Through The Inferno (Syria) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

I just flew one mission yesterday. I loved it. But I have on question. Is it possible to have a random start time (night, dawn/dusk, day)? Or do I have to change it via the mission editor?

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 1:26 AM, Aerovenator said:

I just flew one mission yesterday. I loved it. But I have on question. Is it possible to have a random start time (night, dawn/dusk, day)? Or do I have to change it via the mission editor?

It must be changed in the editor. There might be some scripts out there that can change this for you outside the mission, but the easiest is to set the time yourself.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 4 weeks later...

I get the cat and mouse theory of having enemy units spawn in towns, but this kinda kills the immersion.....

Screen_220124_175456.jpg

Not the best place for an SA-5 launcher.  If there is no better way to put the vehicles in cities, can we just have them in unpopulated areas?  This happens in every A2G mission I have checked.  Sometimes multiple vehicles in buildings.

• Like 1

UPDATE January 29, 2022 - 1: v2.1.0

+ Added more config options to turn off mission map markers.

+ Convoy map marker now updates with every intel request or every 5 minutes automatically.

+ Added new SFX and text messages to play/display to the specific player who made the kill on a ground unit, air unit or a friendly unit. These can be turned off in the settings as well.

+ Added new SFX and text messages to play/display when friendly infantry units take on casualties. A map marker is also created. This feature can be optionally disabled.

+ Added a 'Global Kill feed' that displays a message and plays a sound with kill information to all players on the map as follows:
[Player Name + Aircraft Type > Weapon Used > Unit Name Destroyed]
This occurs a few seconds after the initial message so that the player who made the shot does not get barraged by several messages. This can be optionally disabled.

+ EWRS updated to now show the correct unit measurements automatically depending on your aircraft. Example: If you fly the Su-33, EWRS measurement units will display measurements in METRIC (Km, meters). You can still change to Imperial (nm, feet) if you'd like.

+ Added new commands to create smoke, illumination flares, signal flares via the Zeus Map Marker system (See read me tutorial or in-game briefing for more details.)

+ Ensured that the "drop troops here" works with or without the "-" previously required to initiate a map marker command.

+ Added Mission Enhancer Package by daemon1808:
Mission Enhancer Package (M.E.P) allows you to enhance an existing mission giving you the ability to request support assets in a immersive way during the mission.

You can request SEAD missions, AC130 Strikes, Buddy lase, Recon target area, etc easily through the F10 radio menu.

Video tutorials and information of this script package here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/289944-mission-enhancer-package-a-mod-for-request-live-support-during-a-mission/
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320007/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnD8q6sPwk

+ Removed "templated a2a pathing" units to clean up the editor map a bit. You can now move around the "a2a_wpt" map markers to decide the paths a2a enemy flights will take. You can also change bombing waypoints for bombers that spawn and attack.

+ Turned off friendly reports for aircraft spawned in via Random Air Traffic Script

+ Adjusted A2G mission spawn areas to not be completely inside highly dense urban areas. Most spawns will be partially in highly dense urban areas if any at all.

+ Added the option within the mission editor to edit the aircraft "Backup Friendly CAP" type/weapons that is spawned via the F10 Menu under "Air to Air Reinforcements" - The menu name will change depending on the type chosen for these aircraft. (If you make the airfield backup CAP template unit to be an Su-27, it will say "Su-27 Backup" in the menu dynamically.)

+ Moved the "Debug" menu to the root F10 - Other menu

+ Moved the "Air to Air Reinforcements CAP" menu to the root F10 - Other menu

"Through The Inferno"

On 1/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, Reaper51368 said:

I get the cat and mouse theory of having enemy units spawn in towns, but this kinda kills the immersion.....

Screen_220124_175456.jpg

Not the best place for an SA-5 launcher.  If there is no better way to put the vehicles in cities, can we just have them in unpopulated areas?  This happens in every A2G mission I have checked.  Sometimes multiple vehicles in buildings.

I made an update to the missions today, see my changelog post above. I made it so that these A2G missions not occur too heavily in the urban areas. You can edit the "shape" or move entirely of the mission zones with the wpt markers on mission zones if you'd like, it should be self-explanatory when you look at the mission zones.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

I encountered a small issue on the Aleppo version:

The FARP ammo storage for CTLD spawns still has the default name instead of 'logistic1', and as a result you can't spawn in crates, as the script claims 'you're not close enough to friendly logistics'.

