Through The Inferno (Syria) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Hello !

Thanks for your hard work ! Love it !

I have 2 small questions. I tried to change the value to 2 instead of 1 for the spawn of RAT aircrafts (in the trigger settings as explained in the txt file), but still 1 of each.

Also, would it be possible to have the waypoints in the kneeboard ? Usefull for planes like c-101 or L39 (not sure if technicaly possible).

Thanks a lot !

Happy Easter to everyone and have a nice day !

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

UPDATE 04/25/21 - 1: v1.82a

- First update since the release to DCS 2.7 Open Beta; Previous version of DCS Open Beta may be incompatible with this mission version.

- Fixed an issue where A2A AI spawned units via Zeus map marker command would descend to 3.7k feet immediately after spawning if they do not acquire a target right away.

- Fixed an issue where A2A AI spawned units via Zeus did not easily acquire a target.

- Added two missing tactical SAM (singleton vehicles) units to the regular and Zeus spawn lists; SA-13 and SA-19. They are omitted from the ground mission spawning pool by default, so un-comment them in their proper lists as desired.

- Added a weather preset and changed the time to ~18:00.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

HOTFIX 04/26/21 - 1: v1.82b
- Fixed an issue were Zeus commands were not working properly in Caucasus.
- Adjusted SA-2 layout
- Adjusted enemy ground unit AI difficulty to ensure they do not remain dormant at times.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 11:10 PM, wackomedic911 said:

any chance of having a Cyprus version?

Thanks for these amazing missions! been using them for years now. still love them!

That's a great idea! I'll work on that sometime 🙂

UPDATE 06/21/21 - 1: v1.83a

- Added Mi-24P module.

• Like 2

"Through The Inferno"

Can you guys please fix the issue with the Tomcat spawning on the carrier and clipping whatever jet is parked in the slot next to it. It has been plaguing me all night.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

Hello mission developers! First the mission is really great but the spawnpoints from the objectives is really terrible! They spawn in half in houses in walls and trees really terrible! Can this be improved?

On 6/27/2021 at 11:38 PM, airnox said:

Hello mission developers! First the mission is really great but the spawnpoints from the objectives is really terrible! They spawn in half in houses in walls and trees really terrible! Can this be improved?

Yes noted, will try to fix this overall, however there are some scripts in place to remove these vehicles that spawned erroneously

On 6/25/2021 at 8:36 AM, Erbin said:

Does anyone know how to spawn only one group of enemy during a/g mission ? There is always small groups of enemy scattered all across the map when I launch an a/g mission

You can change the settings to disable certain mission types that auto-spawn

On 6/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, Hector45 said:

Can you guys please fix the issue with the Tomcat spawning on the carrier and clipping whatever jet is parked in the slot next to it. It has been plaguing me all night.

Noted, will try to fix, it spawns differently in SP vs MP.

Also:

UPDATE 06/30/21 - 1: v1.83b

- Added Cyprus variant miz.

• Like 2

"Through The Inferno"

You can change the settings to disable certain mission types that auto-spawn

I enabled only the easy a2g missions and set the max number of units to 8. Despite that, I got multiple groups of enemies scattered across the map. 

2 hours ago, Erbin said:

I enabled only the easy a2g missions and set the max number of units to 8. Despite that, I got multiple groups of enemies scattered across the map. 

Are the SAM missions turned on maybe? There's also convoy missions.

Would you mind sending me your miz on here, DM or maybe via discord, I can take a look for you 🙂

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 07/12/21 - 1: v1.83f

- Fixed an issue with CSAR forced rescue events were not spawning correctly.

- Fixed an issue where CSAR beacon/ADF was not working properly.

• Like 2

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 07/17/21 - 1: v1.83f
- Fixed an issue where LSO/Marshall/Airboss SFX for the Airboss script were not playing
- Fixed an issue where some random SAM generation zones were not spawning correctly and/or designated properly by its JTAC (if JTAC at SAM sites are enabled)
- Added CVN-7X Relay helicopter on carrier maps.

Additionally; From now on all changelog items will be updated on the TTI website:

https://throughtheinferno.com/tti-sp-changelog/

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 08/23/21 - 1: v1.83k
+ Added many new custom display options for EWRS to allow players to show more or less information as desired for EWRS text box reports:
- Change number of max enemy threats displayed on reports
- Turn extra header text on/off
- Turn bandit's speed/heading info on/off
- Change time interval between automatic reports.
- Added presets for ease of use; Default, Reduced, Minimal
Default: x4 bandits displayed, full bandit info, extra header text and threat level text on
Reduced: x3 bandits displayed, full bandit info, extra header texts off
Minimal: x2 bandits displayed, full bandit info, extra header text off

+ Added ability to edit enemy convoy unit composition in mission editor.

