Select Jettison Works with Master Arm on SAFE

Zergburger

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There is a problem with missiles selective jettison. Its happening on stations 3-7 and 4-6 - but with no pylons selection.

If you select pylons as well, no issues what so ever. But in case if you do NOT select pylons:

When you press Weapon Release Button on stations 3 and 7 with pylons LAU-88, 1 missile from each station gets fired up and goes its way.

With pylons LAU-117 is ok, none gets fired up, but get jettison.

On stations 4 and 6 where is also the same problem if AGM-88C missile is there, its gets fired up as well.

image.png

image.png

Edited by skywalker22
added track file

As far as the HARM, the missile is designed to fire off the rail unguided when commanded to jettison as an anti-compromise measure.

Not sure why the Mavericks are doing it though.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

12 hours ago, Tholozor said:

As far as the HARM, the missile is designed to fire off the rail unguided when commanded to jettison as an anti-compromise measure.

Not sure why the Mavericks are doing it though.

Not when pressing emergency jettison. Then the missile and rack are jettisoned.

As for selective jettison, im not sure and need to look it up

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

21 minutes ago, Falconeer said:

Not when pressing emergency jettison. Then the missile and rack are jettisoned.

As for selective jettison, im not sure and need to look it up

I said explicitly for selective jettison, didn`t mension any emergency one 😉 Btw, I found that just by mistake, when I needed to move my arse away from some sams 🙂

Will do the replay now.

• Like 1

This is my payload:

- 3x mavericks D and 3x maverick H (but can be any type of 1x, 2x or 3x mounted on pylon type LAU-88)

- 2x HAMRMs

image.png

Here is a short video, 1st half shows selecting missiles and pylons, 2nd half shows only selecting missiles:

Important thing to know, when choosing Mavericks which are mounted on pylons type LAU-117, missiles and pylons are jettisoned OK.

On the side note: missiles can jettison (fire up) even if Master Arm is OFF. Not sure how it has to be, but as far as I remember for example, on F/A-18 Master Arm has to be turned ON if you want to jettions from selected pylons (missiles, bombs or fuel tanks).

1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

On the side note: missiles can jettison (fire up) even if Master Arm is OFF. Not sure how it has to be, but as far as I remember for example, on F/A-18 Master Arm has to be turned ON if you want to jettions from selected pylons (missiles, bombs or fuel tanks).

This is sound like a bug.

When master arm is not in arm position, there is no firing voltage being applied to the breeches which hold the cartridges

As for the firing missiles in "selective jettison", i cant imagine the missiles are being fired...    and its pure safety reasons. You as a pilot always want to know where you can jettison your payload. You simply can't just random shoot a missile somewhere. 

Maybe i'm wrong, but i'll look it up to be sure

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

My understanding is that no rocket motor type jettison is possible through the SMS/S-J process. HARM may have some kind of "non compromise launch" but that isn't a jettison. Every other rocket ordnance (Hydra, Maverick, AIM-9, AIM-120, JASSM, Penguin, etc.) has no selective jettison by rocket motor ability.

According to the manual....

Only launchers which holds the missiles are considerred "jettisonable stores" and only those are shown when you enter S-J mode.

Jettisonable stores are loaded in memory in the order determined by the stores and racks list

In E-J and S-J, the stores are always in a safe condition, so no fuses armed and no motors ignited

Edited by Falconeer

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team

I do have a reported open for this already, I have merged the posts and added the info to my report

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Select Jettison Works with Master Arm on SAFE