After I renamed it to 'logistic1' it worked again, so it's just the renaming that slipped through, not the script itself.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE March 17, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.2.0

+ Added AH-46D Apache Module

+ Changed all player/client slots to CJTF Blue coalition for more customizability and flexibility with liveries.

+ Color-coded edition mission zone colors and triggers.

+ Added "Cold War" mission era

+ Improved enemy A2A engagement behavior; Missile engagement range for enemy AI will launch missiles based on threat assesment. Additionally their ROE is set to free to ensure that they are able to acquire targets on their own.

+ Added enemy vehicle reinforcements to be deployed using convoy templates to active A2G Missions randomly, this can optionally be changed in the settings.

+ Added enemy vehicle reinforcements to be deployed using convoy templates to active A2G Infantry Assault Missions randomly, this can be changed in the settings.

+ Added new unique voice clips and notifications added for the new randomized enemy reinforcement events.

+ Added friendly armored ground battalion that attacks ground mission objectives. You can change the ground battalion units within the mission editor and you can configure several options of the ground battalion offensive within the mission settings. Ground battalion "air support" callouts are included along with map markers.

+ New sounds added for friendly troops deployment

+ New sounds added for friendly armored battalion deployment

+ New sounds and "dialogue" added to A2A Hard Missions. The mission now consists of "enemy ace squadron bandits". They are essentially adversary ace pilots with unique voice lines and callsigns that will taunt you when they spawn and will sign off with a special voice line when they are defeated. Similar to the "ACAP" missions on TTI Multiplayer.

+ A single-use (5 minute) smoke marker will be deployed when troops or ground battalion requests air support on their position to avoid friendly fire.

+ Added config options to have SAM and AAA units at A2G Helo/Infantry assault missions. By default there are no SAM/AAA units set to spawn at these missions.

+ Added new templates lists/spawning pool list for SAM EASY and SAM HARD for more flexibility with SAM site types.

+ Added config option to change how many SAM sites appear at random SAM spawns

+ Added config option to change CTLD simulated crate hover time to pick up a crate

+ Added config option to show kill feed notifications (sound + message) when enemy AI kills a player. This option is on by default.

+ Added a fail-safe function that force drops troops from the helo if it is taking too long to land at the objective.

+ Removed "templated" tankers and AWACS units from the editor map.

+ A2A Friendly backup units that are spawned via F10 Menu are now randomized, you can change the spawning pool of these friendly backup units in the A2A settings.

+ A2A Friendly backup notification message and sound are improved; "Mission command" will request a fighter backup, and each friendly A2A backup has a unique call sign and voice clip when they spawn.

+ A2A Friendly backup now has new options to spawn from ground, US carrier or RU carrier (when carriers are available).

+ A2A Friendly backup are now auto-spawns that can optionally be disabled in the settings

+ Friendly AI aircraft will now trigger a voice line/notification when they are shot down.

+ Some aircraft spawns have coalition specific liveries to be more identifiable. (Example; the RED coalition F/A-18C will have the aggressor livery applied)

+ Adjusted WW2 default spawning pool ground units

+ Adjusted WW2 and Korean War default spawning pool ship units

+ Adjusted WW2 default convoy units

+ Adjusted cruising altitude of WW2 enemy A2A spawns.

+ WW2 (free assets) Flak18 and Bofors AA ground units now spawn in pairs instead of single units.

+ Enemy bombers now spawn as a two-ship instead of a single-ship

+ Fixed an issue where bombers were improperly spawning on the "CPS" trigger zones instead of one of the "CPS_bomb" trigger zones.

+ Added new units to zeus spawning database and spawning pools (added for both blue and red):
Unarmed Vehicles:
red_ua_zil135
red_ua_tz22_kraz
red_ua_atz60_maz
red_ua_atz5
red_ua_aa8
red_ua_liaz_bus

Armored Vehicles:
red_ar_pt76
red_ar_mephisto

Ships:
red_ship_la_combattante

SAMS:
red_aa_sam_nasams

Aircraft:
red_cap_su24mr
red_cap_su24m
red_cap_su17m4
red_cap_mig27k
red_cap_ajs37
red_cap_su34
red_bombing_su34

• Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE April 16, 2022 - 1: v2.2.1

+ Infantry Assault missions expanded to +5 more possible locations

+ A2G Helo missions expanded to +5 more possible locations

+ Fixed an issue where some kill and/or hit events were not properly triggering the notification (message + sound) to the player.

+ Improved the kill notification to the player when destroying a ground unit. The message will now transcribe the randomly chosen dialogue in the sound clip.