+ Added ability to edit custom "Zeus" spawnable ground groups in the mission editor.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 09/06/21 - 1: v1.83m
All Maps:
+ Further improved custom user-created "Zeus" spawnable units, making it easier to create as many custom groups of all unit types as desired with easy to remember commands. Additionally, these custom units can be 'transferred' over to newer TTI missions or other TTI Maps. The included tutorial file goes in-depth on how to create and spawn these units.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 09/06/21 - 1: v1.83m
All Maps:
+ Further improved custom user-created "Zeus" spawnable units, making it easier to create as many custom groups of all unit types as desired with easy to remember commands. Additionally, these custom units can be 'transferred' over to newer TTI missions or other TTI Maps. The included tutorial file goes in-depth on how to create and spawn these units.

"Through The Inferno"

Been playing TTI on and off for a while and thoroughly enjoying it, however in VR the text size of the notification messages is huge. For example, when the EWRS message is displayed or the tasking detail. I know I can change the text size in the options.lua (message font scale) but that only seems to apply to the radio menu. Is there any way to reduce the text size of the notification messages issued? As at present, it takes up pretty much a quarter of the viewable screen in the HMD.

Update:

I used this information in this post to achieve the desired effect.

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

UPDATE 10/05/21 - 1: v2.00a
All Maps:
+ "TTI: Eras of War" Update:

TTI-Eras-of-War-Image-lol.png

This major update and overhaul to the TTI Mission adds a new "Mission Era" setting that allows you to instantly change the mission generation and ambient battlefield characteristics to a desired era of arial combat operations.
The following mission eras are available in this update:

Modern
- Generally the same settings and experiences as before in previous TTI missions
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are available.
- Friendly modern era aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Fight against modern era enemy air, sea and ground units

Korean War

- Fight against Korean War era enemy air, sea and ground units.
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are not available.
- JTAC drones are replaced with Korean War aircraft.
- Friendly Korean War era ambient aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Editable template units for random ambient traffic
- Editable template units for Korean War era convoys
- Radar station emplacements replace AWACS Aircraft to ensure proper EWRS functionality.
- Optional: WW2 Asset Pack can be enabled to utilize units from this paid module.

World War II

- Fight against World War II era enemy air, sea and ground units.
- Tankers, Aircraft Carriers, Troop Transport, AWACS Aircraft and other logistics are not available.
- JTAC drones are replaced with World War II aircraft.
- Friendly World War II era ambient aircraft patrol the area when enabled.
- Editable template units for random ambient traffic
- Editable template units for World War II era convoys
- Radar station emplacements replace AWACS Aircraft to ensure proper EWRS functionality.
- Optional: WW2 Asset Pack can be enabled to utilize units from this paid module.

__

+ Added more units to the spawn pool lists and Zeus spawnable units list:
- ship_seawise_giant

- arty_smerch_he
- arty_plz05
- arty_t155_firtina
- arty_sau2
- aa_sam_nasams
- aa_sam_sa5

- cap_mosquito
- bombing_mosquito
- bombing_h6j

__

+ Added all WW2 Asset Pack Units to spawning pool/zeus list ONLY IF WW2 ASSET PACK OWNED AND ONLY WHEN ENABLED.

__

+ Fixed an issue with JTAC Drone Spawn for A2G Easy Mission 1.

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

21 minutes ago, Fercyful said:

wow! Amazing update. Is the SA-5 active? 😱 Can't wait to try the new version. Thanks!!

Oh yeah it is, sorry forgot to add that to the change list!

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 10/06/21 - 1: v2.00b HOTFIX
All Maps:
~ Fixed an issue where the requested intel menu would repeat endlessly after the convoy mission spawns.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, thank you for absolutely incredible work.  We're having an absolute blast with these!

Is there any way to customize enemy A2A behavior?  It seems like they will often run away from the target area immediately after spawning.  Is there any way to customize this behavior or give them a bullseye / targeted waypoint?

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 9:02 AM, deadlyfishes said:

UPDATE 10/06/21 - 1: v2.00b HOTFIX
All Maps:
~ Fixed an issue where the requested intel menu would repeat endlessly after the convoy mission spawns.

I've read through a much of this thread and searched it, but I can't seem to figure out if this mission has a win condition. Can you effectively push the AI off the map? Do they get less aircraft if you push them back or is it more of just a skirmish mode?