CombatWombat's Airfield Diagrams: Syrian Theatre

shu77

Thanks for the feedback, I tend to use them on the ipad myself so I miss some of the on screen specifics I will knock the font up one for the next version.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

File now on DCS User Files HERE

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Thanks!

Per your feedback I have increased all fonts by 1pt on the diagrams and changed the parking/taxi from 6pt to 8pt Bold to improve readability.

Please call out any text overruns I have missed when reviewing.

cw1.png

Thanks Shu for the awsome work and the time you invested in giving us this document. Highly appreciated!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I've updated the file extension from .PNG to .png to assist with compatibility, although Im not sure from what Ive read this isnt implemented at a Map level.

cw1.png

Looks great! Just two last recommendations:

1. For taxiways: increase the contrast between the white/black to eliminate some "smudgyness" and increase the size of the balloons

2. For parking spots just increase the balloon size

Thanks for all your hard work!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Thanks for all the work Shu! Looks great! :thumbup:

Not in the position to properly look into it at the moment, but can I use these in VR as kneeboard?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yes, there is a limitation with the map which doesnt seem to like Kneeboards, so you need to add them to the aircraft folder. I formatted the green ones specifically for VR night ops.

cw1.png

I'll be adjusting the taxiway and Parking spots slightly with the next release though that may be when the next version of the map drops and I can do the Gridlines for each map and get a proper Magnetic variation.

In the mean time I have been playing with the Layout for the Enroute chart and have attached the first cut.

ersa1.png

A copy has been uploaded to ED files and will be linked when released.

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

Can't thank you enough shu, its really astonishing how this isn't a standard with the maps we are given. Much thanks to people like you we can run proper ground procedures and ad hoc recoveries. Again thanks!

By the way, I'm using Kneeboard builder and I'm not able to get the Kneeboards to show up in game when i place the .png files in the terrain folder. Aside from importing the files to each module, do you know if the Syria map has a new directory for kneeboard files?

Sincerely

mobua

Can't thank you enough shu, its really astonishing how this isn't a standard with the maps we are given. Much thanks to people like you we can run proper ground procedures and ad hoc recoveries. Again thanks!

By the way, I'm using Kneeboard builder and I'm not able to get the Kneeboards to show up in game when i place the .png files in the terrain folder. Aside from importing the files to each module, do you know if the Syria map has a new directory for kneeboard files?

Sincerely

mobua

Theres another thread running atm that suggests the issue is a bug with the map at present, so you either need to add the files to the aircraft or the mission. I am hoping its addressed with the next patch

cw1.png

As mentioned earlier the goal with the En-route Chart was to try and replicate the functionality of the old Caucasus IFR Charts while looking a little more like an aviation document. Originally I was going to post it into the knee-boards, but the amount of information makes it almost impossible to get it down to a knee-board format, so I will throw a copy of this into the next release but the document is best enjoyed at A3 or larger. As I sat and drew lines last night I had a few ideas from the first draft above. Even at this scale the Fonts are quite small though on the PDF you can zoom to read happily

There are sites like Sky Vector that show IFR routes but they are limited in that they don't show military fields for the most part, and theirs not a lot of routes in the region due to the hostilities so not useful for planning a flight to some of the smaller fields, so while I based some of my work off them, I ended up blending styles and just connecting the dots to try and bring as many airfields into the Net as possible. This also presents some challenges as the size of the theatre where airfields blend together, and for that reason I dropped the Heliports from this release, though I may add Taftanaz and Minakh back at some point.

While the previous example was zoomed onto the current map I have decided to publish the whole map with Cyprus even though there's no routes there yet, though if there's sufficient interest I can scale the document down to the mainland again, this actually takes more work to scale all the boxes back to suit.

Where a field exists in real life but only exists in DCS as a Nav Aid I have coloured it Grey currently only Gaziantep though the VOR ROP in Israel is Rosh Pina LLIB so in the same boat. To be honest Israel is one of those examples where the amount of detail is hard to represent in a format that doesn't allow you to pinch zoom, and IRL this region would cover several Aviation Maps so there's limits to what I think can be represented. Theres also a few bugs, I'm not overly happy with how the software is anchoring the route lines to the airfields, but that takes a little work to address.

Minimum route heights are roughed in based on terrain in the region, if you find one that is too low for ground clearance please let me know.

I'll post the link the the PDF on user files once approved

ersa3.png

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

Enroute Chart now available on ED files HERE

cw1.png

Have added Version 3.0 Airfield Diagrams Update to reflect frequency changes in 2.5.6.54046

Many thanks to Bailey for compiling these and giving me the heads up. There are some other changes to the map I will get in the next few days including a couple of runway changes, but I will be working through those once I get back into the sim. I thought you would all want current frequencies without having to shuffle documents.

If you havent already done so check out Baileys awesome list of Frequencies which is the universal list for all maps.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304548/

cw1.png

Hi Ike, in terms of RSBN, I had read Ugra were going to add RSBN so I was going to support those channels when added and put them into the summary data and diagrams themselves, but I think at the moment its just the Magnitude Nav data for the Mig21 which I cant see as I dont have MiG-21.

In terms of Metric conversion, It requires a complete rewrite of every page so while this is an unofficial project I will probably wont do a metric chart, but will keep it in mind.

If it helps, I specifically went with Nautical Miles as All the western Aircraft use knots and 300knts is 5 Nautical Miles a minute.

Edited by shu77

cw1.png

Hi Ike, in terms of RSBN, I had read Ugra were going to add RSBN so I was going to support those channels when added and put them into the summary data and diagrams themselves, but I think at the moment its just the Magnitude Nav data for the Mig21 which I cant see as I dont have MiG-21.

Ah, I see, my misconception there.

In terms of Metric conversion, It requires a complete rewrite of every page so while this is an unofficial project I will probably wont do a metric chart, but will keep it in mind.

That's understandable. I'll probably do it myself then (hand-write the info into your charts) for the Syrian airfields only, I won't need it for the other countries.

Yeah definately happy to keep a copy incase it works in. Also interested in the RSBN info if you can share a screenshot as I'm not keen to buy the Mig21 just for that.

cw1.png