+ Added unique voice clips and message notifications for killing enemy infantry.

+ Friendly ground battalion groups will now have their unique callsign/name applied to their actual physical group in-game, rather than just being named via the text notification.

+ Friendly CAP reinforcement aircraft groups will now have their unique callsign/name applied to their actual physical group in-game, rather than just being named via the text notification.

+ Enemy CAP elite squadron (A2A Hard Mission) aircraft groups will now have their unique callsign/name applied to their actual physical group in-game, rather than just being named via the text notification.

+ Added 2 new FARPs to the map with working troop pickup and logistics functions (CTLD). These have been placed in strategic locations to reduce RTB transit times for refueling, rearming, repairing or any other logistics functions (CTLD) for helos.

+ Change default CTLD troop pickup smoke color to white.

+ Fixed an issue where disabling CTLD/CSAR would cause script errors.

+ Friendly CAP reinforcements will now RTB after patrolling around the CAP spawn zones to their initial home airbase or carrier and delete themselves a few minutes after landing to save on resources.

+ RAT Carrier Aircraft (on maps and eras with carriers) will return to home carrier after patrolling a randomly chosen single CAP waypoint (a2a_wpt_1/2/3/4 etc...).

+ Fixed an issue where ground missions could be stacked via the F10 - Mission Spawning Menu

+ Fixed an issue A2A/ZEUS Helo spawn routes, and the auto A2A Helo mission spawn not working when optionally enabled.

+ Fixed Random Air Traffic (RAT) aircraft not spawning on NTTR map.

+ Fixed an issue where tanker callsigns were not set correctly.

+ Fixed an issue where tanker TACAN beacons were not working.

+ Global active mission zone detection optimized for better performance - Detection is now initiated when units are destroyed or when destroy commands via zeus are initiated.

+ Added drawn active mission zone circles with mission name label on F10 Map. This can be optionally be disabled.

+ Added drawn friendly air support requests circles with blue text label on F10 Map. This can be optionally be disabled.

+ Added drawn tanker tracks on F10 Map with text info box that include; Tanker name, tanker type, tanker callsign, tanker tacan channel, tanker frequency. This can be optionally be disabled.

+ Added drawn AWACS tracks on F10 Map with text info box that include; AWACS name, AWACS type, AWACS frequency. This can be optionally be disabled.

+ Added carrier info box on F10 Map. This can be optionally be disabled.

• Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

COLD WAR FIX - April 19, 2022 - 1: v2.2.1b
(Applies to Syria, NTTR, Mariana Islands, Normandy, Persian Gulf)

+ Fixed an issue where setting mission era to "cold_war" did not work and caused script errors

+ Added updated info in mission era setting text that references "cold_war" as an option

• Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

19 hours ago, Fercyful said:

Hi there! Here Fercyful from discord 🤗 please check that the file at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311889/ still is the 2.2.1a one (this checked at 23:18 GMT (maybe they didn't update the file yet) Other maps are fine on 2.2.1b version. Thanks for the fast update. Having a blast as reported at discord.

Thanks, it's all good now.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for ask but why in this server the super carrier always turn like sailboat? in multiplayer that's not good cause sometimes the planes colide, an easy fix could be a straight direction of the carrier with a very slow speed until the server restart 

• Like 1

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

11 hours ago, stalhuth said:

sorry for ask but why in this server the super carrier always turn like sailboat? in multiplayer that's not good cause sometimes the planes colide, an easy fix could be a straight direction of the carrier with a very slow speed until the server restart 

👍 I agree with this idea...
It's incredible how this scenario was built and I really enjoy it but it's unpleasant when you finish a mission and when you're reaching the supercarrier with little fuel, it starts to spin ☹️

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

• 2 weeks later...

Update May 30, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.2.4a

+ Added ACLS to Super Carrier.

+ Added separate set of +10 new zones for A2G Infantry Assault Missions.

+ A2G Helo Missions are now enabled by default.

+ Fixed an issue where A2G Helo and A2G Infantry Assault missions would not complete if these missions were both active.

+ Fixed an issue where units were sometimes not being properly tracked as "dead" which caused some skipped events that affect kill notifications and other important events.

+ Fixed an issue where the A2A Helo missions were not properly spawning via the auto-spawning.

+ Added an option to enable or disable auto-started A2A mission stacking via th the new option: "auto_air_mission_stacking".

+ Changed the config option "allow_air_mission_stacking" to "manual_air_mission_stacking" to be more clear as to what this option does.

