mighty Nimrod R1. When my oppurtunity came for an exchange to a USN squadron i gladly took it.

I was placed in an EA-6B of VAQ-133(Wizards) for 3 months. It was extremely fun and interesting to see how another nation handles some of the same activities i took part in my Nimrod.

It was a greatly enlightening experience and the 'Wizards' are about the most friendliset guys you could end up with! I still keep in contact regularly with the guys and girls who are nearly all retired.

Well i hope that i can join this squadron and help out as much as my knowledge allows me too!

Magnet.

201254814481.jpg

Sorry I'm posting off topic

I will try to answer the questions set to me.

By showing this shot I wished to tell about how important to aspire to the model perfection. By the geometry the model shown by me is closer to the real plane.

This model wasn't done by me. I've only took part in texture creation. It is not intended for LO. The model was made for movie

Sabretooth said it's the same model but like I said, weathering makes it look perhaps better (to my likings) and perhaps makes it look slightly different that model from Sabretooths pic!

Valery, you said it's made for a movie, right?! Did U make that skin?!

Which movie is that, I'd like to see it?! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

quote: able to carry HARMS, fuel tanks and guns.

No guns. :(

Great: Suppressing SAMs by HARMs :thumbup:

...No guns ? What about GUN PODS ? ;)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Kuky, this mod will be allowed to be used by the public. There were certain things we had to agree with upon with Meshfactory but we were given permission to use the models and release to the public.

sweet :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

Ladies and gentlemen. The New Carrier model is underway. :thumbup:

Racer:"Hey guys,

I thought I would start up the CVN-69 carrier topic for our VNAO mod. icon_e_surprised.gif

I reality we can get the working horse part of this mod (the flight deck) up and running

fairly quickly.

Here is what I am proposing.

In the first picture below, we have the Kuznetsov straight out of the game an into my 3D Studio max program.

(Don't even ask.... icon_e_wink.gif )

And...in the second picture, we have the main CVN-69 deck with all of its great detail.

The sizes of the boat decks are: Kuznetsov - 984' long 240' wide

Nimitz Class: 1092' long 257' wide

I will size our new deck using the Kuz as reference as I am assuming that they have the Kuz to the correct size in the game.

This will create a carrier deck of the correct size and location off the water as a starting point.

We can then start to f-14's off of it and adjust the fore - aft positioning to match up the catch wires exactly where we need them to be.

It is a start and we can get this part of it done very quickly.

I can maybe even give that deck full lighting if everyone plays nice. icon_e_wink.gif"

1.jpg

2.jpg

Racer:"Well, here she is. icon_e_biggrin.gif

The Kuz measured 33.8' per grid in my Studio Max.

That made the CVN roughly 3 grids longer in length.

Here is a picture of the comparison."

CVN-1-1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ladies and gentlemen. The New Carrier model is underway. :thumbup:

Racer:"Hey guys,

I thought I would start up the CVN-69 carrier topic for our VNAO mod. icon_e_surprised.gif

I reality we can get the working horse part of this mod (the flight deck) up and running

fairly quickly.

Here is what I am proposing.

In the first picture below, we have the Kuznetsov straight out of the game an into my 3D Studio max program.

(Don't even ask.... icon_e_wink.gif )

And...in the second picture, we have the main CVN-69 deck with all of its great detail.

The sizes of the boat decks are: Kuznetsov - 984' long 240' wide

Nimitz Class: 1092' long 257' wide

I will size our new deck using the Kuz as reference as I am assuming that they have the Kuz to the correct size in the game.

This will create a carrier deck of the correct size and location off the water as a starting point.

We can then start to f-14's off of it and adjust the fore - aft positioning to match up the catch wires exactly where we need them to be.

It is a start and we can get this part of it done very quickly.

I can maybe even give that deck full lighting if everyone plays nice. icon_e_wink.gif"

1.jpg

2.jpg

Racer:"Well, here she is. icon_e_biggrin.gif

The Kuz measured 33.8' per grid in my Studio Max.

That made the CVN roughly 3 grids longer in length.

Here is a picture of the comparison."

CVN-1-1.jpg

:thumbup:

That's the way to do it guys ! :yes: Great work :thumbup:

Hub.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]