Through The Inferno (Syria) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Thanks for the log, it looks like the Trigger List SP file was not opening properly.

Have you made any changes to the settings? You may have put in a setting change that was done incorrectly.

Also, A2G Easy missions are auto-start by default and there is only 1 of each mission type allowed up at any given time.

Nope, started it right up when I downloaded and funnily enough I first noticed something was wrong since stuff wasn't auto-starting and tried manually, no joy obviously.

I'll redownload it and see what I get.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still same error about the trigger list, if I'm reading this right.

2020-10-01 22:55:33.339 INFO SCRIPTING: 91949( 91972)/I: AIRBOSS03144._ActivateBeacons(AIRBOSS CVN-7X | Activating ICLS Channel 5 (LSO))

2020-10-01 22:55:33.340 INFO SCRIPTING: Airboss ... OK

2020-10-01 22:55:33.340 ERROR SCRIPTING: Mission script error: can't open 'C:\GitHub\DCS-TTI-SP-Master\Scripts SP\Trigger List SP.lua'

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'dofile'

[string "dofile("C:\\GitHub\\DCS-TTI-SP-Master\\Scripts SP\\Trigger List SP.lua")"]:1: in main chunk

2020-10-01 22:55:33.341 INFO SCRIPTING: RAT | Version 2.3.9

2020-10-01 22:55:33.353 INFO SCRIPTING: RAT Script complete

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still same error about the trigger list, if I'm reading this right.

2020-10-01 22:55:33.339 INFO SCRIPTING: 91949( 91972)/I: AIRBOSS03144._ActivateBeacons(AIRBOSS CVN-7X | Activating ICLS Channel 5 (LSO))

2020-10-01 22:55:33.340 INFO SCRIPTING: Airboss ... OK

2020-10-01 22:55:33.340 ERROR SCRIPTING: Mission script error: can't open 'C:\GitHub\DCS-TTI-SP-Master\Scripts SP\Trigger List SP.lua'

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'dofile'

[string "dofile("C:\\GitHub\\DCS-TTI-SP-Master\\Scripts SP\\Trigger List SP.lua")"]:1: in main chunk

2020-10-01 22:55:33.341 INFO SCRIPTING: RAT | Version 2.3.9

2020-10-01 22:55:33.353 INFO SCRIPTING: RAT Script complete

Just uploaded a hotfix;

UPDATE 10/02/2020 - 1: v1.71b

- Fixed a critical error where the main Trigger List lua file was not loading on Aleppo.

- The A-10C II was actually the A-10C (original), fixed.

- Changed Super Carrier units to CVN-72/71 for better MOOSE/Airboss compatibility.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Hey deadlyfishes, all of the AAA and SAM units are marked with hpriority and priority, but the JTAC never seems to get select them first, in fact, I've never seen them selected first. Had a look through the code, nothing obviously wrong. Have you/any else seen this?

Hey deadlyfishes, all of the AAA and SAM units are marked with hpriority and priority, but the JTAC never seems to get select them first, in fact, I've never seen them selected first. Had a look through the code, nothing obviously wrong. Have you/any else seen this?

Good catch, however the priority system was never implemented and had to be scrapped a long time ago, due to it causing an issue with spawning.

Some of the unit names still retain this in their unit name but it doesn't actually do anything.

"Through The Inferno"

Good catch, however the priority system was never implemented and had to be scrapped a long time ago, due to it causing an issue with spawning.

Some of the unit names still retain this in their unit name but it doesn't actually do anything.

I see the code for it on line 5315:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua

and in CTLD_TTI_SP_NEW.lua so I thought it should be working.

I see the code for it on line 5315:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/blob/master/CTLD.lua

and in CTLD_TTI_SP_NEW.lua so I thought it should be working.

Yeah, so using this method is for units that are placed in single-one-off missions that don't have any dynamic or randomized spawning.

I can explore this in the near future, but I am sure that the dynamic spawning method isn't 100% compatible with that feature in CTLD.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/28/2020 - 1: v1.72b

- Added dynamic convoy missions;

*Convoys can be configured to auto-start or spawned via the mission spawner menu

*They will be randomly generated, the unit composition of the convoy will be varied

*Their starting positions and routes will be randomly selected

*They can be repeated like normal A2G Missions

*Using the F10 - Other Intel report will provide a L/L of the convoy's position at the time of the intel being requested.