+ Moved the bomber options to the main "DEFINE MISSION SETTINGS" trigger list.

+ Fixed an issue where rescue helo and tanker scripts for airboss carrier was not working.

+ BULLSEYE moved/changed to WPT-2

On 5/17/2022 at 11:36 AM, Beltza said:

Hi, comrade!

In Cyprus, the HELO mission doesn't start. I've put "true" in the settings in the ME.

V.2.2.1b

Thanks

Fixed in latest version, thank you!

On 5/18/2022 at 8:03 PM, stalhuth said:

In MP it's an issue we're working on, but in SP you can adjust so it does not turn erratically.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Update June 18, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.2.4d

+ Fixed an issue where the a2a stacking option was not working properly.

+ Added an option to replace voice line sounds with UI SFX or silence.

+ Added Mount Pleasant variation to the South Atlantic Map

+ Replaced the ground EWRS radar with the FPS-117 Dome Unit.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

I love these missions. I notice when using it for coop with friends the spawn bomber task doesn't appear to work, I wanted to give a heads up. May be something on my end (I add a few aircraft for players). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 9:44 AM, Padinn said:

I love these missions. I notice when using it for coop with friends the spawn bomber task doesn't appear to work, I wanted to give a heads up. May be something on my end (I add a few aircraft for players). 

I'll look into it! Thanks!

"Through The Inferno"

Update July 25, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.2.5a

• Added Mirage F1CE Module
  • Added Mirage F1CE to spawning pools for Modern and Cold War Eras
  • Added Mirage F1CE to Zeus spawning list
  • Add new voice line SFX for kill events
  • Fixed an issue where A2A Intercept Mission would not spawn via the F10 Menu
  • Fixed an issue where infantry support notify cool down was not working

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update October 27, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.2.7a

• Added MB-339 Module.
  • Added MB-339 to Zeus spawning list and to the default Modern Era enemy A2A spawning pools.
  • Significant overhaul to unit and mission detection systems by changing the enemy ground unit detection method to greatly improve performance overall. With this overhaul, a lot of issues relating to mission detection/completion were addressed.
  • Added options for enabling/disabling specific Carriers on maps and applicable eras with Carrier Ops.
  • Added options for enabling/disabling specific tanker aircraft as desired.
  • Added documentation in zip file with mission setting suggestions for better performance.
  • Smoke/flare markers at active missions now deploy instantly after requested.
  • Fixed an issue where modern era aircraft friendly backup aircraft spawned when the WW2 era is selected.
  • Fixed a database spawning issue on the Normandy Map.
  • Fixed an issue where enemy infantry reinforcements were not spawning the correct units for WW2 and Korean War eras.
  • Fixed an issue where friendly vehicle reinforcements were not spawning the correct units for WW2 and Korean War eras.
  • Fixed an issue where lag spikes would occur when multiple units were destroyed quickly (Bombs on troops or ground unit clusters).
  • Fixed an issue where ground attack missions weren't properly being detected as completed, which then prevented the next ground attack mission from auto-starting.
  • Fixed an issue where convoy attack missions weren't properly being detected as completed, which then prevented the next convoy mission from auto-starting.

"Through The Inferno"

Hotfix October 27, 2022 - 2: TTI SP v2.2.7b

• Fixed an issue where kill feed messages were not working (wrong file uploaded to ED Userfiles)

"Through The Inferno"

Update November 30, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.3.0a

Major overhaul to tutorials, guides and general documentation for TTI SP:

Major overhaul to Random Air Traffic (RAT) Script:

• Added a RAT F10 - Other menu to manually control RAT spawns in real time while in-game and other options.
  • RAT aircraft at airbases utilize a random pool of aircraft that you can customize, similar to editing spawning pools
  • RAT aircraft will take off, fly to one of the RAT Waypoints, which you can move, resize (they spawn in a random position within those zones), then land at the airbase they originated from
  • RAT aircraft will respawn shortly after parking or death as a new aircraft type
  • Introduction of REDFOR RAT aircraft. Each map will have a REDFOR base or two, which REDFOR RAT planes will commute between. Their types are also randomized and can also be customized similar to editing spawning pools.
  • Added option to only spawn RAT carrier aircraft if a player occupies the relevant carrier aircraft. Example; if a player spawns in an FA-18C or F-14A/B, then if enabled, the RAT aircraft for the CVN carrier will spawn. This is also how it will work for the Su-33 or AV-8B N/A.
  • S-3B and E-2D are added as optional carrier aircraft for the CVN.
  • Added "Random" spawning template pools for those that wish to randomize aircraft that spawn on carriers, including custom aircraft
  • Added option to also spawn helos on the LHA-1 Tarawa
  • Removed a lot of the "template" RAT aircraft which are no longer required. A text file is included in the mission zip file that goes through the process step by step to add your own random air traffic planes in the mission editor.

