[CORRECT AS IS] EXP Trapezoid not slewing realistic tdc unchecked

+1

The realistic TDC slewing option unchecked doesn't work with Ground radar.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I have checked again today, all seems to behave as it should for me. I have asked other testers to check also.

What? How? Did you uncheck the realistic cursor option and you got it to work? For me and many others it just doesnt. I wish I would use the realistic moode, but Warthog throttle just cant do it, you cant slew and press. That's is why back in the days you added the option to not have to press to slew the cursor. It works with the TGP, with Air to Air Radar, with Ground Radar except in EXP modes...

Please fix it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/4/2020 at 12:04 AM, BIGNEWY said:

I have checked again today, all seems to behave as it should for me. I have asked other testers to check also.

Realistic TDC (Unchecked) is still not working for moving the EXP box around in A/G RDR without having to depress TDC. Elsewhere it works.  

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• 5 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 7:04 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Currently the unchecking the "Realistic TDC slew" option allows you to slew the maverick around without pressing the "TDC depress button."

This is Awesome for users like me who have an X52 or TM Warthog or other HOTAS that does not have a "TDC button" under their "TDC stick".

however there are other functions in the hornet that could benefit from the "Unrealistic TDC slew" implementation like the A/G radar EXP modes.

I made a very short video showing the behavior of the slew options, what the community is requesting to be implemented, as well as a workaround for the current implementation of "unrealistic TDC slew."

https://youtu.be/yDi0Fm_bfxc

I hope this video can help foster the dialog between this community and the developers.

Penguin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Devs, please, can this be looked into? There are a huge number of users that don’t have a depressable TDC, and so this behaviour is extremely problematic.

Sorry, but “Correct As Is” simply doses not hold up, given ED has implemented the feature for MAVs as a user convenience. Why not extend it to radar and targeting pod functionality too?

@NineLine can this be considered? 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
Devs, please, can this be looked into? There are a huge number of users that don’t have a depressable TDC, and so this behaviour is extremely problematic.
Sorry, but “Correct As Is” simply doses not hold up, given ED has implemented the feature for MAVs as a user convenience. Why not extend it to radar and targeting pod functionality too?
@NineLine can this be considered?
Again, how would this work with the Hornet logic?

You have three cursors for the A/G radar. Positive action is how you tell the system what you want. Standard slew is the TDC cursor, TDC depress is the in-video designation cursor, and SCS to the radar is the in-video acquisition cursor.

There's also supposed to be a TDC depress and hold over the azimuth select the in-video cursor for scan re-centering.

Again go back and read throught this thread. You CLEARLY STILL don't understand what we are talking about. Maybe watch the video posted above too. All you do is post unhelpful nonsense. If this issue isn't affecting you , great. Enjoy. It clearly is affecting the rest of us.

Again go back and read throught this thread. You CLEARLY STILL don't understand what we are talking about. Maybe watch the video posted above too. All you do is post unhelpful nonsense. If this issue isn't affecting you , great. Enjoy. It clearly is affecting the rest of us.
I understand it. I just put my TDC depress on my stick and called it a day.
Can and do have depress on the slew, I just don't like to use it with my hardware.

Explain to me exactly how you think this would work.

A/G master mode, SCS right assigns TDC to RDDI. Select EXP 1.

Now what?

4 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

A/G master mode, SCS right assigns TDC to RDDI. Select EXP 1.

Now what?

Move the EXP polygon with the TDC (without depressing it), depress TDC to select the new EXP level. Very straight forward, and already implemented for the MAV.

As mentioned above, just because you don’t have a problem, doesn’t mean others don’t either. I don’t have a button available for TDC depress on my stick, but do have a perfect one on my throttle, in the thumb position. The problem is, my TDC hat is also in the thumb position, hence I can’t use both at the same time. Many popular controls have a similar setup.

Honestly, if this issue doesn’t bother you, I’m not quite sure why you’re even here making an argument against those who do find this an issue.

Edited by norman99
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am still having problems getting the TDC to slew to the ships in the PG Map instant action mission with my Thrustmaster Warthog. I have been losing my mind all afternnon wondering what the hell I am doing wrong regardless of whether realistic TDC slew is checked or not. @BIGNEWY please have another look. If it is in fact meant to be this way then you would simply never be able to get a lock on a ground target. 

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Old thread... but just wanted to say I think it is this way even with realistic TDC slew option unchecked because the AG radar has two 'cursors' that could coexist - one is the yellow "I I" (no TDC depress needed) and the other is the green crosshairs/polygon for EXPs (requires TDC depress to move and release to render). Seems the option to uncheck realistic TDC was really only for the MAV wpn page which is kind of pointless because we would still need to depress TDC for the 'green cursor' in AG radar, regardless. If you solved the latter (with a separate TDC depress button mapped), you wouldn't actually need the special slew option for the MAV wpn page. Perhaps they could have been clearer about the limitations of the slew option.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64