*Configurable option to allow for adding map markers on the F10 Map to show the convoy's position (The convoy map marker will update when intel is requested)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_260113_1603922364647_804","height":"341","title":"convoy mission intel SP.PNG","width":"473"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

- Fixed an issue for carrier maps where using CVN-75 caused datalink issues. All carrier maps will now use CVN-72 instead.​

"Through The Inferno"

Awesome, thanks deadlyfishes, convoys are the one element I really wanted to see added. Do they have a particular destination, such as a friendly airfield, increasing the threat of not dealing with them?

For now there are 3 pre-planned/placed convoy routes named "Convoy1" 2 and 3 respectively;

I kind of placed them around the area in a random spot, they just go to their end destination, it's quite far. Once they are destroyed, a new one will spawn if auto-spawn for this mission is enabled. It chooses 1 of 3 routes randomly and chooses a convoy "template" at random as well, which change the group's unit composition for every new spawn.

I had to learn how to properly track a group's alive status properly and have it give out enough information for players to go about the mission the way they want, whether if it were F10 Map marker or using L/L. I kind of design things with keeping in mind people might want to play without seeing units on the map...

Anyways, like I said, they are pre-planned and pre-placed for each map. You can change their position and routes if you'd like to for yourself.

"Through The Inferno"

Hey deadlyfishes, can we get more consistent naming of waypoints/trigger zones? Many of them don't match (MR, HLO, AGE, AGH, etc) and it's hard to keep track of which waypoints match which trigger zones when shuffling spawn points around to create more clearly defined friendly/enemy territory.

Hey deadlyfishes, can we get more consistent naming of waypoints/trigger zones? Many of them don't match (MR, HLO, AGE, AGH, etc) and it's hard to keep track of which waypoints match which trigger zones when shuffling spawn points around to create more clearly defined friendly/enemy territory.

It would be a ton of re-writing code to fix the zone names, but I can easily do something about the WPT names. What do you think?

The guide would basically be as follows:

MR - A2G Easy (This is because the legacy version of TTI, A2G Easy was essentially designed as a "multi-role a2g mission"

A2G/AG - A2G Hard

A2GH/AH - A2G Helo (A2G Helo use 1-5, A2G Helo Infantry use 6-10

AS - Antiship

SAM - Random SAM spawn zones.

"Through The Inferno"

Are the waypoints actually needed? I always delete them from every playable aircraft. Purely because they make a mess in the editor, and if me or my flying buddies don't know how to manually add waypoints then we shouldn't be in the pilot seat!

As long as there is a legend somewhere is fine I guess. The inconsistency made it so difficult to figure out what waypoint was which mission I just deleted all the waypoints entirely.

I can figure something out, it'd be easier to edit the WPTs instead of the zones to match the WPTs.

"Through The Inferno"

Thank you sir!!!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

UPDATE 12/05/2020 - 1: v1.72d

- Added F-14A Module
- Updated MOOSE for F-14A Airboss Compatibility

- Changed WPT name labels to match the zones they belong for easier customization/editing.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

So I tried to run this on a MP server that is private and password protected. When a mission is completed there seems to be a never ending "A2G Mission completed" and the Ace Combat sound plays over and over about every 10-20 seconds. I have no idea about the coding side so I thought I would ask to see if there was something I can change to make the mission actually end and not loop the notification and sound.

UPDATE 02/07/21 - 1: v1.80a
- Overhaul on all ground and air spawnable units at A2A and A2G Missions as well as "Zeus" spawnable units:
    - ALL DCS Aircraft and Ground Units are available to add/remove at all mission types.
    - ALL DCS Aircraft and Ground Units are available to spawn via "Zeus" spawning in real-time using map markers.
    - Free WW2 assets were also added to now allow for players to adjust the spawning pools to be more geared towards WW2 engagements.

A2A Missions are now more based on aircraft types rather than their group size/skill level. The default setup would be that easy aircraft will be less formidable types; L-39, C-101, etc, where hard aircraft will consist of Su-30, F-15C, etc. These templates can be adjusted to what the player is more comfortable with.