Other updates, features and fixes:

• Mission briefing updated and more up to date.

• When requesting CAP Backup from the F10 Other Menu, you can optionally choose for them to either fly to the position where you requested CAP backup, or for them to fly their normal CAP route.

• Tanker spawns are now set to only spawn-in if compatible aircraft are occupied by players. Example; The "Slow Boom Tanker" will spawn in when a player occupies an A-10A/C/C II.

• Fixed an issue where AI wingmen landing before you land, despawns the entire group. AI despawning after land is done on a per-unit-basis to avoid the previous issue.

• Fixed an issue where EWRS AWACS report interval setting via F10 Menu was not working.

• Added a customizable livery lua file for those that wish to utilize custom liveries for both red or blue aircraft. This file needs to be extracted from the miz using 7zip, and re-injected after editing.

• All aircraft now have a default livery set that should help players discern red from blue for aircraft that have several liveries available in vanilla DCS.

• CTLD was updated to the latest version.

• Added new menu option with CTLD to change between real sling loading or simulated hover loading while in-game.

• Fixed an issue where sometimes spawning into newly created client/player aircraft would not work.

• Tankers will fly below or above cloud layer, based on the settings you choose. (Lower cloud base, they go above, higher cloud base they go below).

• Airboss Carrier will set recovery CASE based on weather (clouds, visibility, etc...).

• Re-organized F10 Menu. Some menu items have moved to a relevant sub menu to clean up the front-end F10 - Other menu.

• Added ATIS feature. ATIS auto-starts by default, and will be disabled when a player enters into an FC3 aircraft since ATIS will constantly be playing for FC3 aircraft. This can be disabled optionally in the settings. ATIS can also be enabled/disabled via the F10 - Other Menu

• Fixed an issue with carrier deck static objects not deleting all units sometimes.

• Added a new option to spawn a default carrier deck layout at the start of the mission if CVN carrier is enabled.

• Moved A2G Helo/A2G Easy Missions at McCarran to be outside of the airfield capture zone to allow civilian RAT planes to takeoff

• Adjusted friendly F/A-18C, F-16C and F-15C friendly A2A loadouts.

• Fixed an issue where convoy mission markers were not properly removed after completing convoy missions.

• Made location intel reports only show to requester.

• Added option to show intel reports for individual ground missions as desired, and for how long to keep the display up.

• Added OPTIONAL Civil and Modern Aircraft Mod Expansions which easilly integrates the Civil and/or Modern Aircraft mods into the Random Air Traffic System in TTI SP. Tutorials for config and installation of this optional script is available: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5

• Added new units to the air, ground, and ship spawning pools:
Spoiler

Ground Units:
"red_aa_aaa_hl_dshk",
"red_aa_aaa_hl_kord",
"red_aa_aaa_tt_dshk",
"red_aa_aaa_tt_kord",

Ships:
"red_ship_hms_invincible",
"red_ship_ariadne",
"red_ship_andromeda",
"red_ship_achilles",
"red_ship_lynch",
"red_ship_castle",
"red_ship_tug",

Submarines:
"red_sub_santafe",

Aircraft:
"red_cap_mf1_bd",
"red_cas_mf1_bd",
"red_cas_su25",
"red_cas_su25t",
"red_cas_su34",
"red_cas_ajs37",
"red_cas_av8b",
"red_cas_f117a",
"red_cas_tornadoids",
"red_cas_tornadogr4",
"red_cas_a10",
"red_cas_f15e",
"red_cas_f16",
"red_cas_wingloong",
"red_transport_an26b_ru",
"red_transport_an26b_cn",
"red_transport_an30m",
"red_transport_c130",
"red_transport_c17a",
"red_transport_il76_ru",
"red_transport_il76_cn",
"red_transport_yak40_ru",
"red_transport_yak40_olympic",
"red_transport_awacs_kj2000",
"red_transport_awacs_a50",

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys will be great to use the mission editor INU off (or not realistic) to the new Black Sark III because right now the INU alignment is bugged.

Thanks 

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1