CombatWombat's Airfield Diagrams: Syrian Theatre

shu77

SAYQAL AIRBASE (OS68)
SAYQAL.png

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Version 4.2 is now available Here

• Thanks 3

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

ERC 2.2 with new fields now updated9002.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Airfield Diagrams 4.5 and Helo Supplement 1.6 Released, includes photos of all Helipads

• Thanks 1

cw1.png

6 hours ago, L-1011 said:

hi

Ramat AB have different freq in the game...the map report 250.95 Mhz but ingame it have 251.05 Mhz (F10 map checked)

Thank you. ED Seems to periodically change these for some reason, it becomes a real challenge to catch them each time

• Like 2

cw1.png

5 hours ago, shu77 said:

ED Seems to periodically change these for some reason, it becomes a real challenge to catch them each time

That's because for some maps (e.g. Syria) they only assign tower frequencies in one or two bands (usually VHF, or whatever they found in the real-world sources). Frequencies for other bands are generated automatically.

So, when even a single assigned frequency changes (or a new airfield is added), everything that is not assigned will be "randomly" regenerated.

When a new patch lands, and I see this in the diff checker, I know that have a lengthy appointment with mission editor 😅 

Screenshot - Sat 24 Apr , 05_46_11.png

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

Which file are you looking at to find that? It would be much nicer to be able to pass that and automate some of the collation rather than having the easter egg hunt with Bailey and ther other regulars each time

• Like 1

cw1.png

59 minutes ago, shu77 said:

Which file are you looking at to find that? It would be much nicer to be able to pass that and automate some of the collation rather than having the easter egg hunt with Bailey and ther other regulars each time

`InstallLocation\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\PickYourMap\Radio.lua`

Edited by Bailey

Thanks, pretty much all of my content is mastered through Powerpoint, but I've been increasingly formatting in Excel so I can just pull it across.  The main reason I havent implemented more data in the ERC is the issues in keeping it updated so this would help

cw1.png

First attempt at an approach/Departure chart thanks to @Spt for the info in it. 

SYRIA VAC.png

• Like 4

cw1.png

Final Version attached, some minor changes to coloring in the future. Much thanks to @Spt for getting me out of my comfort zone on these. 

SYRIA.png

Edited by shu77
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

cw1.png

Based on the above I am starting to slowly integrate arrival and departure charts for this theatre.  I want to base these off current data, If you have details for an airfield please shoot me a DM to discuss and I will credit you in the next release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cw1.png

Quick question on Incirlik ground: I noticed that in the real Jeppesen some taxiways have different name such as the two parallel to the rwy, or the loops in the hotel area. November and Sierra on the Jeppesen and Golf and Foxtrot on your airfield map. Why is there this discrepancy?

P.S. not sure if I can upload Jeppesen pic even if is a pubblic one.

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

7 minutes ago, Khamul said:

Quick question on Incirlik ground: I noticed that in the real Jeppesen some taxiways have different name such as the two parallel to the rwy, or the loops in the hotel area. November and Sierra on the Jeppesen and Golf and Foxtrot on your airfield map. Why is there this discrepancy?

P.S. not sure if I can upload Jeppesen pic even if is a pubblic one.

Diagrams are based off the signage that is present on the airfield with the ones that are missing filled in roughly clockwise.  If there is no publicly available source data or a signposted name then I run with a logical allocation of taxiways.  If different signage is added I update as noiced, but a quick check confirms the taxiways you mentioned are not labelled.  Hope that helps. 

cw1.png

5 ore fa, shu77 ha scritto:

Diagrams are based off the signage that is present on the airfield with the ones that are missing filled in roughly clockwise.  If there is no publicly available source data or a signposted name then I run with a logical allocation of taxiways.  If different signage is added I update as noiced, but a quick check confirms the taxiways you mentioned are not labelled.  Hope that helps. 

Thanks for the explanation, and yes you are right, the long taxiways parallel to the rwy are without the label in the sim. I hope Ugra Media will update them with the RL.

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

Yes, theres a whole thread on this somewhere else but essentially due to the ED coding if the radio frequency is not statically defined is randomised every update. This generates quite a lot of work to correct for anyone maintaining data, so as I had done a release for the last batch of fields I was goig to tidy it up with the Cyprus release hoping that might make things static for a period, but by all means if you would like to contribute feel free to pass the updated frequencies across in a good format and I'll give you a credit in the next release.. 

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1

cw1.png

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, starting work on the 9 new fields but not feeling it today.  Gazipasa to follow when I get my mojo back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cw1.png

In the mean time Gazipasa.

SYRIA.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

cw1.png

Cheers I dont have this specific set though have some others for that base, will put a bit of effort into this one when I get that far.

cw1.png