Expanding the unit pools and database within the mission to ALL DCS units will give players the ability to make any combination of enemy forces; Change the spawning pools to only spawn "Eastern" faction units or "Western" faction units for realistic engagements. The current setup is a mix between both "RED" and "BLUE" faction enemy units.

- Added an aircraft skill setting for both RED and BLUE AI aircraft.

- Allowed for changing out enemy unit spawning pools for all A2G mission types; A2G Easy, Hard, Helo, Infantry Assault, Anti-ship.

- Moved all "template" units to scripting for much more modularity and ease of mission maintenance/updates when new maps, modules units are released.

- Fixed an issue where editing the playable client slots would sometimes cause a crash/black screen on mission start.

- Fixed and polished countries and coalitions so that client aircraft and friendly coalition units have more customization potential.

- All client aircraft are set to their country of origin (ex. the Su-27 is set to Russia and the J-11A is set to China, etc...).

- Client aircraft slots further polished fixing many typos and naming formats.

- Added CSAR (search and rescue) script for all helicopters. A new CSAR menu was added, which also includes an option to FORCE a rescue mission on command. Simply fly to the downed pilot (Friendly infantry unit named "Wounded Pilot" on map) and hover over to pick them up. Bring them back to an airfield, FARP or ship to complete the rescue.
Additionally; Friendly player and AI that eject will spawn a new rescuable pilot where the ejection took place.

- Added an option that will limit the amount of aircraft spawned in via the F-10 - Other A2A spawning menu to prevent unlimited spamming of A2A missions. By default this option is set to allow for unlimited A2A mission stacking.

- Added an option for enabling/disabling the friendly carrier groups from attacking enemy aircraft.

- Renamed the Random Air Traffic (RAT) units in the editor to more generic names like "Large 1" or "Fighter 1" so that players can change out the type of aircraft the random air traffic will be in the editor. You can also edit their loadouts if applicable.

- Various base code improvements that allow for better performance overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 02/21/21 - 1: v1.80b
- Changed how A2A enemy spawning works. Instead of using a random position within a single large zone which sometimes results in bandits spawning on top of you, there are now 10 random A2A enemy spawn starting position zones which you can move around to change generally where bandits may come from. It chooses one of these A2A enemy spawn zones at random each time an A2A enemy group is initiated.

- Added missing SA-15 Tor unit to spawning pool, database and zeus script. Unit list was also updated.

- Moved SFX files to their own directory instead of using the trigger list implementation, which saves nearly 1MB of filesize.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Hi - how do I install this? I have downloaded the files, but where do I put them? Running the latest OpenBeta update.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

UPDATE 03/06/21 - 1: v1.80c

- Fixed an issue where using "-create jtac" was not working

- Added the "Zeus" spawnable unit list to the BRIEFING for better access (pause, show briefing or press LAlt+B to bring up the briefing)

On 2/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, C3PO said:

Hi - how do I install this? I have downloaded the files, but where do I put them? Running the latest OpenBeta update.

C:\Users\youruser\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions - Try this

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Hi, I have an issue loading the TTI missions regardless which map variant I use. When I load the mission it stops at "Terrain Graphics Init  97 syria.ng5" and DCS stops responding (has to be quit via task manager). 

The dcs.log states the following as the last entries:

Spoiler

2021-03-08 19:44:02.566 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: render target 'mainDepthBuffer_copy' not found
2021-03-08 19:44:02.566 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: render target 'DummyShadowMap' not found
2021-03-08 19:44:04.754 ERROR   LUA-TERRAIN: getObjectPosition: object is not exists
2021-03-08 19:44:05.255 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1341: attempt to index local 'unit' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1341: in function 'fixWaypointsLinks'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1800: in function 'load'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:633: in function 'func'
    [string "./Scripts/UI/ProgressBarDialog.lua"]:154: in function 'updater'
    [string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

A repair did not solve the problem. Any ideas? I am using the latest openbeta.

Edited by montypython76

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

HOTFIX 03/09/21 - 1: v1.80d

- Fixed an issue for the Damascus mission where CTLD/CSAR was not loading.

"Through The Inferno"