CombatWombat's Airfield Diagrams: Syrian Theatre

shu77

So Cracked 500 downloads, thanks guys for the interest in my pet project.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Yeah mate, theres a bug with the map it appears at present in hat it doesnt recognise kneeboards, try putting them under an aircraft for the time being, the bug is reported in this forum.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Great work. But can´t properly install it in my syria folder.

Tryed it in DCS Core Installation\MOD\terrain\Syria\Kneeboard

But didd´t show up. Am i missed something?

I have all my working kneeboards in Saved Games. Just sayin', as I've not tested these yet. I'm I missing something?

Cheers

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yeah Syria is not currently working for that atm, you need to add them to an aircraft to get them to show up, theres a long discussion on it above and in another thread in this forum. I've logged a bug, Im hoping it gets caught in the next update.

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a minor update to each of my documents to standardise the Roundel on the title image on ED Files. no structural changes until the next Syria Map update, although in the current draft, I have included placeholders for all the targeted airfields based on discussion with Ugra and allowance for their impact on the ERC and numbering. This brings the Airfield diagrams document up to about 73 pages and adds two additional countries.

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you for the great charts and your hard work.

Just one question. It seems the runway headings in the diagrams are true headings.

From what i know the headings given in the charts should be magnetic headings?

So Incirlik for example is actually 55 degrees in the chart. Magnetic heading should be 49 degrees.

It might be that i am completely wrong... ;)

Anyway it‘s not even a big deal, so thank you again and keep up the good work.

MatthlK

Hi Yes headings are based off the airfield measurements at present, I have been waiting on the map to complete a little more to ensure the MagVar is final before doing any calculations.

cw1.png

• 2 months later...

In line with the last newsletter I am going to publish my updated projection on what Ugra have lead me to believe is the final map layout

SYRIA.png

Edited by shu77
  • Like 2

cw1.png

19 hours ago, shu77 said:

In line with the last newsletter I am going to publish my updated projection on what Ugra have lead me to believe is the final map layout

SYRIA.png

I hope that you are wrong and that they will add Malatya or Diyarbakir AB in Turkey 😉

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Maestro only mentioned the 2 I have added in our conversations so I think that may be it. 

cw1.png

Conversations with the Devs. Take it with a grain of salt until it lands which is why I havent published the update until ED announced it, but it looks like it lines up from what theyve said.

cw1.png

First of all, you have done a great job making these charts. Keep up the good work.

Just one question regarding the "ILS location" symbols in your chart: is the placement intentional? All the ones I have checked (Bassel al-Assad, Beirut) have been in the wrong end of the runway.

They were accurate of the last update, I havent done a review recently though.

cw1.png

This marking for LOC 17R is inconsistent with the actual location of the localizer (and where it would be marked in regular aeronautical nav charts). The localizer is ~170m south of the rwy 35L threshold, and the GP is approximately halfway between taxiway C and D in the chart.

bilde.png.80802b0abc12043edebb8fecd8350f03.png

4 hours ago, shu77 said:

Conversations with the Devs. Take it with a grain of salt until it lands which is why I havent published the update until ED announced it, but it looks like it lines up from what theyve said.

Thanks for the info, and great job bro. I was hoping for that two very important military basese in Turkey, but maybe it is too big bite for Maestro, having in mind that he is working alone and that this two bases arent small. 

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

This is what the airfield list sits like on the index, As part of my work on these I normally take opensource info to start then update as I can reference the sim which is why some items are filled in, but also because in a couple cases the navaids are present.  as mentioned 13. OSDZ is a long way further EAST but requires a complete restart of the diagram so I have just left it offset for the minute.  All of this is provisional, and based on feedback from the Ugra rather than being officially approved.  I also note despite several weeks of searching I couldnt find a proper identifier for the UNIFIL base in Lebanon 35. But it looks to be another awesome Heliport, so any help there would be appreciated. 

SYRIA1.jpg

SYRIA2.jpg

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1

cw1.png

I have to admit per my disclaimer to being a VFR pilot Who mostly flies in Class G airspace when not handling a simulated hornet.  I used the iconography from the Caucasus maps and placed these roughly where the F10 Map indicates the ingress line is, on the basis of identifying that if I wanted to do an ILS approach on 17R I would look at the end of 17R.  please feel free to reach out via DM or Discord to discuss if I have missed something.

20 hours ago, drPhibes said:

This marking for LOC 17R is inconsistent with the actual location of the localizer (and where it would be marked in regular aeronautical nav charts). The localizer is ~170m south of the rwy 35L threshold, and the GP is approximately halfway between taxiway C and D in the chart.

bilde.png.80802b0abc12043edebb8fecd8350f03.png

cw1.png